home

Author Topic: ebay makes me laugh (my ongoing eBay mockery thread)  (Read 141312 times)

Offline Crimsonsphinx

• Members
  • A mind without purpose walks in dark places
    • marcwalpole
Re: ebay makes me laugh (my ongoing eBay mockery thread)
« Reply #375 on: March 25, 2011, 02:26:35 PM »
Your probably right ZeroTwentythree.   Seems to happen to me all the time when I sell things, as I explained earlier.  Serves you right for being honest!   :eusa_wall:

Of course the other explanation is that some people are idiots spending huge sums on things and you dont get them bidding on your item....
Stare into the Abyss and the Abyss stares back.

Visit my 40k blog http://2plusdispel.blogspot.com/ updated four or more times a month and offers painting advice and gaming advice for warhammer 40,000

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #376 on: March 25, 2011, 05:36:48 PM »
I've had that happen to me. Your best bet is to doublecheck and make sure there aren't lots of your item listed when you post your items. The more that are there, the less likely you are to get a good price for it. Unless its something OOP, rare, and desirable. Then you'll almost always get people going into bidding wars on stuff, especially if it starts with a lower starting bid. Of course you take a chance of it only selling at the starting bid by doing that. I've never really seen it happen on rare, OOP, and in demand stuff though.
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #377 on: March 25, 2011, 09:03:33 PM »
Well Midas went for £51.00 in the end and Belladonna .... well .......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160559538362&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

:engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Marek

• Members
  • Pig Tickler
« Reply #378 on: March 25, 2011, 09:10:23 PM »
Well I was until I remembered I nicked the Yadoshi out of my spare untouched box to do a swap with Marek

What is £51 compared to my happiness?

Plus, it leaves you in credit with the Bank of Marek when you get round to posting your 'wants list'.  :smile2:

Ebay scares me, partly because I'm firmly convinced:
a: people are stupid,
b: lots of people have too much money, and
c: my home and contents insurance is inadequate.
Cheer up, could be worse.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #379 on: March 25, 2011, 09:21:26 PM »
What is £51 compared to my happiness?

c: my home and contents insurance is inadequate.

I do not begrudge you it for one second - I have had much more than mere money in my trading with you.

and our house insurance is due in about two weeks, and I am going to put in some provision for my models this time round.

I've probably got over a 100 mordheim metals, let alone all the DoW, before we even get to my Empire stuff.
I did a headcount through the Empire Collectors guide over the last weekend - it's frightening.

:engel:

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #380 on: March 25, 2011, 09:24:33 PM »
Ebay makes me mad I wasn't able to buy more stuff when I was first playing.

Chaos Dwarfs for example.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #381 on: March 28, 2011, 10:13:08 AM »
Starter edition scenery from the Bret / Liz edition

Cardboard tower and shed (seperatly)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Warhammer-Chaos-Empire-Scenery-Outpost-/310246281668?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item483c1e91c4
http://cgi.ebay.com/Warhammer-Chaos-Empire-Scenery-Hut-/310246281734?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item483c1e9206

To me these sells are just to silly to mention.. I'll track them and if they actually sell I'll put mine up for sale aswell..
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #382 on: March 28, 2011, 10:54:11 AM »
And that tower is seriously wonky!

I'll just hold onto mine. In 20 years time they'll be absolute collectors items!! :icon_razz:
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

• Members
« Reply #383 on: March 28, 2011, 10:59:51 AM »
I am actually missing the house.. though that one was the first with me that took a beating and got destroyed..

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #384 on: March 28, 2011, 03:18:32 PM »
Well that 'hut' was actually an outhouse or 'lean-to' of the real bigger house that also came with the set.

There should be some tabs on it to connect to the larger house.

War Wagon went for £62.00 today - the prices are going up ..........  :engel:

• Members
« Reply #385 on: March 28, 2011, 06:09:05 PM »
Well that 'hut' was actually an outhouse or 'lean-to' of the real bigger house that also came with the set.

There should be some tabs on it to connect to the larger house.

War Wagon went for £62.00 today - the prices are going up ..........  :engel:

There was a bigger hous yes, but it had it's own little side house.. this shed was seperate. It contained 3 constructions, the house with the little excrement, the shed and the tower.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #386 on: March 28, 2011, 06:26:02 PM »
Are you saying that Midaski don't know jakes about old models?

Pun quota fulfilled. Yeah, it was obscure.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #387 on: March 28, 2011, 07:37:31 PM »
[There was a bigger hous yes, but it had it's own little side house.. this shed was seperate.
It contained 3 constructions, the house with the little excrement, the shed and the tower.

You may well be right - I bow to your superior knowledge.

I had them made and sitting on a shelf in my gaming room for many years - they probably made a gaming table twice if they were lucky, and the last time was a long long time ago, and they were such an embarrassment they were thrown away several years ago ........  :eusa_clap:

.......... and there are several things I know "Mr Jack S." about, luckily none of them are important .......  :closed-eyes:

• Members
« Reply #388 on: March 28, 2011, 08:56:07 PM »
[There was a bigger hous yes, but it had it's own little side house.. this shed was seperate.
It contained 3 constructions, the house with the little excrement, the shed and the tower.

You may well be right - I bow to your superior knowledge.

I had them made and sitting on a shelf in my gaming room for many years - they probably made a gaming table twice if they were lucky, and the last time was a long long time ago, and they were such an embarrassment they were thrown away several years ago ........  :eusa_clap:

.......... and there are several things I know "Mr Jack S." about, luckily none of them are important .......  :closed-eyes:

No need to be degenerate about it to me.. I was just stating what I still knew about the set (was actually looking for pictures if it would confirm what you said, didn't find any unfortunatly about the contents, atleast not the buildings), I was in a hurry posting so I'm sorry if it was taken too blunt.

I still got the shed and the tower and I can't remember nor see any junction points on the shed that would have loged into the house like you said..

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #389 on: March 28, 2011, 09:26:37 PM »
I wasn't taking any offense at what you wrot Steg  :biggriin:

I am old and ugly enough to openly admit when I get something wrong  :engel:

I realised you were right straightaway as the 'lean-to' only had 3 sides as it didn't need a wall where it joined to the house.

Offline Immovable Object

• Members
« Reply #390 on: March 28, 2011, 09:33:45 PM »
I am old and ugly

Sig'd  :biggriin:

Childish but amusing

• Members
« Reply #391 on: March 28, 2011, 10:36:12 PM »
Ok good to hear Middy, and again sorry for not getting it right.. Been on edge the last couple of days aswell.

If I'm not mistaken the Lean-to also was only a few centimeters wide as well. I can't remember if it was stuck to the short or long side of the house though..

Anyway the whole set got stuffed away in a box for years with other stuff aswell.. and as the house was the biggest and most clumsy around it was first to fell to bending and flatning the wrong ways and thus in the end tearing up. So threw it away when it was broken. I still wonder why the tower apart from a few bend in the top and a loose stairway had still survived  :engel:

Righto IF  :biggriin:

Offline Marek

• Members
  • Pig Tickler
« Reply #392 on: March 29, 2011, 06:13:41 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warhammer-Battlefleet-Gothic-Shattered-Planet-Scenery-/320675848578?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item4aa9c52182

Genius. He's just single handedly re-branded the pebble. :icon_razz:

My favourite bit is that he has already re-listed it once!
Cheer up, could be worse.

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #393 on: March 29, 2011, 06:47:05 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warhammer-Battlefleet-Gothic-Shattered-Planet-Scenery-/320675848578?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item4aa9c52182

Hey,you don't think rocks should go for nothing, do you? :engel:
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #394 on: March 29, 2011, 06:58:52 PM »
At this moment I'm more surprised about how you guys continue to find these horribly silly auctions!
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #395 on: March 29, 2011, 07:04:20 PM »
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:03:14 PM by Midaski »

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #396 on: March 29, 2011, 08:30:21 PM »

That takes some big cajones to list a rock like that!
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #397 on: March 29, 2011, 08:32:55 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110665168811&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

More Mordheim goodness - £8.50 each + postage  :engel:
This is what drives me crazy about GW stopping the bitz ordering service, it just fuels ebay!

Same as not printing enough magic cards.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #398 on: March 30, 2011, 11:28:32 AM »
More Mordheim goodness - £8.50 each + postage  :engel:

Damnit!

I sold some of those a while ago and they didn't go for as much as that!

I wonder how Man o' War stuff is selling at the moment? I need to sell some things, but if they go for a low price it's going to upset me quite a lot.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #399 on: March 30, 2011, 12:10:46 PM »
Just tell us when we have to bid to up the price then (of course, we'll just buy them off you for tuppence a piece)  :engel:
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.