home

Author Topic: The Meeting of the Winds (UK)  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Giladis

• Members
  • Asur Admiral
The Meeting of the Winds (UK)
« on: July 09, 2007, 07:57:18 AM »
An intiative launched by the Elves. We ask for your assistance.

http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?p=480006#480006
The South will raise again!

Join the Solland Liberation Army!

Offline Veldemere

• Members
Re: The Meeting of the Winds (UK)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 08:02:12 AM »
Giladis, your link requires us to be signed up to your forum. Would you be able to give us a precis of what si involved so we can decide if we wish to investigate further.

Thanks
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline Giladis

• Members
  • Asur Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 08:18:53 AM »
No problem

Once more this is Wednesday only.

Following our minor victory last time we have secured the hill overlooking the Tor. Now as any good general knows we need to establish a supremacy in the air and magic.

For wednesday reports who ever you are fighting mention Asur mages fighting in the sky on eagles along with eagles against Druchii sorceresess on Dark Pegasuses and harpies.

Offcourse mention that our guys are wining  :wink:

Happy hunting.

Offline Tostig

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 10:16:17 AM »
This leads me to worry about a few points.

Firstly, how do you know you have a hill overlooking the Tor? Did GW write it in their weekly report? Did it appear in White Dwarf? If not, and if you just made it up, then I'd quite like my commander to find the Crown this week - do you mind if all Elven commanders post that?

Secondly, why should we support you in game terms? The whole Tor Thana thing reeks of "Quick, Forces of Light Strike Force must pile on the Evil Ones to save the McGuffin!". If that's the kind of game you want, fair enough, but it doesn't seem to be what GW wants.

Thirdly,  the High Elves are in an alliance with one of our enemies. Enemies who are in fact active in this area. We aren't part of the Grand Dwarf Alliance, and as far as I can remember neither are the Brettonians. If you wanted our help, perhaps you should have thought of it earlier. As far as I know we don't even have a fluff pact with you! Why should we do their dirty work for you? If they manage to succeed then all the better, otherwise it won't make any difference to us - in fact a failure by the stunties and the Elves will be a bonus, as it will strengthen the Empire's position. Your first "diagram" already included Bretonnians and the Empire before we were approached - don't you find that just a little presumptive?

Fourthly, why don't we treat you like you have other sides? You seem quite happy to arrogantly trample over the efforts of the Dark Elf community. Seriously, your brand of just making up bullshit for the Forces of Light to pile onto is getting on my nerves now. Why, a week ago everything I'd read indicated that Tor Thana was contested - but yet the Forces of Light piled on regardless, and have only just changed their pretty pictures. The same tactic of non-recognition has been applied to the Skaven community, sure, it might work in the short term. But in the long term it alienates and fractures Warhammer's online presence. What happens if we get the crown - you'll suddenly stop talking to us or mentioning anything we'd like?

Personally I'm going to mention Orcs attacking the Bitter Moon. I'd rather mention Skaven undermining our goals. I'd rather describe my forces spotting silent dark ships moving up the river. My 'enemies' seem to be a lot more friendly than the Grand Dwarf Alliance.

Offline Giladis

• Members
  • Asur Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 02:52:15 PM »
Last wednesday we and DE fought over a hill overlooking the Tor and we both mentioned it in our reports. The thing was that we won but only marginaly.

I am politely asking for assistance and it is your choice will you or not.

That was a Dwarf map and I am not personaly happy they drew it but I had connection problems when I realised that I object it. When I came back it was allready done.

It doesn't matter if you are part of an Grand Dwarf Alliance ( who made that name ) we are simpliy asking for fluff assistance just as you are free to ask the same from us.

Offline Tillmann Spyri

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 03:01:01 PM »
I'm working on a more complete account of the battle Gilidas. You want a look before I post the full thing?

Tostig, our dispute on fluff is with the brewery. We're still talking to them. The Asur on the other hand we have a good relationship with OOC. Don't refuse them just cos they're working with Bugmans.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 01:13:28 PM »
I believe I coined the term Grand Dwarf Alliance.  Sorry if there is offence taken in that, but they were at the middle of all of the talks and pulled together quite a few factions.

Blackthorn had presented this information to Veldemere and myself.  These maps are just plans, they're not actually assuming that Bretonnians or us will help.  I'm not in command of the UK region, so I let Veldemere handle this.

I do agree that every faction should support each other and the fluff objectives that are being presented.  This Tor Thana battle could last the entire campaign and mentioning reports here or there about magical duels off in the distance shouldn't be a problem, but that's not my call in this scenario.

Remember that there is little time to decide on what the next week's objectives will be.  By the time we've all discussed and agreed upon something, the next week has showed up.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 03:55:06 PM »
Can I suggest this gets mixed in with the Proposal for Barren Hill- Tor Thana thread as the 2 are tacitly linked.
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline Giladis

• Members
  • Asur Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 04:05:07 PM »
This one only matters for tomorrow so I think there is no need but for next time I will post there.