home

Author Topic: Another skirmishers rule question  (Read 838 times)

Offline Veldemere

• Members
Another skirmishers rule question
« on: June 18, 2007, 01:43:14 PM »
So the situation was 5 knights and 1 mounted hero (effectively a unit of 6 knights for simplicities sake) charging 2 bases of TK swarms. I charged from an angle and he ranked up against me, I will try to explain below;

Initial charge:
          S
      S
 K K K K K K

He then ranked up thus:

S  S
KKKKKK

Allowing 5 models to attack
I felt he should have ranked up thus:

S  S
KKKKKK

Which would have allowed 6 knights to attack.

We interpreted the rules differently as the BRB under charging a skirmisher say that they "rank up as above", presumably referring to the previous pageabout ranking up for a charge, but that just says the charger (i.e. the Skirmisher) has to maximise their frontage.

Could someone please clarify this situation as he was saying that where the first touch happened that model does not move the others just rank up around them, in which case this could happen:

SS
KKKKKK

putting only 3 knights into combat.

I won the combat but would like this clarified as if he is right I need to be a bit more careful with my charges (as I could have hit with any part of the unit).
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline Elieress

• Members
  • Slaanesh.. Just a painting project... I promise...
Re: Another skirmishers rule question
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 02:00:57 PM »
You can affect how many of your opponents figures you want to engage, when you charge a skirmishing unit. 
It is correct that the first model stays excatly where it is hit, but the rest of the skirmishing unit is brought up into a neat rankendavouring to bring as any figures into combat as possible.

2 swarms (40mm)
should have been fully touching 3 knights (3*25 mm) and corner to corner with an aditional 2 knights.

If you didn't hit the opponent as you should, you might only get 4 knights into base to base contact...
If you clipped one swarm (BAD!! NEVER DO SO!!) you would be corner to corner with that one and the other swarm aligned right next to it would only leave you with 2 knights in combat.

You wont ever get 6 knights into combat with 2 40mm figures in a skirmishing unit.. They have to align next to each other with bases touching.
Elieress... Just an old RPG name that got stuck to most of my online profiles...

CPH denmark