home

Author Topic: Kislev smiles.......  (Read 4606 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Kislev smiles.......
« on: August 18, 2005, 05:04:32 PM »
Knyaz Makari smiled to himself - the latest despatches from his scouts confirmed his belief that Graf Martin may well be a brave fighter, but he was an idiot tactically.

He had heard rumours that a Steam Tank was coming from the capital, 'arranged' by Sigmarite pleadings and intervention, as no doubt the Grand Theogonist had come to the same conclusion as he had about Martin's tactical ability.

He was surprised Martin's advisors had not counselled him better - at least his Middenland Allies realised the 'limitations' of their nominal leader, and kept him well away from the strategy and planning tables.

The Grand Theogonist had obviously reacted to the first disaster to befall the Stirland advance when they were repelled at Fort Grigory, and subsequently crushed at the Uneasy Watchman and sent the Tank to help
the Graf retake the Watchman.

Martin's obvious excitement at the news of the imminent arrival of the Tank had obliterated the fact that the most pressing disaster facing his ambitions was the imminent loss of Udo's Fall.
The Talabeclanders had pressed hard there and were well on their way to taking control - a result that would suit the Kislev / Middenland alliance admirably - as once again Stirland troops would be denied a safe route to Bechafen for an even longer period.

So lost in their blind frenzy to retake the Watchman, he imagined the Talabeclanders were also smiling - nay probably laughing as they waited for the Stirland counter attack that had not materialized.

He knew that the Ottilia had risked moving troops to harass his fort at Kaltenbach, and he knew they might be hard pressed there, but he still smiled...................

He knew that the Tank was not exactly reliable, and some time soon Stirland would lose the bonus support they were receiving from the Theogonist.
Rumour was already circulating from the Middenland hierarchy that Kurt III had discreetly contacted the Ar Ulric to try to salvage something from Martin's incompetence.

He smiled also at the Talabecland attacks - Gernot was a very able general, probably his most dangerous foe, but he also knew that the Talabeclanders were stretched greatly to fight on two fronts, and although their assault on Kaltenbach had been predictable, he had been somewhat surprised at the timing.
Gernot was not usually a man to risk dividing his forces - he had expected the Marshall to make certain he utterly crushed the Stirlanders at Udo's Fall, and send them packing back to Hohleburg to lick their wounds.

Makari had, in truth, expected to see Udo's Fall won, and well defended and fortified, before Gernot then turned in strength to contest Bechafen.

He smiled again, and he was supposed to be the reckless one, - the Graf was a poor strategist who seemed to react to the whims of the moment, and had no decent counsel, and Gernot, the most ablest of tacticians, was probably finding his strategy and plans countermanded - and only the Ottilia had the power for that................

The Knyaz turned to look at the nubile maidens either side of him in his bed...............
- he smiled again.......
 - silently thanking Dhaz, Ulric and Taal and any other gods out there for the actions of an attention seeking idiot, and the manic rantings of a conceited witch..............
 :wink:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
Kislev smiles.......
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 05:26:34 PM »
Ulric calls his faithfull to his miracle in Kaltenbach. The noble Ottilians will witness the miracle and let Ulric lead them to victory in Bechafen. Let the blind Middenlanders and their drunken Kislevite allies turn their backs on Ulirc's call. They shall turning their backs running away when the mission of Kaltenbach is liberated by the Ottilia.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
Kislev smiles.......
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 06:15:13 PM »
Turning from Ulric's call to nubile maidens, Midaski? What next, Slaaneshi covens with pictures of Talabelcand soldiers taking Kaltenbach? You have definetly gone the way of the heretic, and there can be no redemption for the likes of you. For the God-Emper- I mean, for Ulric!!(I kinda sounded like an Inquisitor there though, huh?)
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Kislev smiles.......
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 07:19:06 PM »
Some people are so naive -

- and act exactly as predicted, reading the words, but not understanding the meaning...............

