home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 264311 times)

Offline Sig

• Members
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2015, 05:37:58 PM »
The twin tails of the comet on his belt are fashioned as lightning bolts, hanging down. It works ok when they're shorter like on some of the other figures, but here they're way too long and look ridiculous.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2015, 01:38:43 AM »
I actually like the bulky appearance. Armored warriors shouldn't look like silver-painted athletes. (IMO)

I would agree with the helmet robbing him of character but it at least makes him more intelligent than space marines whose commanders charge in without any head protection :icon_wink: (though a warrior priest head-swap might look nice)

All in all, I think it's a really nice model. It's probably way out of my price range though. :-P
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2015, 01:53:03 AM »
I actually like the bulky appearance. Armored warriors shouldn't look like silver-painted athletes. (IMO)

I would agree with the helmet robbing him of character but it at least makes him more intelligent than space marines whose commanders charge in without any head protection :icon_wink: (though a warrior priest head-swap might look nice)

All in all, I think it's a really nice model. It's probably way out of my price range though. :-P

#1: I agree but he shouldn't look like a fat a!@ either. He needs some Greek muscle armour :P

#2: Still needs to look human-ish. I don't care if his white beard and pale face is seen. If anything this would me him look other worldly, which is knida the whole point.

#3: Needs work.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 01:55:32 AM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2015, 02:13:31 AM »

#1: I agree but he shouldn't look like a fat a!@ either. He needs some Greek muscle armour :P

#2: Still needs to look human-ish. I don't care if his white beard and pale face is seen. If anything this would me him look other worldly, which is knida the whole point.

#3: Needs work.

1. Agreed, you can never go wrong with Greek-muscle armor. (Or at the very least, a nice cuirass)

2. That'd be a good design choice.

3. Lovely thing about this hobby, we can give it all the work it needs. :wink:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2015, 04:37:19 AM »
Those are suppose to look like lightning bolts? :icon_eek:  And as comet tails, they fail as well. :icon_rolleyes:

Gosh, now it sticks out like a sore thumb, but only uglier.  I'm sorry, it is so hard for me to get behind these figures.  I'm sure someone will paint them up real well, but I'm not feeling an ounce of inspiration from those pictures. :icon_sad:

I'm not convinced that Greek armor, a "human" face, or the effort behind working with this figure are going to improve the situation.  Oh well.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 04:40:28 AM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2015, 06:43:59 PM »
I'm a fan of most of the other stormcast models, but this one isn't really hitting the spot for me. I can also see what they were going for, but I'd also have liked the hammer to be a bit more central. That said, I've always preferred infantry and generally don't go for ANYTHING big. So I'm probably biased in that regard. It is nice to see the storm casts get their big center piece model.

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2015, 07:53:01 PM »
The other flying Stormcast guys are kind of fatties as well.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2015, 08:35:50 PM »
So word seems to be out on the Prosecutor set, weapon options look like the 2h axe featured. Also a Knight Azyros and Knight Venator and a battletome for Stormcast. Also an upgrade sprue?

Via Scanner in spiky bits forum
New Releases this week:

Prosecutors box, three models- 46 €

Knight Azyros (clampack)- 33 €

Knight Venator (clampack) - 33 €

Stormcast Eternals Upgrade Sprues- 9 €

Battletome Stormcast Eternals (New Rules) - 46 €

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2015, 12:44:55 PM »
There are two upgrade sprues/packs.   One for shields, and shoulder pads and other gribblies.   And one for ugrading to some for some kind of Kights.  I'm guessing that means it's a command sprue

• Members
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2015, 02:54:02 PM »
There are two upgrade sprues/packs.   One for shields, and shoulder pads and other gribblies.   And one for ugrading to some for some kind of Kights.  I'm guessing that means it's a command sprue

I heard it were 2 different iconagraphy upgrade packs but contents same (ie shields, pauldrons and other stuff)

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2015, 08:21:32 PM »
Those wings are a great achievement in the casting of plastic miniatures.

