home

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 177559 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sussex, England
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« on: January 05, 2005, 04:13:31 PM »
Welcome.

If you are new to these forums, this thread is just for you.

It is an opportunity for you to write an introductory post, telling all the other members a bit about yourself.
In turn members who know a bit about you, are obviously in a better position to help you with questions and answers.

Some of the things you might like to consider telling us about are:

How long have you been playing tabletop games?

What games have you played, or do you still play?

What armies and figures do you have?

How and where do you play?

Do you have other interests/hobbies?

....and anything else you might like to share.......

Your Profile, (which you can update at any time.)

Couple of quick points to make.

This is a global site, we have members from all over the world, and it is quite useful to know roughly where you are from.
On the Trading Post board, it can be very frustrating and time wasting if you have to make extra posts to tell someone which country you are in.

We have several members whose first language is not english, and there is the consideration of what I will call 'local terminology': most people in the UK, for example, would know that a 'quid' is an english pound (Ł), probably very few elsewhere in the world will.
Thus if you are responding to a post from Russia or Scandinavia, the USA or Australia, you can select your words more carefully, and vice versa.

Please browse your way around, and make sure you familiarise yourself with the various forums and their intended content.

So again welcome to the site, and we hope you enjoy yourself.

This thread is designed for members to post a personal introduction. Will existing members please refrain from adding comments.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 09:10:43 PM by Midaski »
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Harleqin

• View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 05:56:17 PM »
Wow, I'm the first one to take advantage of this thread? Not bad :)

Well, to get it short rather than a complete biography, I'm 27 years of age and hails from the state of Denmark. And yes... something is rotten here. It's full of powergamers.

I began playing this game back in 1993 where I began by collecting High Elves. This was mainly due to the fact that theit dark brethen didn't have a book yet, while the light version was newly released. I think Empire and Orcs were the only other books out. Dwarfs might have been too.

I stuck with my Elves for many years and then started Vampires about four years ago. I had longed for them since the old version with units of Wraiths and Mummies. I wasn't really happy about them though and sold them off a few months ago. Tomb Kings would have suited me better, but they weren't out at the time.

For the money gotten of my VC I purchased an Empire army. Now I'm working hard at painting up 2000 points and will also need to paint about 500 points of other troops that aren't in my basic roster. Not bad for selling a single army.

So far I've used it twice and has not lost. Record stands at a draw against Ogres and the complete annihilation of an Orc force. I had two proxy games with them though about 2 years ago which yielded a win and a defeat. My list now is much different though.

My Elves are still on the shelf, but mainly gathering dust. Too bad really, but understandable. Let's just keep it at the fact that it's an infantry force. Well, someday they'll be used again. Until then it's all about Empire and a force that has capabilities in all phases of the game unlike my old VC.

Oh, and beware. I'll try not to post unless I have something to add, but I do believe in calling a shovel for a shovel and thus am not too keen on political correctness. Oh, and if I tell you that you're a jerk, then it's nothing personal. I just don't like your internet persona  :wink:
Real men don't use STANKs.

Offline Calvin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CalvinWinter.net
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 03:23:45 AM »
:clap:

Thanks, I was afraid I was going to post an intro, because, you know, I'm new :lol:  :roll:

Nice to meet ya!
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline BAWTRM

• The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 11:25:26 AM »
New and with more than 1100 posts? Why Calvin, either you are a terrible liar or you're the world's most accomplished spammer!  :lol:

Not to let this whole post be a waste I'll introduce myself for the newer members here.

I'm 28 years old and live in the Netherlands.

I've been playing since about 1997 when the 5th Ed. was still around. Got introduced to the game by some friends who liked to roleplay, recognized the Empire figures from the old Battlemasters game I had and used those old minis as a base for an Empire army.
Pity that in 5th Ed taking an Empire army and actually trying to win with just regular Empire troops (no dwarfs, Ogres, Halflings) meant losing a lot.

