home

Author Topic: Final Charge of the Reiksgaurd part 3  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Helborg

• Members
Final Charge of the Reiksgaurd part 3
« on: July 27, 2007, 07:49:54 PM »
Sorry it took so long but there hasn't been much more action at my school's club.

Chapter 3

A night to remember

Kurt Helborg was dead. Or he may of well have been, instead of being killed he was taken as a slave by the horrid orcs. Grimgor Ironhide decided that he would be a great gift to his new companion. Who is his new companion his mind stretched to the very dawn of the empire thinking of an orc he would try to resurrect with his twisted and crude version of necromancy he wondered who it would be. But Grimgor did not raise the dead instead he summoned a creature who was already alive he summoned Mannfred von Carstein the twisted vampire had gone through years of killing and regaining his strength readying himself for this moment but he did not come alone he had somehow resurrected Vlad and Konrad von Carstein and they were ready to take revenge on the nation that had destroyed them. Vlad walked up to Kurt and got ready to feast on his blood to finally feel what it was like again but his moment of joy was ruined with one sentence “The white wolves ride! The white wolves ride!” Vlad could remember the very man who had killed him one on the battlefield, he may have taken vengeance but his wound would never heal. Jerek Kruger had broken free of his vampirism a long time ago making him free of Vlad’s dominion over him, and now his descendant had come to exact revenge upon the old vampire.
   Fredrik Kruger was ready to kill, his hammer outstretched in front of him ready to kill the damned dead that had taken many lives in the last vampire wars he knew what had happened last war and he would never risk another one starting “Men” he screamed “We have come here to stamp out all evil in this world, to end this war before it begins, we can save millions of lives in this single attack! Men don’t do it for yourselves, don’t do it for me, don’t do it for the Empire, do it for your families, every creature you let live increases the chance of your family dieing. Now men who’s ready to kill” “ULRIC!” the cry went up “ULRIC! ULRIC! ULRIC!” The men where ready the men were a giant war machine that couldn’t be killed. “The white wolves ride” one of them screamed “The white wolves ride” the entire army screamed. The men weren’t scared of death because they knew they would be at Ulric’s side in the afterlife. They were unstoppable.
   CRASH sounded Fredrick’s hammer on Vlad’s face giving Kurt a chance to grab his runefang and mount his steed. “For the Empire” he screamed throwing himself into the abyss. The fighting went on for 12 hours and where the men grew tired the dead continued to fight, but still the men fought on without fear or terror to them death was only a game but they knew they had responsibilities they could not throw their lives away here and leave Middenland unprotected. On the horizon came and army of dire wolves more deadly than what the eye could see Kruger knew he had to retreat "Fall back" he shouted "Back to Middenland"
    Vlad knew his army had won together with the orcs he would take the entire Empire then he would kill Grimgor Ironhide and rule the Empire by himself. “Retreat” he could hear the white wolves shouting “Retreat to Middenland” Laughing as he cut down the last knight in his sight he celebrated his victory in all his glory.
   The road back to Altdorf was hell for Kurt he could see his knights raised from the dead trying to kill him. He could see his champion using his standard to kill any remaining reiksgaurd. No general deserved this type of punishment. He rode with all haste to Altdorf and told the Emperor Karl Franz what had happened Karl was not angry but he could see that Kurt was beating himself up over it he tried to convince him to calm down but to no avail.
   Kurt could not stand it anymore he rode straight through Altdorf entered his empty chapter house, closed the door and buried his head in his hands. 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 10:25:20 AM by Helborg »
i should really pull my trousers up now.  :icon_eek:

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
Re: Final Charge of the Reiksgaurd part 3
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 08:08:00 AM »
and buried his hands in his head.
That sounds painful.

(Swap head and hands)

Not bad. Easy to follow, but would benefit being attached to parts 1 and 2. Forget about Threadomancy, with stories, it takes a bit to write them...
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 10:29:35 PM »
Forget about Threadomancy
:Ohmy:   :Ohmy:   :Ohmy:

Well, you heard to mod!  :roll:

Cool story  :-D
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline Helborg

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 10:30:15 AM »
Yay glad some of you liked it it will be about 2-3 weeks before I can report on the rest of the campaign due to holidays (we do this at school you see and we forgot to exchange details) but I'm in for some trouble so don't expect much of the imperial victory part 4 will be determaned by a battle between 3000pts brets led by Kurt and Volkmar and 5000pts orc and vampires led by Vlad and Grimgor :cry:. But if I manage to kill the leaders the rest of the army will crumble :biggriin: (part of the special rules we are doing). So watch out for part 4 with our brillinant and undecided conclusion :icon_exclaim:

Sanj
i should really pull my trousers up now.  :icon_eek: