home

Author Topic: ABOUT DANG TIME! The Fourth Newsletter is HERE!  (Read 1627 times)

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
ABOUT DANG TIME! The Fourth Newsletter is HERE!
« on: April 11, 2005, 07:46:55 AM »
Greetings!

So you've had to wait for a little while. Well, I ran out of gas. I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!

Truth of the matter is we relaxed a bit during the days around the Easter weekend. We've all been working hard on this, besides our gruelling day jobs and/or school, sacrificing time that would otherwise be spent frolicking in the park with our loved ones, taking the kids to Disney Land, doing useful work for the community... You get the point.

Enough of this! You've been begging for the fourth Campaign Newsletter and it's here! Boy, do we have a corkin' issue for you: We introduce you to the third of the great powers making a bid for Ostermark. The unexpected alliance of Middenland and Kislev comes roaring across the Talabec to lay siege upon Bechafen. We have two more scenarios which you can play to experience the escalating violence in Bechafen itself, and this time one of them is designed not for Skirmish but for a regular 2,000 point game of Warhammer, so see if you can sneak this puppy in at a pick-up game! We continue our hobby sections with articles on converting the Graf von Stirland and an easy how-to on building roads. Of course there is more...

So get your copy now!

Remember, if you missed anything, the previous issues are still available:

Issue 3
Issue 2
Issue 1

So What Else Is New?

As we speak we're putting the finishing touches on the Campaign Website - due to this the current "placeholder" site will not be updated anymore. Calvin has put a lot of work and love into designing the site and we think it shows! Once the site goes up you will have one place where you can find absolutely everything you need to know about the War of Ostermark Succession.

At the same time, our Asurian caffeine junky TimmyMWD adjusts the final nuts and bolts on the campaign engine. From our end - you know, the end where we get to see all this stuff long before you do - it's looking great already, and all that needs to be done now is cosmetics.

Don't quote me on this, but I think we may be able to go live within a week or two.

Feel a need to have your say in all this? Get over to the War of Ostermark Succession Forum!

Cheers,

--The Warhammer-Empire.com Spring Campaign Staff
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Hagen_von_Loewenstein

• Members
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 06:21:09 PM »
Some minor criticism, though.

First off, I think this time the pictures of the "dramatis personnae" are kind of a letdown, because to me they don't really get along well with what those persons are meant to be in general, e.g. the "Ar Ulric" just looks a little too "secular", which might be perfectly okay in OUR world, but doesn't realy corespond to the Warhammer world of religious zeal. Also the historical crown of "Emperor Severin" just looks off to me.
And I don't think the use of the double-headed eagle of the House of Romanov for the Kislevites was that good an idea... For once, it's just a TOO well known image in its own right, and in warhammer, I think it's the BEAR that's generally connected with Kislev.
As I said, only minor criticism (and only, because I'm used to better stuff by you guys ;) )...

The conversion of Martin on the other hand was really nice ;)

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 06:34:18 PM »
Hmmm. I rather like Severin's funny hat actually. As for Waldemar, I suppose there weren't that many suitable portraits of men in wolf skin-edged robes... but perhaps he prefered to be painted while wearing more secular clothing? I like his expression - there is a haunted, guilty look around the eyes that fits the character well.

Pygmyhippo did a good job of matching the character information (which was very sketchy, and lacked any physical detail) to suitable portraits.

You are probably right about the eagle device. It could be argued that it is just a space filler, and not intended to represent the Kislevites?
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 01:45:19 AM »
Well if Hagen only has minor criticisms it must be good  :wink:

I’m glad you liked my article; I plan to make more like it for the workshop once this campaign business is wrapped up.

Oh and thanks to pygmy for making the layout of it so nice :-D !
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 03:45:16 PM »
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

... I cried. In all honesty I cried. I love you guys! The quality is astounding, the "woodcuts" are insane, and despite whatever Hagen_von_Loewenstein says  :roll: It was undeniably the best one yet. The wait was excrutiating! But well worth it, for now I jealusly guard it and regularily make ritualistic sacrifices to the Warhammer God (I'm kidding). Truly the work the team has done well surpasses that of GW and I am in humble awe that I can claim to have spoken with those great heros that made it. I simply cannot express how deeply impressed I am.

That and it was about Middenland which was a MAJOR plus, Oh! and a Kislev alliance, boo yah!, put that in your pipe and smoke it, slap that on a T-Shirt and sell it, etc.
Larry: WOW! Three sixes in a row!
[Elsewhere]
Darth Vader: I feel a disturbance in the force...

Offline Rik Riorik

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 12:06:22 PM »
Once again a very well produced piece of campagin material. Especially liked the Martin conversion idea, even though he might not look like that when I'm done with him, there are plans in the making for getting him to lead my Stirlanders on some occasions.

Apart from that I'm looking foward to seeing the campaign engine in work and also towards seeing how the map will be orgainsed and used.

For truly starling work you're hereby given the blessings of the god of your choice. Onwards to Ostermark!
For the Graf! For Stirland! For the Empire! We go to protect Ostermark against the foreign invaders!

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 03:18:31 PM »
Quote from: Rik Riorik
Especially liked the Martin conversion idea, even though he might not look like that when I'm done with him

I’m really glad about that, I didn’t write the article so that everyone that reads it would make a carbon copy of my model, but more so that people would get ideas to make their own. If this campaign can get people converting and working on their armies, then I have to say that I’m very proud.
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline Kernschatten

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 11:49:39 PM »
I know that we frown on cluttering the forums with stickies and such, but I think that until the campaign site is up and running that this should remain a sticky.
"We finally really did it. You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you. God damn you all to hell."

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2005, 06:19:08 AM »
Was this unstickied? Then re-stickied? I someone screwing around with my board?

Find out in the next episode of... :-D

I'll re-organize this place once the site is up.
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Kernschatten

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2005, 08:01:56 PM »
It was unstickied when I went looking to post the link for Warpghost. I may or may not be the one who restickied it. Depends on the consequences.  :oops:
"We finally really did it. You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you. God damn you all to hell."