Not a problem for me as I like a challenge but it was very nice when 6th Ed. came along. I've now got hundreds of  minis for thousands of points and have actually reached the point that I can truly say: "There's not much left to buy."

I also play 40K Orks and BFG Imperials, got a Mordheim Pitfighter gang struggling through the ruins and am seriously contemplating a TK army.
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Clarkarias

• Sarnia, Ontario
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 01:10:01 PM »
I think that older members should post here too so newer members can get to know some of the regulars.  And no, I don't mean a post like Calvin's, I mean one like Bawtrm's.

I'm 22 and live in Ontario, Canada.

I've been playing since Warhammer 1994 when I started using my Hero Quest models (which I started playing back in 1990) to start an Undead army.  After that I went through a cycle of armies, selling old ones to buy new ones (Lizardmen, High elves, Chaos, Lizardmen, Dwarfs).  

I started Empire when it was released in 6th ed.  I liked the fact they had a book out first thing, and that an entire army, decent army, was made of plastics.  It also helped that I had started playing human mercenaries with Mordheim and already had a unit of Free Company.

I now have 3000 points in Lizardmen (half from 5th, half from 6th), 5000 points in Empire, and 2000 points in Chaos Dwarfs.  I also have enough free company and archers to run 2 or 3 Mordheim Mercenary bands.  

I'm thinking of starting Bretonnians and BFG Imperials...and dare I say it..."CHECKERS"!!
Actually, forget Karl-Franz. I want rules for Thyrus Gorman on a dragon. - Rufus Sparkfire

Offline Valp

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005, 02:18:00 PM »
Well, since I place myself amongst the low-posting newcomers I might as well post something here.

I'm a 20 year old Swede. My first encounter with warhammer was about a year or so before the 3rd Edition 40K was released (I think). During that period I was a fledgeling commander of the Blood Angels chapter. But since the economy of me and my friends were shaky at the best it didn't take long until our armies were either sold or gathering dust.
Time went on and I started to play various roleplaying games, which guided me and some friends down the path of LARP:ing and Reenactment. And of course when you suddenly remember all the fun you had when you played warhammer combined with the facts of better economy and a fetisch for the late 15th-16th century there was no other option then to start collecting an army of the Empire. :-D

So now I'm sitting here with roughly 136 models in various stages of painting. Some just needs flocking and some varnish (or simliar product) whilst other models is yet to be removed from their boxes.
I've managed to talk some friends into getting into the hobby and if I'm lucky my army will face the Dark Elves, Bretonnians and possibly Ogres (the last one has changed his mind about what army to play about 6-7times now).

The plans for the future is to finish up my Empire army, getting used to playing larger games, play a few minor tournaments and possibly start a side project (either an all mounted Greenskin army or a Imperial Guard-army).
"By Odins mighty spear! I shall bring darkness and mayhem like a four-year-old on a sugar rampage!"

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005, 03:43:36 PM »
I'm 24 and from Germany, studying media and german literature in Marburg.

I'm your friendly Mr. Knowsitall (or "Mr. Science", as I prefer :p ), always in for a laugh until you say something wrong (at least IMO) and then I slash your abdomen with a jagged and rusty kitchen-knife, pull out your intestine and strangle you with it. Just your average friendly psychopath from next door. :lol:

I started Warhammer and Empire back when the 6th Edition came out, but I was already "following" the story and background of the game for many years (around 1996), because IMO it's one of the best and most "realistic" and "believable" fantasy-worlds there is. I was also playing tabletops before that (40K from around 1993 until 1995, afterwards "Demonworld", where my imperial army was already HEAVILY "influenced" by the WHFB-Empire -> heavily converted, and not to forget all the classic stuff like Hero Quest, Space Crusade etc. long before that).
My fancy for the Empire as an army must come from my interest in real-world-history, especially the middle ages and the rennaisance (that's why my so called "second army" are Bretonnians, I think).

Offline Rik Riorik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2005, 11:23:51 PM »
23 years of age guy from Denmark and living in Sweden since an age of six. Studying Peace and Conflict Science in Malmö, Sweden.

I've been playing 'Hammer for roughly 2,5 years or so now. Started out with Dwarfs. Then after having read the fairly good 'Hammer book Knights of Ulric I was on the lookout for an Empire army. Then I was offered to buy an unassembled army from one of my friends at a dsicount price and lept on the opportunity. An uncurable dwarf player as I am though, I've only managed roughly 5 games or so with this army, most of them actually during the SoC (where I managed to play more games with my Empire than my Dwarfs, go figure).

I mostly play with friends, since people are too stressed out/hysterical at the shops, and I'm an easy going guy who can't really tackle people who're talking in the speed of light and are nervously laughing all the time, whilst proclaiming to have super armies.

I really like the Warhammer universe (both 40K and Fantasy) and duly try and collect as many books as possible that I can get my hands on (money allowing).

5000+pts Dwarfs
3000+pts Slayers of Karak Kadrin
2500+pts of Empire Stirlanders
1000+pts of Chaos Dwarfs
500+pts of Tomb Kings of Khemri
500+pts of Chaos Undivided
and 1000+pts of Warmaster Dwarfs

and then some Epic and 40K stuff too.
For the Graf! For Stirland! For the Empire! We go to protect Ostermark against the foreign invaders!

Offline Polymphus

• Prophet of Mild Unpleasantness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 07:51:07 AM »
youngest guy here! MWAHAHAHA

I'm 14, living in New Zealand, I've been playing for three years and have...

1200pts Necron
500-100pts Empire (much of it in boxes)
800pts Imperial Guard
400pts Tomb Kings
About 5000pts of various stuff from other races (gromilbrand, a khrone lord etc.)
Terrible Tactician, Ponderous Painter, all around Lazy Bugger.

Offline Luthien_81

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2005, 10:27:41 PM »
Hello there.. I am new here.. plsed to meet ya all!! :oops:
My Heart Rests in the Forest......

Offline Midaski

• Sussex, England
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2005, 06:56:55 PM »
When I suggested this thread, we envisaged it just for new members, but going the way BAWTRM and Clarkarias have taken it, I think, is an excellent piece of direction - well done chaps.

So, as I started it, I'd better contribute, even though my very first post was a rather lengthy introduction.
I'm way up the other end of the age scale at 53, with two sons, one's 17 and the other is 16 shortly, and, no, you cannot call me "granddad".
I work in the office supplies industry, mainly selling furniture.

My boys moved from Lego to Warhammer about 7 - 8 years ago, when they started dabbling with DE and Chaos, and I bought the 5th Edition starter box for them (with the Brets and Lizardmen). I dabbled with the Brets and painted a few knights, and made some scenery, and got hooked.

I soon realised the Empire was the army to have, partly because of the imagery, and partly because, like BAWTRM has pointed out, everyone told me it was useless in edition 5 - nothing like a challenge!

I can probably field over 10,000 points of Empire - my 'main army' is Kislev themed, with optional contingent units. I am also building and experimenting with Cult of Ulric/Middenland. I have State Armies from Altdorf, and Averland.
Also around, we can probably field over 3000pts at least of Chaos Mortals, Beastmen, Lizardmen, Brets, Dark Elves and Tomb Kings/Vampire Counts. There's the odd rat, but just for target practice, and I have quite a few Dogs of War units/models, several still in their boxes.
We have a 'dedicated' gaming room 16' x 8' - I converted our garage, and the story is expanded on in an article in the Library called "Family and Fantasy" which also gives you a guide to my sense of humour.  :engel:

Across the road there is another father/son combination that also play, - with Empire, HE, Orcs, and TK, and so we have 5 of us in our little group.
I've just made contact with another group of 5/6 fairly close by and looking forward to some fresh competition.

I did waste a few months trying out Imperial Guard, as my lads went off the rails with Chaos Space Marines and Eldar, but saw the light, and interestingly enough the boys have come back to the 'real world' as well.

