home

Author Topic: 2.5k Empire VS OK  (Read 1289 times)

Offline satch

• Members
2.5k Empire VS OK
« on: May 08, 2012, 11:17:46 PM »
Hello all! i had a game today vs a good friend's orges, sadly i did not take notes and may be a bit hazy on the details as i had a cracking headache when i played and the misses forced me to sleep when i got home  :blush:

Empire list.

10 ICK, FC steel standard
34 halberdiers FC detachments, 10 x-bowmen, 5 archers
27 greatswords FC
cannon
hurricanum
hellblaster volly gun
stank

wizard lord level 4, dispell scroll, lore of metal
Grandmaster with runefang charmed shield luckstone
captain BSB barded warhorse dawnstone, shield, OTS
2 warrior priests on foot with HA shield
warrior priest on barded warhorse lance,
master engineer.

Orge list,

Slaughter master (not sure on items) lore of the maw (2,3,4,5)
bruiser BSB, kitted out for defense i think
level 2 butcher with heavens (5,6 spells)

14 ironguts FC,
4 mournfang with the dragonhide banner
6 maneaters with brace of pistols, sniper and poision and the +1 movement banner.
2 ironblasters

from my left to right i  had my ICK with grandmaster, BSB and warrior priest on my left flank  (my opponent tried a refused flank approach i knew that he would have to advance and thus i could get my knights into really good flankiing positions) followed by the hill with my warmachines + engineer. just to the right of the hill i had my 10 x-bowmen with my wizard lord, 34 halberdiers 5 archers, directly behind the archers was my GS and next to them was my stank.

His deployment from my left to right, 1 ironblaster on my extreme left flank, then more into the centre was his gutstar with 3 characters next to them was his mournfang, then his iron blaster and to the right of them around some impassable terrain was his maneaters.

He got the +1  for his roll to go first and rolled a "1" as i laughed in my head thinking "yeah i really needed the first turn", i promptly  roll a "1" and i get my just rewards ...
Turn 1
His first turn saw everything move up as fast as possible except the cannons that move 6 inchs and prepare to fire, magic saw 3 PD vs 4 DD...
Magic
yup he rolled a 2 and a 1 and i channeled 2 dice :D suffice to say nothing happened
Shooting
things got a little nasty, he ironblasters both open up on my knight unit, both trying to snipe my grandmaster and i fail the LOS roll once....
all i can say is thank godness for the charmed shield, other than that i loose 4 knights !! from all his shooting reducing my knight unit to 50%.

Empire Turn 1

Seeing as his mournfang were easily going to get a charge next turn i knew i had to divert them somehow, so i march my archer detachment up and angle them to redirect away from my halberdiers, not leaving enough room for him to wheel past them. i also generate 4 steam points and send the stank towards the middle leaving some impassible terrain to protect his right flank from the maneaters. my knights on the left did not have alot of options and i thought i might need them for a flank charge and so i brought them up towards the middle exposing there flank to the ironblaster (i knew about it at the time but it was that or let them do nothing for a turn) onto magic!!

Magic
it came out to be 7PD vs 6 DD after channels and the hurricanum ( alot of 6s for channeling so far)
i throw 6 dice at the empowered signature spell from metal onto the mourfang and get it off by 1! (as in the dispell roll came up 1 short) i roll for 7 hits and roll 2 1s so 5 wounds inflicted leaving me well chuffed!! i used my last dice for the hurricanums bound spell but roll a 1.

Shooting
First time ever with a hellblaster and boy was i looking forward to it! then i rolled  a misfire, misfire and a 2, i reroll the misfire and roll a third freaking misfire.... roll on the blackpowder chart and tankfully get a 6, so i am able to shoot next turn. i fire 1 cannon at his ironblaster on my left and manage to hit, wound and i roll a 4 for the wounds, leaving it with 1!! gah.. X-bowmen are just outta range of it, so they fire at the mournfang (1 had only 1 wound left) but they did nothing same as the archers, the stanks cannon fired at the ironguts  over shot a bit and was only able to kill 1 of the dudes.

