home

Author Topic: Fixing the Halberdier  (Read 25537 times)

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
Re: Fixing the Halberdier
« Reply #200 on: June 21, 2007, 03:58:07 PM »
A bit offtopic:
I really don`t play empire for it`s infantry. Call it heresy but no armour or light armour only is just not my thing. I like heavy infantry. Therefore I would prefer some options to upgrade a limited amount  of state troop regiments with better amour and stats ... if someone is willing to pay for those upgrades, why not? Heavy armour should be an option our troops should have.

(Or rename our greatswords to something neutral and give them the option to choose to either go 2 handweapon, shield+handweapon or halberd. ... again offtopic I know)

(By the way .. why do outriders and pistoliers only wear light armour ... the models have heavy armour)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 04:00:51 PM by Victor »

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Much Less Dense Than Other Lawyers!
« Reply #201 on: June 21, 2007, 04:00:53 PM »
In spite of my attempts to drive this thread into the depths of silliness, people keep comming back with practical solutions.  :dry:

You have once again entered the Inability To Communicate Subtle Nuance Zone.  Good luck getting out. :closed-eyes:
Quote from: Johan Willhelm
Quote from: Dendo Star
Muppets do not have Hatred!
I bet "Animal" has Frenzy . . .

Offline Laerniss

• Members
« Reply #202 on: June 21, 2007, 10:31:11 PM »
In spite of my attempts to drive this thread into the depths of silliness, people keep comming back with practical solutions.  :dry:

You have once again entered the Inability To Communicate Subtle Nuance Zone.  Good luck getting out. :closed-eyes:

The trick is to write posts drip with so much sarcasm that the reader is compelled to go grab a mop.
I thought Rufas did an admirable job on the last two, but could fit a tiny bit more in....

Now, the correct solution is for Games Workshop to release Karl Franz mounted on the Imperial Dragon wielding a halberd.  Nevermind WYSIWUG and the army book be damned. 

When young impressionable generals see our beloved Emperor on a fearsome dragon wielding the ALMIGHTY halberd, they will say, "Wow, that halberd is really cool.  I want troops with halberds so my army matches the Emperor."

And it shall be so....

- Laerniss

Offline Elieress

• Members
  • Slaanesh.. Just a painting project... I promise...
« Reply #203 on: June 22, 2007, 09:54:36 AM »
if only... But NOOooooOOOooo... Our poor generals would never pick up a halberd.. Captains can wield them, but not our generals..

(I wanted to field my general on a griffon with a halberd... But no... Now i have to field a Waltar in stead  :dry: )
Elieress... Just an old RPG name that got stuck to most of my online profiles...

CPH denmark

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #204 on: June 22, 2007, 10:08:10 AM »
hmmm why can't the lector take a halberd? hmmmmmm you actually could convert your greatswords to wielding halberds and just stick to their rules and call them elite halberdiers you get the Ws 4 you get +1 strength over the regular halberd and you get something even better than a heavy armour lol. hmm you could than field one or two units "regular" halberds...perhaps than nobody will ever whine again over composition...

"two units of halberds...wow now this is an empire army!"

Hmmm Idea how I will convert my Teutogen guard (If I ever will convert them)