I really enjoy the making models/units part most of all, right up to the undercoat, and then the weakness is getting units painted.
Warhammer is my stress relief - disappearing into the gaming room for a while is wonderful.
 :biggriin:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 07:45:28 PM by Midaski »
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Chicks dig moustaches
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2005, 05:41:56 PM »
Guess this is a good way to meet the regulars too!

OK, I'm 22 and from the wind-blasted wetlands of Holland. I got into Warhammer many moons ago when I was but a wee lad, who got "Starquest" for his birthday (also published as "Space Crusade"), which was basically a Space Hulk spin-off for the mainstream game market. A little while later I noticed that a local toyshop sold a monthly magazine called "White Dwarf", which has Starquest minis on the front! Intrigued, I bought one.

Then came a long period of learning. I learned that Starquest was not a stand-alone game as I had assumed - it was indeed part of a vast an wonderfully evocative universe, which opened the way to heaps of cool miniatures and toy soldiering. And I found out there was a Fantasy version as well, with ranks upon ranks of troops in glittering armour marching under splendid banners... The usualy catchy stuff they put on the back of the box worked its magic :-D

Together with good friend and soon-to-be archnemesis Dennis, we bought starter sets for Warhammer. He bought the 4th Ed one - I wanted one too but noticed they weren't being stocked anymore. A few weeks later it turned out that a new 5th edition was around the corner, which I bought as soon as it hit the shelves. Dennis stuck to the greenskins from the 4th Ed. box. the High Elves, Lizardmen, and Bretonnians were sold off, swapped out, or disappeared into bitz boxes while I tried to build up a collection of Empire (enter the old Plastic halberdiers - unipose!).

I got lucky - we met a veteran gamer, who was selling off a heap of stuff he wasn't interested in anymore. I picked up metal halberdiers (who, mixed with the plastics, made a rather nice regiment), a regiment of Reiksguard Knights, a Steam Tank, Karl franz on Griffon, and a couple of Great Cannon for an absolute bargain. I had an army.

5th ed. was an era that those Empire generals who have lived through it recall with horror. The only highlight in those dark years was the release of plastic, multi-part regiment boxes, with which I created another regiment of Halberdiers (who are about to be re-comissioned), and two detachments of Swordsmen (who are now combined into a proper regiment).

6th Ed. was a godsent and my army has grown with leaps and bounds since then. The fact that I got old enough to have serious jobs (rather than packing/unpacking shoes for a token wage) also helped a bunch! My army expanded to include a second regiment of Swordsmen, a regiment of Spearmen, and Free Company detachments all around. A mortar was added to the artillery, and I recruited some better characters, as well as a heap of archers/huntsmen. I also created my first unique unit - a converted company of Knight of the White Wolf, wielding torso-sized axes (taken from discarded plastic Black Orcs) instead of hammers. The cavalry was expanded with a unit of Pistoliers and DoW Light Cav, both of which were converted, then topped off with a Pegasus Captain a few months after I found Warhammer-Empire.com.

On the painting table now are a completely new Free Company complement (only fifty more to go... dum de dum), extra troops for both of my Swordsmen regiments, new cannon, a couple of five-strong "Vanilla" knight units, and a twenty-strong all-plastic converted Greatswords regiment which I hope will be the piece de résistance of the entire army. Then it's on to an upgrade of the army's paintjob as a whole - I'm adding shades, highlights and eyes to about 200 miniatures so don't be surprised if I'm not entirely coherent over the coming six months or so. I also ordered a couple of sheets of ImperialForge's beautiful decals, so the Swordsmen and Spearmen are getting new shields and banners. I have very high hopes for this project and I'll try and put up pictures as and when I can.