On the lantern, however, they look extremely silly.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2015, 08:31:00 PM »
Are they soem sort of mechanical wings?

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2015, 09:30:04 PM »
Those are very promising releases, thanks for the update! :smile2:

I might get that battletome as it looks to have lots of AoS fluff that go could a long way in scenarios and army designs. (And can join my collection of armybooks that I don't have armies for  :-P)

The upgrade sprues are definitely on my watch list,  conversion opportunities aplenty.

Haha, didn't see that until you mentioned it. :lol:

Although...if you cut those off they could make good knight helmet add-ons.

Are they soem sort of mechanical wings?

Looks like it, the artwork I've seen seems to suggest that they use heaven's magic to stay in flight.

• Members
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2015, 09:40:03 PM »
I think it's just a bad paint job on those "wings" on the lantern.. they should be painted as emanating light, then it would make sense

Offline knightofthelance

• Members
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2015, 10:36:52 PM »

What's the point of being able to fly if you have to carry your lantern? Much better if it can just fly along next to you.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2015, 04:22:43 AM »
Careful with words like that. Next thing you'll know, there's a 50 dollar kit for 6 flying lanterns that boost all free people within 6 inches...

• Members
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2015, 06:33:59 PM »
next week will see the last 2 missing warscrolls for Stormcast, the Heraldor and Vexilor (musician and banner dude). So just wondering if the Lord-Relictor and Lord-Celestant on Dracoth will see an individual model sold, or if they keep those exclusive to the starterbox

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2015, 08:27:02 PM »
Those sound good, curious to see what their musician is. Maybe a call-back to the old rock and roll guitar marine days. :icon_wink:

Found a blog of the upgrade sprues.
http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/160

Loving the shields and winged Stormcasts with bows.

If I do make a Stormcast army someday, I might just use all of those crested helmets for them. The 2.0 version of the imperial feathers. :-)

• Members
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2015, 09:07:37 PM »
The Venator is ace. 3 attacks, 2+ to hit, 3+ to wound and once per game can do special arrow instead of the 3 attacks. but does D3+3 damage and on Hero or Monster even D6+3 damage

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2015, 09:53:26 AM »
The musician and standard/totem bearer are sort of featured in the main age of Sigmar book already, on the page detailing the structure of the Stormcasts.  I would prefer more of a flag style banner than something like the Lord Relictor's pole thing though.  I'm sure in teh artwork there is a proper banner, sort of like a bigger version of the thing trailing from Vandus Hammerhand;s hammer (Lord Celestant on Dracoth).

I would be surprised if we see another Lord-Celestand on Dracoth miniature, but I would hope we might get another Lord-Relictor, and the Stormcasts definitely need some kind of Wizard, not just to cast spells, but to be able to unbind spells.  And also benefit from the scenery bonuses like the occulum thingy

• Members
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2015, 08:47:31 PM »
copied from facebook

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2015, 08:50:04 PM »
Well at least the banner dude has lightning bolts that look like lightning bolts.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2015, 09:21:41 PM »
Heraldor? Vexillor? Good grief, who comes up with these terms? Probably the same guy who came up with Skeletor.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2015, 12:39:22 AM »
Heraldor? Vexillor? Good grief, who comes up with these terms? Probably the same guy who came up with Skeletor.

Vexillollogy is the study of flags. 

I've noticed he can carry one of two totems, but if it's a clampack mini, it would be hard to fit an alternative on the sprue.  I wonder if like the recent Khorne exalted if the alternative build isn't available for the model.  Guess we will find out later in the week.

Also, the herald seems to by trying to play his Vuvuzela with his eye.  Probably because the metal mask means he can't blow it.

Offline Champildhir

• Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/juan.pascualanaya
« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2015, 02:32:35 AM »
Also, the herald seems to by trying to play his Vuvuzela with his eye.  Probably because the metal mask means he can't blow it.

I'd say it's just the perspective and that it points to the mouth. Bad photographer? :? A flexible mask? :ph34r: