home

Author Topic: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (update: out)  (Read 303753 times)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (Hobbits & Oathmark humans)
« Reply #1400 on: August 12, 2019, 05:16:00 AM »
The more of them I put together, the more I'm good with the rectangular shields. They've really grown on me, and seeing a unit put together looks good.

Hey.... also, I played some games (of some sort....)

https://www.zerotwentythree.com/2019/08/of-grill-elemental-evil-and-even-more.html

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1401 on: August 30, 2019, 04:43:00 AM »

A few updates...

I forgot to post a pic of this guy on his own (not lurking behind elves)...

I also painted a few (not many) minis this month...

And even played a game! (https://www.zerotwentythree.com/2019/08/stuff-in-mail-and-game.html)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1402 on: August 30, 2019, 10:50:59 AM »
Your daughter looks like she's winning. :icon_wink:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1403 on: August 30, 2019, 05:43:03 PM »
Well, it's a cooperative game, but she was sniping all the monsters and collecting all the treasure, while I bore the brunt of the damage. Haha. Smart kid!

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (Witch Hunter & new board)
« Reply #1404 on: September 03, 2019, 02:21:39 AM »
It's been a good holiday weekend. Weather didn't completely cooperate, but for the most part things went well. I got some work done around the house, barbecued some chicken, and enjoyed some down time with my family.

I also got a bit of personal/hobby time in. First off, I painted the Witch Hunter, and started putting a bit of paint on his next few followers.

I hung a new light to brighten the little corner of the cellar that I paint in. It's almost too much light! When I turn my old task light on at the desk, it doesn't make much of a difference, and in fact casts a bit of a shadow. Things may get rearranged. This also may happen because...

I also made a new 3x3 game board. Hopefully I will get to use it for some small skirmish gaming, like Rangers of Shadow Deep. But I also wanted someplace better to take photos of figures. It took a few days (mostly waiting for glue/paint to dry) but the actual work that went into it was brief and easy. The new board matches the larger table/boards I've currently got in storage.

I threw together a makeshift backdrop and tested out a few angles for photos to see if the lighting will work.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1405 on: September 03, 2019, 02:31:42 AM »
I have the "witch hunter" figure.  I'm painting him as an Estalian dude ... black and red, maybe even yellow.  He is suppose to be a mean dude.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1406 on: September 12, 2019, 02:40:30 PM »
I have the "witch hunter" figure.  I'm painting him as an Estalian dude ... black and red, maybe even yellow.  He is suppose to be a mean dude.

I've got that one, and another figure that seems to be based on the same body, but armed with a sword. Might paint him up soon, too.

Been painting more of the armed mob for the witch hunter. I think this is all the rabble I have for now, unless I can unearth some more. I do have some others that were previously painted, to bulk up the numbers a little bit more.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1407 on: September 14, 2019, 10:51:03 PM »
Beautiful stuff, well done!

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #1408 on: September 15, 2019, 08:26:41 PM »
 :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline The Black Knight

• Members
« Reply #1409 on: September 16, 2019, 12:57:14 PM »
Great, some proper old school miniatures in there.
"All right... we'll call it a draw".

My fantasy-themed terrain log

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1410 on: September 21, 2019, 09:44:32 PM »

I'm contemplating starting some painting on a old-planned Eclectic Meat-hating Robot Pirates project.

Here's some of what I've acquired so far...

And because every crew of misanthropic pirate robots needs flying robot monkeys, I picked up a pack of these...

They're Reaper Bones, but look like they've got pretty good detail for small figures. I may get a second pack so I can have a small squad of 5-6.

Hey! I recall people expressing interest in the bog trolls I painted a while ago. FYI Satyr Art Studios is having a great sale on the figures right now: https://satyrartstudio.ecwid.com/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1411 on: September 22, 2019, 12:25:12 AM »
Interesting looking monkeys with wings.  And those trolls ... wow, mighty tempting!

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (Sea Elf)
« Reply #1412 on: September 24, 2019, 04:02:08 PM »

Painted some tiny freehand for the first time in a while. This was my little moment of stress relief during a very difficult day. (I need more painting in my life, for that reason....)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1413 on: September 24, 2019, 04:28:09 PM »
I’m sure 023 decoded somewhere means Michelangelo reprised. 👆
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1414 on: September 24, 2019, 05:19:46 PM »
That is awesome! Love that shield, although seems, like the rest of the figures is very good too! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #1415 on: September 24, 2019, 09:42:07 PM »
From now on I'm just sending you ALL the miniatures. That's just gorgeous!  :eusa_clap:

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #1416 on: September 24, 2019, 10:00:04 PM »
whoa
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1417 on: September 25, 2019, 02:21:33 AM »
Haha, thanks.

And thank you Shadespyre, who sent me the random elf. I really like the figure. It's one of those old figures that they converted and cast multiple versions -- so it's very similar to (but not identical to) the spear wielding character from the Elven Attack Chariot that I recently painted. This one has minor differences like an additional bit of fur below the collar, where the chariot crewman's cape is supposed to go (mine was lost) and an extra satchel over his shoulder.

It was good to get a bit of detail painting on. I usually end up blowing through figures, speed-painting just to get them done anymore. This was a nice change of pace. Doing stuff like this is a better form of relaxation & stress relief for me. In all seriousness, when I was younger I tried different meditation & relaxation techniques, but my head was always too jammed with noise. At some point, it dawned on me that when I can really get lost in painting, I literally get lost in it. Sometimes I don't even remember the hour or two I spent on a group of figures, and come out of it feeling really relaxed & calm. I find my peace in painting toy soldiers. :evil:

I've been wanting to take a break from the rank & file and take more time on some characters or monsters lately. But it's hard due to time constraints. That's why I've been sticking with the speed painted rank & file. I can pop down to the cellar for 10 minutes and slap a basecoat or a wash on a few figures. But it's not the same.

Yesterday was a shitty day, in what has already been a very stressful spring & summer (and now starting into autumn.) So for whatever reason, I (wisely) decided, "fuck it, I'm going to go paint that shield". And that was that.  :-D

I've had an idea of what I wanted to paint the next few months. This is my favorite "themed painting challenge" time of year -- Orctober (or half-Orctober, for me) and Deadcember are coming up. And I might just follow through with that. I was planning on painting the last half-orc regiment, plus a character or two, in my half orc faction. I've been avoiding painting a bunch of undead (mostly skeletal) stuff all year with the idea that, "oh, I'll get to that in Deadcember." But now I'm also thinking about how rewarding it was to paint a stupid little lobster, three coins, and a chekered band on a single elf shield. I've got a number of figures that are otherwise painted -- except for freehand designs I've been avoiding. A few more that are half painted pending decisions on freehand designs. Hell, I may get back to some 2d art. I've been thinking about painting some "tiny art" and have even bought a few very small frames recently, with that idea in mind.

Thank you for the kind words. And for anyone who made it through that wall of text above.  :icon_biggrin:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1418 on: September 25, 2019, 02:46:28 AM »
From now on I'm just sending you ALL the miniatures. That's just gorgeous!  :eusa_clap:
Ha! I second that. :::cheers::: :::cheers:::

There's plenty in my new hobby storage unit.  Need to go see what I can send along his way, and pay him to paint something fabulous. :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #1419 on: September 25, 2019, 06:24:24 AM »
Yesterday was a shitty day, in what has already been a very stressful spring & summer (and now starting into autumn.) So for whatever reason, I (wisely) decided, "fuck it, I'm going to go paint that shield". And that was that.  :-D

I can really relate to this. Life has been very stressful over here too. Painting is meditation. And art. That Sea Elf shield is beautiful!  :-)

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1420 on: September 25, 2019, 09:55:26 AM »
023 ... good that your painting works as a way to release stress.  When I see folks doing that kind of art, just seeing it makes my day, and I appreciate your being part of this community and sharing your efforts with us.  Thank you! GP

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #1421 on: September 25, 2019, 11:58:19 AM »
I think that Elf may have been from the Collector series (the one supplied with hex slotta bases), repaired with the addition of a spear in place of a sword. I think they re-used the chariot Mage the same way? I'd have to go look it up. I'm glad I sent him to you instead of trying to flog him on ebay for £2! ;)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1422 on: September 26, 2019, 02:24:42 AM »
Thank you again, all.

Relating to the relaxation & stress relief of painting (and art in general), someone shared the article at the link below on the LAF that I thought was worth sharing again. I don't have PTSD, just a lot of stress right now. But I do know people with PTSD and it's good to read how art can help some people deal with that.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-24/art-therapy-heals-war-veteran-with-post-tramatic-stress-disorder/11537026

I'm glad I sent him to you instead of trying to flog him on ebay for £2! ;)

Me too! Along with the (very) few Marauder sea elves, he's on of my favorite figures in my tiny sea elf contingent.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1423 on: September 28, 2019, 10:23:06 PM »

These last few sea elves added to the 28 I painted in the OWAC earlier this year will allow me to split them into two regiments of 16 if I want to. I just need to paint the banners...

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1424 on: September 30, 2019, 10:23:20 PM »