- no wonder "he smiles".

Kislevites do not worship Ulric very much - any fool knows that.

and what else do we have - Talabeclanders behaving recklessly just like the Stirlanders - I thought you lot were cleverer than that :roll:

Obviously Makari gave Gernot more credit than he deserved...... :wink:

.........and now I understand why our faction has done so well so far with so few results, we're fighting the gung-ho brigades who think 'tactics' are a sort of sweet in small plastic boxes.

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
Kislev smiles.......
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 08:32:10 PM »
Quote from: Midaski
.........and now I understand why our faction has done so well so far with so few results, we're fighting the gung-ho brigades who think 'tactics' are a sort of sweet in small plastic boxes.

I'm using that at the next gamig session. That's rich...
Larry: WOW! Three sixes in a row!
[Elsewhere]
Darth Vader: I feel a disturbance in the force...

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Kislev smiles.......
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 08:59:06 PM »
Quote from: jmanwarhammer

I'm using that at the next gaming session. That's rich...

I wasn't sure how many non-UK people would understand that word play?
Are Tic-Tacs a universally recognised sweet?

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
Kislev smiles.......
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 09:02:07 PM »
Undoubtedly sir! It was I who was suprised to know that non-Americans knew of them. I guess I always assumed them to be U.S. in origin.
Larry: WOW! Three sixes in a row!
[Elsewhere]
Darth Vader: I feel a disturbance in the force...

Offline xnet445

• Members
Kislev smiles.......
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005, 09:23:25 PM »
Midaski, your propaganda is beautifully written

Bravo!!!   :clap::clap::clap:

While I enjoy your prose, I detect a desperate need to distract and deceive behind them. Have you realized how fragile and untenable your faction's position is? That it is only a matter of time before you go down in blood and defeat? Now that your erstwhile allies have turned on you, are you feeling cornered?

My lads have Kislevite topnots hanging as trophies from their banners, and will soon have white wolf pelts to cover their saddles. Thus always to unbelievers.
Quote from: sawgunner101
(these rumors are) like getting a free candy bar, but only if you let somebody kick you in the nuts first.
[/quote

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Kislev smiles.......
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 09:52:19 PM »
Quote from: xnet445
Midaski, your propaganda is beautifully written

Propaganda :?:  I thought it was Logic :roll:

How can taking TWO turns, at least, to control the Watchman, be sensible over ONE turn to recapture Udo's Fall.

I suppose Massacre Man must be on the ruling council - offer him 25% modifier to attack Altdorf and he'd be halfway across the Reikland by breakfast time.

Seriously I am trying to help - the Campaign will be no fun if there are only 2 factions left next week.........
 :shock:

Offline Kernschatten

• Members
Kislev smiles.......
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 09:59:26 PM »
Quote from: jmanwarhammer
It was I who was suprised to know that non-Americans knew of them. I guess I always assumed them to be U.S. in origin.

They are manufactured by Ferrero, an Italian company. (Well, by FerreroUSA, here in the states.)
"We finally really did it. You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you. God damn you all to hell."

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Kislev smiles.......
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 09:59:37 PM »
I wasn't sure how many non-UK people would understand that word play?
Are Tic-Tacs a universally recognised sweet?

Yep, we even have them here in Belgium.

Oh, and Midaski: well, your logic is a bit flawed. The Stirlanders have a lot more points to gain at Udo's than at the Watchman, where they get a positive modifier to boost.

But, as said above, beautifully written. :)
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
Kislev smiles.......
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 10:03:40 PM »
Tic-Tacs have the most horrible TV commercial in the Netherlands. Judging by the bad lip sync, it's probably used in a thousand other countries as well. Too bad, because these days the commercials are generally the best thing on TV anyway... Though I never tire of Seinfeld re-runs :)

But enough about Dutch TV. I, too, shall store that play of words for future use.
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Kislev smiles.......
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 10:08:40 PM »
Quote from: cisse

The Stirlanders have a lot more points to gain at Udo's than at the Watchman, where they get a positive modifier to boost.

