home

Author Topic: Flames of War?  (Read 1120 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Flames of War?
« on: January 17, 2020, 12:34:54 PM »
Anybody?

I once tried to get into this, bought a bunch of 15mm Germans, however it always is a bit flummoxing in how the game looks on the table.  Too many tanks always get lined up in a row, and it just doesn't look like how things went.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 12:38:10 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
Re: Flames of War?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 10:37:50 PM »
I don't know. I have a bunch of early war Polish Cav (mounted and dismounted) so it looks accurate. 
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

Offline oak_prince

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 03:39:07 AM »
I've got a lot of the figures but few are painted. I've never played a game of FoW that really wowed me and left me wanting more. One big advantage of the game has is its popularity. It's got more tenacity than any non-40K game in my area.

I'm not fond of the tank parking lots either. The problem seems especially bad in Team Yankee, which is a shame since I really like the Cold War gone hot in the 80's theme.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone".

Offline Borderguy190

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 04:08:19 AM »
Play smaller games. Or on bigger tables. The tank parking lots look horrible to me, too. But i started out years ago and haven't played in some time. Seems the parking lots have gotten worse, at least in so many of the pics i see. If you have someone to play with, play it your way and dont crowd the table!