home

Author Topic: Detachment rules change  (Read 3264 times)

Offline finngoalie

• Members
Detachment rules change
« on: October 03, 2011, 06:12:40 PM »
In 7th ed, core choices were 3+ with a minimum of 3. 
In 8th ed, core is 25% + of your army

In 7th ed, it only took 5 models in the flank to disrupt and remove rank bonus
In 8th ed, it takes 10 models remaining after combat to disrupt and remove rank bonus.

In 7th ed, 2000 pts was the norm
In 8th ed, 3000 pts is more the norm (more sales with rules changes)

Therefore detachments SHOULD COUNT TOWARD THE 25% CORE REQUIREMENT. This would return the detachment benefit and allow more points to special and rare options

Offline dka721

• Members
Re: Detachment rules change
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 05:40:37 PM »
If detachments were to count towards core then it would also have to take from your special as well if your using detachments with greatswords, otherwise it wouldn't really make sense.  it would be nice seeing detachments count as core since they are taken out of our core choices.

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 02:24:06 AM »
I'd be fine with it either way: if all detachments counted toward Core, or if the detachment was just treated as an upgrade of sorts to the parent unit, thus increasing that unit's cost (and counting toward Special, if we're talking about greatswords).
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 08:05:10 AM »
No, they shouldn't.

I'm not taking detachments, but that's because I don't have the points. I don't need detachments to make my core requirement, as goes for most Imperials.

One horde/bus of swords, one of halberds, 30 flags and some handgunners. That's 875 points. And if you take the HG's as a detachments, you've still got 795.
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra