home

Author Topic: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (update: out)  (Read 296610 times)

Offline takenoko

• Members
  • Altdorf will prevail!
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (Marienburg reinforcements!)
« Reply #725 on: September 09, 2016, 03:13:10 PM »
Very nice! Those banners are ace, fantastic work! :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers:::

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #726 on: September 10, 2016, 09:07:29 AM »
Love the mixed halberdiers, a timely reminder that you actually own some brightly coloured paints! The contrast between these guys and your evil forces is so striking. Also great to see those banners again.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #727 on: September 10, 2016, 01:20:32 PM »
I've still got a swindling stash of the old plastics to paint. Now that I've started, I should probably bulk up the halberdiers to some proper numbers.  So maybe some more bright paint in the not too distant future...

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #728 on: September 11, 2016, 09:15:23 PM »
Wow, 023 returns to painting mixed landsknechts, yes! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::

I like the use of the older plastics.  I've got some of those still that need to be constructed and painted someday.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #729 on: September 13, 2016, 02:13:58 AM »
I like painting them much more than I like constructing them.  :unsure:

Here's what's hitting the road for Oldhammer USA Day 2016. Plus the baggage train. It's been so long, I have no idea how they will do. I'm counting on at least going out looking flashy, if nothing else.

(You should be able to see a slightly larger version of the pic on my blog: http://www.zerotwentythree.com/2016/09/marienburg-on-march.html )

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #730 on: September 13, 2016, 04:44:12 AM »
These guys look fantastic. Who are the three big guys in the back?
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #731 on: September 13, 2016, 09:20:41 AM »
Lovely, takes me back to the days when you could paint an army in only one year! ;)

The big guys at the back are Imperial ogres.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #732 on: September 13, 2016, 11:02:13 AM »
Charming, beautiful.  :-)

Did you have the baggage train painted too?

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #733 on: September 13, 2016, 01:10:47 PM »
Lovely, takes me back to the days when you could paint an army in only one year! ;)

The big guys at the back are Imperial ogres.

Crazy thing is I didn't know there were imperial ogres. What version did they appear in. I love 'em!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #734 on: September 13, 2016, 01:18:19 PM »
Did you have the baggage train painted too?

Yes, old figures I already had painted. It's a bit small because of the small army size. One wagon, five civilians, and a few wandering livestock.

Crazy thing is I didn't know there were imperial ogres. What version did they appear in. I love 'em!

4th or 5th ed. There were ogres, dwarfs (some are in that pic/army also), and halflings all in the Imperial puff & slash style. All three were part of the army in 4th/5th, and were available as allies/mercenaries/DoW in 3rd, 6th & 7th.

(Images borrowed from http://www.solegends.com/ )

I'm still looking for the center guy in the top row, to complete my collection!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 01:20:58 PM by ZeroTwentythree »

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #735 on: September 13, 2016, 01:30:29 PM »
I started in 6th but I can't believe I missed these dudes. Really cool collection. I hope you find the illusive one.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Qrab

• Members
« Reply #736 on: September 14, 2016, 02:04:18 AM »
I like painting them much more than I like constructing them.  :unsure:

Here's what's hitting the road for Oldhammer USA Day 2016. Plus the baggage train. It's been so long, I have no idea how they will do. I'm counting on at least going out looking flashy, if nothing else.

Out of curiosity, how many points is the army?

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #737 on: September 14, 2016, 03:54:56 AM »
Out of curiosity, how many points is the army?

Only 1500 points. I went light on magic in order to "put more feet on the ground."

I also played a but loose with the ally/mercenary contingents. Some say you need the overall commander for each contingent, some say that if you only use one unit, the unit champ can act as the commander. I think it makes more sense to have champs lead single units, regardless of which race/contingent. So there's just lot level heroes in the dwarf and halflings, and I skipped the champ altogether for the ogres.

Back in the day, like 99% of our games were 3000+ points, and in more recent editions, point values have dropped a bit -- so I'm used to BIG armies.  :unsure:

Offline Qrab

• Members
« Reply #738 on: September 14, 2016, 04:58:59 AM »
Cool. That gives me something to shoot for when I'm done with school & can get back to painting. I've always read the ally rules the same as you (if only one unit, then champion can be contingent commander). As mercenaries, I think Ogres had slightly different rules (can't remember them now).

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #739 on: September 17, 2016, 02:14:23 PM »
I have the two on the right. I always liked the single picture one you showed also.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #740 on: September 25, 2016, 06:05:35 AM »
I have the two on the right. I always liked the single picture one you showed also.

I've actually got a spare of that one (very nicely painted, though not by me) that I've been hanging on to, in hopes that maybe I might use him as a trade for the other one I still need.

Cool. That gives me something to shoot for when I'm done with school & can get back to painting. I've always read the ally rules the same as you (if only one unit, then champion can be contingent commander). As mercenaries, I think Ogres had slightly different rules (can't remember them now).

I believe ogres (and all mercenaries) have to test for loyalty the first time you want to charge them into another unit. Not sure if that's what you're thinking off.

I've been working on some larger stuff recently. I've posted pics of some of my custom vinyl & resin toys before, but it's been a while. I'm trying catch up on some various commitments (commissions, art/toy shows, etc.)

I've actually got a spare of that one (very nicely painted, though not by me) that I've been hanging on to, in hopes that maybe I might use him as a trade for the other one I still need.

I believe ogres (and all mercenaries) have to test for loyalty the first time you want to charge them into another unit. Not sure if that's what you're thinking off.

I've been working on some larger stuff recently. I've posted pics of some of my custom vinyl & resin toys before, but it's been a while. I'm trying catch up on some various commitments (commissions, art/toy shows, etc.) In lieu of posting individual pics here, I'll just drop (again) a link to my web site/blog.

http://www.infiniterabbits.com/

(OK, one WIP pic... a resin UFO that's intended to act as a ride for a certain range of vinyl toys, but I decided to use it as an excuse to conjure up something a little outside the box...)

:::cheers:::

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #741 on: September 28, 2016, 11:18:31 PM »

I'm just about packed for Oldhammer Day USA. (Still debating bringing a small 40k warband for "Escape from Nu Ork") I'll be working away from home for a day or two, briefly coming back, then hitting the road the next day for Oldhammer festivities. I may do some live (or live-ish) updates via my web site/blog or my Facebook Page and/or the Oldhammer in the New World page. Or I may just relax and catch up with that later. Not sure.

Hit a few last minute bumps, but trying to work through them. Child care for Friday afternoon fell through, and my car has chosen this moment to fall apart. Still hoping to make it.

1500 points of Marienburgers, 1500 points of giants, on deck. Plus a few old odds & ends to give/trade away.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #742 on: September 29, 2016, 12:09:30 AM »
You must make this journey. I want to go to a tourney so badly I'm living vicariously thru what you guys are able to accomplish.
Here's hoping you make it!!
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #743 on: September 29, 2016, 01:30:41 AM »
My tournament days are behind me. ::heretic:: This is a strictly non-competative event.  :mrgreen:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #744 on: September 29, 2016, 02:02:20 AM »
Even better! I think I won ' best sportsmanship ' on most of my tourneys due to my like of fluff as opposed to competitive.  I have to say I lost more games than I care to think of but I still loved them.
My friends were always top not gamers and mostly came home with the wins but somehow took pity on my fluffy armies lol.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #745 on: October 02, 2016, 04:03:35 PM »

More pics to come...

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #746 on: October 02, 2016, 04:14:37 PM »
5 giants! love it  :::cheers::: steveb

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #747 on: October 02, 2016, 07:51:16 PM »
Six! Two were drunk! I got to throw pigs, a cauldron, a priestess (?) and a vending machine at a couple of trolls.  :biggriin:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #748 on: October 02, 2016, 08:06:14 PM »
Being mauled by a vending machine - bad way to go - completely unhonourable, but totallly cool for a giant to toss!
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #749 on: October 03, 2016, 04:57:08 AM »
Chaos troll (Nigel, I believe.) Hit by a pig, but the vending machine was thrown just a little to the outside.

Big Dick, the giant, collecting more projectiles.

Later, Nigel the troll takes out Barry (the giant) with a carefully aimed swing of the same vending machine.

Back home but the rest of the event pics/report will have to wait a day or two. The quick summary is that I played one game of RT, two WFB 3rd. with the Marienburgers, and the WFB 3rd ed. giants vs. chaos game in the pics above.