home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 526790 times)

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2010, 08:58:22 AM »
A bit of history about me.  I suffer from migraines.  That being said I usually get 2-3 a week

:icon_eek:

If every one of them is as bad as the ones I get, I wouldn't want to swap with you for a million dollars.

Offline Auberoun

• Members
  • Moguling the crap out of life.
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2010, 09:12:08 AM »

:icon_eek:

If every one of them is as bad as the ones I get, I wouldn't want to swap with you for a million dollars.

I would  I could use a million dollars   :happy:
The world you believe is reality is a puppet show!

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2010, 10:23:22 AM »
I have a headache.  :eusa_wall:

Try pinching the "palm" of your hand between your index finger and thumb.  It is a pressure point that tends to work for me for a short time.  It will releive some of the pain for a little while at least.

Yeah, I get Migraines a few times a month, and usually I can self-medicate them away. It's just that the only non-prescription pain-killer that even remotely works is Advil, and I don't have it here at work. This was just a normal headache though, so I was able to take some tylenol and now I'm feeling awesome!  :happy:
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Auberoun

• Members
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2010, 12:40:49 PM »
Sweet

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2010, 07:18:16 PM »
I used to get horrible migraines, and haven't since I started an allergy regimen. I would look into what causes them if I were you.

That said, what did the most good for me was mental exercises, like imagining the pain draining out of a pipe or somesuch. I don't know why, but if I was just lying there in excruciating pain it helped a lot.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Auberoun

• Members
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2010, 10:09:46 PM »
I have found peppermint and deep breathing help.  Unless it is really bad, then the only thing that helps is sleep.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2010, 10:15:06 PM »
Agreed there. That was the only thing that could make mine go away for the rest of the day.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2010, 12:37:25 AM »
I'm debating whether or not to fill all of you in on my brother's Saga of the past two months.  some pretty unhappy thoughts... whaddaya figure big time?

"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline Auberoun

• Members
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2010, 04:01:32 AM »
I would talk to your brother first, and see if he is ok with you relaying that information to all of us "freindly" strangers on the forums here.  If he says ok, go for it.  It is always good to vent. 

I look at this thread kinda like the blues it is good to hear/sing when you feel down, and makes you feel better.

Offline Big Time

• Members
  • Resident alcoholist
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2010, 06:31:41 PM »
This is like living in the Twilight Zone:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/24/us/24abramoff.html

I'm debating whether or not to fill all of you in on my brother's Saga of the past two months.  some pretty unhappy thoughts... whaddaya figure big time?

I don't know, it's pretty intense. Even for the Back Table. I'd leave it out, personally.
Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
-Oscar Wilde

Offline Auberoun

• Members
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2010, 01:40:27 AM »
Bummed out - wife has been treating me like sh*t all night, and is constantly mad at me.

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2010, 01:59:02 AM »
Bummed out - wife has been treating me like sh*t all night, and is constantly mad at me.

Check the calander.  Either you forgot something   :icon_eek: or the rose is blooming   ::heretic::
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2010, 03:03:52 AM »
ouch man Auberoun, you just can't win at the moment can you.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2010, 03:58:23 AM »
This is like living in the Twilight Zone:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/24/us/24abramoff.html

I don't know, it's pretty intense. Even for the Back Table. I'd leave it out, personally.

After a bit of retrospect I think I'll take your advice, Things seem to be progessing well on all fronts however for him and the family, and as for the, umm other things they are going along just nicely too.  It's good to have friends.

on a slightly different tangent, during the move from Edm. to Victoria, Jason's moving semi tractor was involved in an accident in Kelowna, it seems some twit in a pickup truck couldn't wait 7 seconds for the semi to go through an intersection first at a light and cut it off.  This caused the semi and B train trailers to swerve clipping the truck and careening into another 2 vehicles rolling sideways into the median and catching fire with a car trapped underneath one of the trailers. 

Jas and the rest of the family were already on the island and had been for 3 days.  The driver of the truck is being charged criminally for negligent driving causing death, (poor unfortunate guy in the car under the trailer) among several other things.  Alcohol seems to have been involved.

his unit destination issues seem also to have been resolved favourably too, and the injuries from the IED have completely healed.

