home

Author Topic: Another Orc battle 2500!  (Read 1131 times)

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
Another Orc battle 2500!
« on: August 14, 2011, 03:01:10 PM »
Just a short tale of woe!

So my list:

LORDS
Wizard Lord
Lv 4
Armour of Tarnus

Arch Lector + Walter
GW
AOMI
Dawnstone
VHS

Master Engineer x 2

General
Ogre Blade
FPA + Shield
Barded Warhorse

Captain
BSB
FPA+ En Shield

Warrior Priest
2nd Warhammer
Heavy Arm
Crown of Command

CORE
Halberds - 49
Ms SB

Xbows 10
BOTEF

Halberds - 49
MS SB

SPECIAL
Great Cannon
Great Cannon
Great Cannon
Mortar
Mortar

IC Knights FC

RARE
HBVG

======================================================

Orcs.

Azzhagg the Slaugterer on Hi Wyvern

80 Knight Gobbos Nets , Shields , Spears
Knight gobbo boss

50 Orcs Spears + Boss

12 Stone Trolls!

Giant Arachnoc Spider

2 Spear Chukkas

1 Rock Lobba

1 Doom Diver

=======================================

Seemed like a simple enough challenge.

We rolled off and he was 1st turn :(

My Walter ws lined up to take out Azzhag, but he wouldn't meet me and instead hit with a lucky Rock lobba shoy, 5 wounds rolled, St 9 , !

The AL died !

Most of my artillery misfired of failed to hit the mark.

The Orcs surged forward so fast having turn 1 frst.

The spider hid in a forest on my left flank, and charged out evading my knights and heading for the mortars.

My only way to pin it was for the Gen to break off from the knights and engage it from behind, which he did, and later scored 3 wounds on it.

The kights having reformed, smashed into the spider and took 3 further wounds, but the Gen and every knight died, with me at one point rolling 5 1's on 6 dice to save on 2+'s!!??!?!?!?!?!??! :(((( :icon_evil:

The Stone Trolls totally tok all my magic flames, with their 5+ magic resistance save ,

i tried to take out Azhagg , but the 2 cannon's aimed at him all game failed to land anything, 1 misfired and rolled a 1 boom!

My wizard in turn 1 miscast and rolled 9 , then dropped 3 levels!

By the time the Orcs fell upon my lines,  they had only lost about 10% of their numbers ,

I was sunk , badly,

and feeling quite miserable!

lol

I'm considering just leaving the trolls to themselves next game ,

I have to focus everything on the enemy General, once he is gone, they will be Stupid all game anyway ....

I'm ditching Knights for 30 Greatswords, which I have calculated will stand up very well ve St 3 Orcs and Knight Gobbos.

I think a Pegasus will be able to chase Azhag down , and my trusty Pistoliers can take out the warmachines.

Dang

Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline csjarrat

• Members
Re: Another Orc battle 2500!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 09:49:50 AM »
mate, that is some rotten luck. next game you play, your cannons will wipe the board clean in a fit of supreme accuracy to make up for it. bad luck with those knights too, 5 1's on 6 dice? sounds like my purple sun casting attempts :-)

better luck next time mate, also, another combat block would be advised, you're a bit character heavy.
Compared to the state troops they are a gentle handjob on a friday evening - jaggedjimmyj in ref to knights

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 10:15:25 AM »
cheers pal, 2 cannons, 1 HBVG and a Walter going for Azhag , i thought would have seen him off ok, but hey!

if i had been rolling better dice, and he had died, then the trolls would have bumbled forward, and i could have left them to it , and focused on killing the big blocks.

the walter would also have been able to move on into the war machines

Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 12:06:06 PM »
That really does sound like everything went wrong. If you played the exact same battle again you might well do a whole lot better.

Sounds like you did do well injuring the spider but I'm yet to see its stats so I don't know how expected or not that is.
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 12:14:19 PM »
i actually killed the spider with a later cannon hit, but then conceded