With Massacre Man earning 1600 points a day - the difference is 3 of his battles -

I'm sorry cisse you just do not want them to win back Udo's.

The point is that currently they are contesting Udo's and we have control of the Watchman.
Next Round - You will have control of Udo's, and The Watchman will be contested.........
What's the difference - they still will not be able to access Bechafen :!:

..........and of course next round it will be our turn for the modifiers - Stirland have had TWO rounds on the trot with modifiers help because they are making such a mess of things ............
....this is their last chance, and they're still doing the exact opposite of common sense ............

Why is it that everyone else knows they HAVE to win back Udo's this round to have any chance left................

Edit: after General H's post - maybe we should have a
 "Best quotes of the Campaign" thread/archive.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Kislev smiles.......
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 10:22:42 PM »
I'm sorry cisse you just do not want them to win back Udo's.

The point is that currently they are contesting Udo's and we have control of the Watchman.
Next Round - You will have control of Udo's, and The Watchman will be contested.........
What's the difference - they still will not be able to access Bechafen

Off course I don't want that. :wink:

But, if "Massacre Man" post his battles at Udo's, the Stirlanders have just lost 1000 points (well, five times 25% of 800) in general. It's best to attack while the special modifier lasts, it will not last forever.

Anyway, if we look at the total amount of points posted by the three factions in the previous round, Stirland is by far the strongest contestant. If we lose too much energy fighting at Kaltenbach, they have a good chance of taking Udo's back and contesting the Watchman ( :!: ).
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Kislev smiles.......
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005, 10:34:32 AM »
Quote from: cisse

Anyway, if we look at the total amount of points posted by the three factions in the previous round, Stirland is by far the strongest contestant. If we lose too much energy fighting at Kaltenbach, they have a good chance of taking Udo's back and contesting the Watchman ( :!: ).

Careful - we'll get accused of an alliance :wink:

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
Kislev smiles.......
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2005, 12:18:15 PM »
Let the faithfull see the miracle then, further your aims at the watchmen, allow us the victory at Kaltenbach, free us up to take the fall and pin Stirland in.

This weekend will be a turning point as 12 games will be posted for 1 days fighting. glory to the Ottilia!
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Kislev smiles.......
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2005, 12:51:33 PM »
Makari smiled again.................

The Talabeclander's attempt at negotiation amused him greatly, and he allowed the enemy some respect.............

.............especially as he was so quick to see the malignant use of flying chickens and mini-giants................... :wink:

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
Kislev smiles.......
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2005, 05:32:22 PM »

Careful - we'll get accused of an alliance :wink:

We don't have one? :shock:
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Kislev smiles.......
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2005, 12:35:10 AM »
Fr!day - your Maths confuses me.

Sunday may have produced 6 - but Donnachaidh's had to drop out. However my mate is playing Talabecland so we could still get 6 battles Empire v Empire - but who will play the pretty HE's?

My son will make 8 with his DE, but that will effect an all Empire show.

I assume you are getting a warm up against rufus and/or Biggs on Saturday [ wow today - I am up late]

Unfortunately tho' round 4 looks like it will close before our Sunday battles.

Have you saved enough points for Udo's - Stirland have the Watchman contested - we cannot catch them, and they still have a lot of battles possibly up their sleeves.

Offline episteme

• Members
Kislev smiles.......
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2005, 10:55:31 AM »
Midaski, everyone knows that the only reason Middenland are on top at the moment is the fact they recieved a 100% :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  modifier in the first round. But it looks like you've now lost the Watchman. Without the mods. scratching your back you've got nothing and your soon to be destroyed. Don't worry I'll spare you the shame of being obliterated by Stirland and Massacre Man and we'll do it for you!
Te morturi Salutant