home

Author Topic: Who Has Drummed Up Support?  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Kernschatten

• Members
Who Has Drummed Up Support?
« on: April 29, 2005, 03:11:14 PM »
The rumor is that everything is almost ready, things should start happening very soon.

I was wondering who will be getting their friends and clubs involved? Remember, other races will be able to participate. Their results just won't count towards the faction scores.
"We finally really did it. You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you. God damn you all to hell."

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 03:12:25 PM »
I'm going to try and get my cousin involved.  He knows some other people that play, so maybe we could do something.  I'm the only one that plays Empire though. :?
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Kernschatten

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 03:14:16 PM »
Quote from: wissenlander
I'm going to try and get my cousin involved.  He knows some other people that play, so maybe we could do something.  I'm the only one that plays Empire though. :?

That's okay, your scores will still count towards faction.
"We finally really did it. You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you. God damn you all to hell."

Offline Hagen_von_Loewenstein

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 03:17:02 PM »
Well, I tried to advertise the campaign on another board (even with official support), but so far there wasn't really much support... :?

Offline rha celt

• Members
I hope other games count some.
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 07:27:48 PM »
I am afraid up here in the frozen north ( North Dakota) there are not many empire players.  I have gotten several other warhammer players interested and what we are planning is fighting a group of battles centered on me trying to get my army to Ostermark. I will end up fighting at least two Ork, one VC and a beastman army as I march to support Middenland. I hope that these battles will in someway help our true cause.
When in doubt attack, hey sometimes it works

Offline Rathis Darkwielder

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 10:53:44 PM »
I've got 2 empire opponents I'll try to get some battles with. Shouldn't be too hard. I'll try to send them here to read all the wonderful fluff etc as well

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2005, 11:10:34 PM »
Sorry for hijacking your post but... I thought any army(any race) could fight for any of the provinces. So like Brets. could fight for stirland and a khorne army marches next to Talabecland.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Rik Riorik

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 06:18:54 PM »
And I did too think that my Dwarf could lend the Stirlanders a hand for a nice penny. Still if I win against another factions side then it will still count will it not?

I'm bamboozled.
For the Graf! For Stirland! For the Empire! We go to protect Ostermark against the foreign invaders!

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 06:21:15 PM »
Patience, m'lads, patience. We'll explain the details of the campaign soon enough.
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Kernschatten

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 06:36:26 PM »
Quote from: Rik Riorik
And I did too think that my Dwarf could lend the Stirlanders a hand for a nice penny. Still if I win against another factions side then it will still count will it not?

I'm bamboozled.

Sorry, didn't mean to casue you any consternation. The whole point was that anyone who cannot find an Empire opponent can still post results for their faction.

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2005, 12:32:36 AM »
Quote from: Kernschatten
Quote from: Rik Riorik

I'm bamboozled.

Sorry, didn't mean to casue you any consternation. The whole point was that anyone who cannot find an Empire opponent can still post results for their faction.

but can a non-empire(god forbid) gamer fight a battle and then submit it for one of the factions?
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Melvin the Melvin

• Members
  • Purge the heretic, the gunline, the cheese-hero.
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2005, 07:38:55 PM »
The simple question seems to be: to count towards the faction scores, does a battle need to feature only one Empire army, or must both opponents be Empire players?
Quote from: Warlord
We fight, and we win through strategy and determination. We are civilised, cosmopolitan, and wear cod-pieces.

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2005, 10:12:49 PM »
Details are scant as not even the staff has got it's hands on the engine yet, and Timmy is working his pointy helmet off getting the last bits in place :-D

You'll need to register for a faction in order to participate; as it stands, sign-up will probably be opened to Empire (including variants), Kislev, Dogs of War and Dwarfs. You can play against whoever you like, though battles versus participating races will earn you bonus points.
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Senor D

• Members
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2005, 12:43:17 AM »
I put up an advertisement poster in my local Games Workshop!

The staff said it was 'interesting', which I take to be good.
yep.

Offline farmboy

• Members
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2005, 09:44:29 PM »
I brought it up with my local rogue trader store. If the scores count even if their is only one empire player than the store is behind this all the way. However there are only 3 empire players in my local area. 3 out of 60+ players :(