"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

Offline Auberoun

• Members
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2010, 04:16:58 AM »

Check the calander.  Either you forgot something   :icon_eek: or the rose is blooming   ::heretic::.

She has been sick lately...and the rose isn't blooming....so....  if I jump to conclusions, I may be a papa again soon

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2010, 04:43:13 AM »
injuries from IED have healed?!
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2010, 12:20:29 AM »
injuries from IED have healed?!

yes on the 11th of April Jason's section was out hunting for bad guys.   They were moving forward into an incompletely patrolled new zone, and while Jason and a few others in his section were crouched behind heavy cover private Todd advanced only to be detonated by an antitank IED less than 10 feet from where Jason was hunkered down behind an earthen wall with 2 others from his section.  At that distance the explosion didn't register so much as a sound as a physical force which passed through all 3 men causing several soft tissue injuries from the hydrostatic shockwave.  Private Todd meanwhile simply vanished, the IED explosion bathing everybody within about 100 meters in itty bitty bits of Tyler.  Jason's reaction?  Anger and vengeance.  Coupled very tighly to, holy shit do I ever fucking well hurt like pure hell right now.   For those who want specifics the IED was another of the Taliban antitank specials, which was a 6 pack of russian 155mm class howitzer rounds series wired to each other set underneath about 300 gallons of HME ammonia nitrate fuel oil mixture.  Detonated with a cell phone, low tech indeed, hah.  It's amazing the amount of damage that can be absorbed by 6 feet of clay mud wall.  Oh yeah they were in the Dand district of the Panjwai.

Jas meanwhile has no PTSD except that he wants to go back in the worst way, but has the sense of a vet to know he has to be ready first.  And some other things locally have to be resolved before he leaves the country again.  umm stuff happened while he was away that makes all of the above fade to insignificance. 

"DEfighter wrote:

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2010, 01:37:19 AM »
I won't go into the "stuff" but I guess I have a sneaking suspicion - to which I hope I'm just playing to a cliche and not the truth.

But that sucks about Pvt. Todd and I'm really glad your brother was "ok" or at least will recover without any physical complications.

Offline Auberoun

• Members
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2010, 06:04:41 AM »
Not to demean anyone else's problems by any means...as this is on a lighter note

Our landlord sent us an email stating that he would not extend the lease.  (Which ends in 2 weeks.)  So, by US law, he has to give us at least 30 days notice.  So we have to try and find a new place...fun

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2010, 09:56:00 AM »
See, this thread is fun....

A great way to discuss and vent frustrations.   :closed-eyes:

I dont think this is fun anymore... :/
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline Auberoun

• Members
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2010, 12:05:03 PM »
random unhappy thought = sweaty buttcrack

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2010, 10:54:40 PM »
random unhappy thought = sweaty buttcrack

Not as sweaty as mine! Ummmmm ....  :unsure:
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Auberoun

• Members
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2010, 03:03:43 AM »
 :ph34r:  doh!

unhappy thought = smurfs movie plot being an "Enchanted" rip-off 

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2010, 04:37:14 AM »
yeah anytime I feel like slacking off or bitching about having a crappy day I just think about the day my brother took a blood bath in one of his close friends and co workers and I almost lost him permanently.  I helps to keep me from being too self indulgently stupid taking for granted all the great things in my life that I myself didn't have to ensure.

and that is a happy thought, even if it is also a slap upside the metaphorical head.
"DEfighter wrote:

Offline Auberoun

• Members
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2010, 10:03:25 AM »
yeah anytime I feel like slacking off or bitching about having a crappy day I just think about the day my brother took a blood bath in one of his close friends and co workers and I almost lost him permanently.  I helps to keep me from being too self indulgently stupid taking for granted all the great things in my life that I myself didn't have to ensure.

and that is a happy thought, even if it is also a slap upside the metaphorical head.

Life is full of unfortunate circumstances such as these.  Surviving them is what helps define our character, and helps us become stronger in the long run.