Still here? :)

Dennis and I have remained friends and regular opponents through the years. We usually battle in his parents' garage, which means our autumn and spring battles are rather trying, and winter is painting season. There's a pretty good game store in town these days which has an in-house gaming area, and there's often a tournament worth attending somewhere nearby. The demands of university, relocation, and better halves have taken up much precious hobby time, but with a bit of effort there's always a few hours to pry free somewhere!

Cheers,

--GH
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Rik Riorik

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2005, 12:45:43 PM »
I'd just like to make clear that I have absolutely no idea why I was quoting myself there, or indeed have any recollection of even writing a second post in this thread (seeing as there would obviously be no need for it).
For the Graf! For Stirland! For the Empire! We go to protect Ostermark against the foreign invaders!

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Chicks dig moustaches
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2005, 12:46:59 PM »
Probably a forum goof. I took out the double posts for you.
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Gwaihir

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2005, 08:13:14 PM »
I am 13 and am still going to middle school in Virginia, in the US. Ive "played" warhammer for a few years now, though I recently have gotten into the actual playing and learning of the rules.I have roughly 1500 points of Empire, and in between 500 and 1000 points of Wood Elves.
I play many sports, which are the basis of my life  :wink:, including basketball, football(American),swimming, and lacrosse.
<Tactician>

Cause I dont ever wanna leave a game without at least sayin goodbye.

Offline Polymphus

• Prophet of Mild Unpleasantness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2005, 08:29:58 PM »
damb! I want to be the youngest :cry:
Terrible Tactician, Ponderous Painter, all around Lazy Bugger.

Offline Reddawn

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2005, 09:05:32 PM »
Hello fellow comrades in arms.

I am 32 years old and have been playing Fantasy for a year now. It started as a gift last Cristmas, for my son. But it was I who was drawn into it... :oops:

I play mostly Empire, My wife paint HE, and my son have a bunch of greenskins.

I Have 3 Empire armys... :? Nuel,Middenland and Talabheim.

Until now I have not played that mutch, mostly becouse of my job.
I am a member of a gaming club in Denmark where we meeet a couple a times a week.

I lose more than I win, But I hope that will soon change
 :-D
War aint 2 die for your country, but make your enemy die for his.

Offline wissenlander

• The original Graf of Brennenburg
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2005, 09:22:15 PM »
I'm 21 and live in Northern Virginia and soon graduating from college.  Hoping to continue on with my education however, but taking some time off.

I found out about Warhammer through Battlemasters.  I started off with High Elves, but didn't stay with them too long and then went with the Empire.  I was extremely close to selling my army at one point because I couldn't find opponents and then my cousin got into it.  I'm still on the look out for other opponents because I've got his tactics down pat.   So at the moment I'm mostly developing army background more than anything else.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline AldebrandLudenhof

• London, UK
    • View Profile
    • Hammer and Anvil
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2005, 10:43:57 PM »
Oh we're all replying?

I'm from London, doing A-levels at the moment, presently on course to do fine art at either Oxford (Ruskin College) or UCL (Slade) after school, before becoming a professional artist. I've played Empire about as long as this edition's been out. I play Hochland Empire, to much success, particularly versus chaos. My entry to the online world was via a the GW boards, and via CoL I have risen to admin posts on both H&A and the Temple. I don't really play much these days, but draw from a lot of past experience. Nowadays I really just write rules and crtique other people's rules and fluff, besides leading the Nippon project (hence the afforementioned sites).

Offline Eat Lead

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2005, 12:44:35 AM »
Hi I'm Graham.
I'm a student at the University of Bath but I still find time for a bit of painting (even during exam time!)
At the moment I have a vast Empire collection of about 6000points including special characters! I started Warhammer about 7 or 8 years ago when I collected Skaven then Empire. For a while I started building up a force of Wood Elves but am now back to the glorious Empire.
I havent played any games recently and not any from the 6th edition but I have found the painting and modelling quite relaxing, even though I am not very good!
I say a about 6000points these are, in no particular order:
About 30 Knights including Grandmasters of Knights panther and White Wolves
5 converted pistoliers
50+ handgunners
30+ archers and crossbows
16 spearmen
16 swordsmen
18 halberdiers
20 free company
2 cannons
2 mortars
helblaster
steam tank( old one)
Karl Franz on Griffon
Balthasar Gelt on Pegasus
Volkmar the Grim
mounted BSB
mounted battle wizard

Well thats my introducton, hope to get to know you all in due time.
"I'm only going to use this bed for sleeping, eating and possibly building a little fort."

Offline AshAxe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2005, 11:50:39 AM »
Hello,

I am 35 years old, married and have a 9 year old daughter.  My first experience with miniature gaming happened while I was stationed in Berlin, Germany (US Army) in 1994.  A couple of guys in the barracks played 40K and tried to get me into it.  Although I enjoyed painting some of their models,  I had a new city and country to explore so the “addictive aspect” of the hobby never took hold.

Fast forward 10 years to November 2004.  My wife and I, while Christmas shopping in a Kansas City mall, just happened to walk by a hobby store (Rogue Trader).  Needing a break from purse holding and saying, “Yes dear, that looks really good on you,” I went in.  After leafing through some army books, I thought this would be fun and so I bought the Empire book,  a wizard blister pack, and some paints.  I enjoyed painting those 2 models so much that I asked for the Warhammer Boxed Game for Christmas.  Now I have 1000 points nearly all of them painted.  That “addictive aspect” I mentioned earlier has definitely taken hold.

My first game  was a horrible experience witch I have talked about in another post.  Currently, I am trying to start my own gaming group.  So far I have recruited one other and we will have our first game in a couple of weeks.

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2005, 11:10:52 PM »
Hello.

I'm 17 years old, and I've been playing warhammer for about two years now.  I've played an Empire army since the beginning, and as you probably guessed it, it is a Nuln army.  It includes (rarely) a steam tank that I am currently attempting to convert into the Deliverance, and I could probably muster a 3500pt force if I had to.  My friends play VC, OK, and Cult of Slaanesh.
"I don't play a lot of games in slaughterhouses, so I don't know the ruling on that one." - Rufus Sparkfire

Offline Rob99

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2005, 05:15:56 AM »
My name is Rob I live in Utah USA. I am varry new to warhammer .I have only played 2 games. lost bolth. I have about 1000 points.
locked and loaded and ready for trouble

Offline Josef Winterson

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2005, 05:11:41 PM »
hi im adam i live in nottingahm (wooh GW HQ)
and also play chaos dwarfs abnd dwarfs
The fop

Offline Vann Harl

• Wolf Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2005, 10:33:33 AM »
Howsit!
My name is Colin and I currently live in Durban, South Africa. Yes we do have electricity no we dont have wild animals roaming around town, well at least not where I stay (not counting the vervit monkeys)

I'm quite new to WH (5months) immediately chose empire i have 2500 points of a Middenland army, I havent painted or modled for 10 years, previously my hobby included plastic aircraft kits. so this was new and challenging, dare say i have done a fair job with some tuetogen gaurd and recently picked up a first place in my club for painting a warrior priest
(hang on do you hear it? .. yup he's blowing his own trumpet again)

After dabling in BDM, BDR and Rapid fire american civil war I found a small club at a local hobby shop, most of the players have both a WHF and a 40K army. of the Fantasy players, only the shop organiser has empire the rest are all, TK, VC, DE, LM, Caos ... basically anything that frightens mortal men to death.

Runaway! runaway! any monty python addicts?

Does anyone else here have trouble explaining to people that they play with "toy soldiers" as a hobby? they just look at me funny.

And who else thinks that movies like, Troy, Arthur and Alexander are travesties of history, have bad acting, poor movie making and for the most part are completely historicaly inaccurate? (rant rant rant)

"let the die be cast" - Jullius Ceaser, on crossing the Rubicon
Grand Writing Competition winning entry;
"I was there! With the Men of Erlach!"

"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious"
- Oscar Wilde