home

Author Topic: 3000 Point Army for 3v3 Battle, Griffon Formation Attempt  (Read 2592 times)

Offline Ad A Dglgmut

• Members
3000 Point Army for 3v3 Battle, Griffon Formation Attempt
« on: August 05, 2013, 03:58:36 AM »
Hey all,

So, I took a long break from Warhammer and am slowly weening myself into the new rules and Empire army.  I've played one game so far, using a griffon formation type army and lost pretty badly, mostly due to my total failure to use my Archers properly.  I want to keep at it until I can master it so I've come up with a 3000 point list that I will be using in a 3v3 game this Friday (I am unsure of what everyone else is bringing).  I am somewhat limited to models (mostly the current lack of knights), otherwise I would include a big unit of knights.  Anyways here's what I've come up with.

Arch Lector (General, goes with Halberdiers)
Greatweapon
Armor of Destiny

Wizard Lord
Level 4
Talisman of Protection
Lore of Heavens

Captain (goes with Halberdiers)
Battle Standard Bearer
Full Plate
Sword of Battle
Charmed Shield
Dawnstone

Warrior Priest (goes with Greatswords)
Greatweapon
Heavy Armor

Battle Wizard
Level 1
Dispel Scroll
Lore of Beasts

Master Engineer

48 Halberdiers
Full Command
2 x 15 Halberdier Detachments

10 Archers
2 x 5 Archer Detachments

5 Knights
Musician

29 Greatswords
Full Command

3 Demigryph Knights
Musician
Lances

3 Demigryph Knights
Musician
Lances

Great Cannon

Great Cannon

Helblaster Volley Gun

Steam Tank

Celestial Hurricanum

The plan is to have the center of my army revolve around the Halberdiers, with the Greatswords on one flank and the steam tank on the other with the 3 knight units on whichever flank looks best.  I plan on keeping the 2 main blocks close together for the Hurricanum and BSB.  The greatswords will be 6x5. 

So mostly I'm wondering, do my characters and their items look good and what could be done to tweak the list, but keep it similar in theme?

Also, I was thinking of just having my Wizards hang out behind the main units (unless their are fliers or other manoverable chaff), but should I throw them into the two blocks? 

Thanks! :smile2:
Usually I have a female mage holding my Rod of Power   :-D

Offline sandstorm

• Members
Re: 3000 Point Army for 3v3 Battle, Griffon Formation Attempt
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 09:37:57 AM »
The greatswords need to be at least 40 and in horde formation. 2 units of 3 demigryphs are fine but if you could find a way to make them units of 4 then their combat effectiveness will be greatly increased. Otherwise your list looks pretty solid.

Offline Ad A Dglgmut

• Members
Re: 3000 Point Army for 3v3 Battle, Griffon Formation Attempt
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 07:25:22 PM »
If I take out one of the Demigryph units, bump the one left up to 4 (and upgrade to a champion), that will give me enough points to add in 10 greatswords.  It's either that or drop a cannon (and 10 more points from somewhere else), which, even though I'd still have 2, I would prefer not to do. 
Usually I have a female mage holding my Rod of Power   :-D