home

Author Topic: So, what *is* taking so long?  (Read 1293 times)

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
So, what *is* taking so long?
« on: July 09, 2005, 10:08:23 PM »
Hi everybody,

Well it's me again, telling you once more that we're not quite ready to start, but that we're almost there . The hold-up, as it has been over the past time, is still the engine. Timmy ironed out some major bugs in the battle report function and right now he's implementing the new artwork Grutch provided (and which Midaski stole from our desks and handed out to the masses!).

I'm terribly sorry to keep you guys in limbo for so long. At the same time, it warms my heart to see that people are still keen and interested (I can tell by the nagging!) even when we're a cool five months past our projected start date. Well, actually, more like three months past our realistic start date - February was just something Grutch came up with to give the team a solid headache :-D

Believe me when I tell you that we will have a campaign. If I have to take six weeks off and hunker down in my room with a blocknote and a pencil, with naught but a bucket for company, and do the whole thing by hand, then so help me Sigmar I will. But I've seen the code Timmy has written and though it's pretty much Greek to me, there's so much of it it has to be good!

There's dozens of people signed up. There's the occasional mutter in the faction forums and the steady trickle of traffic in the main campaign board. People are still reading the Newsletters and looking at the website. There's the silent partners lurking in the shadows waiting for something to happen. As long as you guys stick with us, we'll stick with you.

Now be a nice angry mob and put the torches and pitchforks down :)

Cheers,

--GH
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 10:20:22 PM »
I would just like to point out that it was a certain english gentleman from Surrey who first posted up a Faction Avatar -

As he is a member of the Campaign team - one naturally assumed they were fair game - I have to protect my fellow Kislevites and Middenlanders.

Afterall we couldn't have some heretical Talabeclander shoving his emblems in our faces without true blue retaliation. :wink:

{My legal team have been informed of this diabolical slur. :shock: }
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 11:37:44 PM »
I my self have recruited a couple of players for Talabecland and Stirland respectivly after making a complete jack-@$$ of my self I found a wily old ancients player who agreed to log on and another fellow from Winterhaven who was enthusiastic. Salvation!
Larry: WOW! Three sixes in a row!
[Elsewhere]
Darth Vader: I feel a disturbance in the force...