Orges turn 2
So he tried to charge my halberdiers but after testing he could not wheel and get into them, so he charges the x-bowmen which was a little over he average charge, (i competently messed up deploying those guys) i stand and shoot, do nothing and he maanges to get into them, oh well bye bye level 4...., Normal movement saw the rest of his forces move up cautiously as he does not want me flanking his gut star with my knight unit (even though they would loose i think) and both iront blaster shuffle around getting good positions.

Magic
his magic saw trollguts go up on his gut star which i let go as i saw no need to dispell it, same with the +1 T buff, then he throws his last dice at chain lightning but it get scrolled (i needed to use my scroll before he died)

Shooting
his left ironblaster opened up on my knights but to my relief he poor rools led to only 1 knight gettinghit by the cannon ball and he got... destroyed!!! :Ohmy: his other ironblaster managed to hit my stank and put 2 wounds on the fella.

Combat
i issue a challange with my wizaord lore to try and keep at least 1 x-bowmen alive to use the parents units stubborn. my wizard got cut down and i had 1 x-bowmen alive!!!! buuuut then he remembered stomps  :dry: and killed the last guy  :icon_sad: this led to him overrunning into my cannon and providing a very easy flank charge by my halberdiers

Empire turn 2
i opt to charge my halberdiers into the mournfangs flank my greatswords into his maneaters, he stands and shoots useing all shots to try and snipe the warrior priest and puts 1 wound on him. my stank gets 4 steam points and also crashes into the  maneaters, my knights decide to stop wussing around and march right infront of his left ironblaster, putting dangerous terrain to its left ensuring it can not get out of my charge arch unless he is willing to move into dangerous terrain, (and then it may be unlikly) i also put my hurricanum into range of both my infantry blocks in combat.

magic
10PD vs 5DD after all is said and done i was my halberiders had re-rolls to wound, 5++ and my greatswords had 5++, ensuring my victory!!

Shooting
my hellblaster does 3 wounds to his gut star

combat

so yeah... my halberiders are in the flank have re-rolls on everything, and then they fail there damn fear test.... and to make matters worse i forgot about the +1 to hit bubble (i blame the headache) the mourfang rip apart the cannon crew, and kill 4 halberdiers, my state troops only manage a couple wounds and after combat i had lost by 1 point, and i roll box cars  :eusa_wall: and then roll snake eyes for my flee distnce  :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: they get cut down. and to make matters worse my hurricanum failed its panic check and fled  :eusa_clap:
The GS on the other hand do alot better, the combined effort of them and the stank left the maneaters with only 2 models left (out of 6) and they break, killing the standard but they get away (they dont rally though and go off the board) i pursue and get out of the charge arc of the gutstar.

Orges turn 3
he moved his gut star around, charged my hurricanum to force it off the board, then redirects into my stank( he could not do anything else that would not of resolved in not getting charged by it) his left ironblasters charges my knight unit hopeing to kill of the last few normal knights with impact hits. and his right ironblaster charges my GSs.
his magic saw troll guts and the toughness buff go up on the gutstar. no shooting.

Combat
the ironblaster vs knights saw 1 knight die, and then it got chopped into itty bitty bits but the the grandmaster. the other ironblaster did about 3 wounds with the impact hits (LOOOVE the 4+ AS and the 5++) i then did 4 wounds to it, broke it but did not run it down. The mourfang were no able to do a single wound to my stank.

Empire turn 3
i reformed and moved my knights to stay at a long range (18) away from his gut star. the stank grinds the mourfang down to 1 model with 1 wound left. magic was uneventfull, combat saw no wounds done to the mourfang though none was given! the greatswords chopped the ironblaster to bits and reforming to look at the battle.

The Rest of the battle saw the stank grind out the mournfang, on turn 5. his gut star tried to charge my hellblaster failed. take 3 more wounds in my turn from shooting. the knights just staying away keeping all there points the greatswords doing the same. in turn 6 he charges my hellblaster with his level 2, and my engineer with his bsb he kills hte engineer allowing for a perfect cannon shot from my stank in my turn, fails to kill my hellblaster crew who also hold!! but in my turn 6 the hellblaster crew die and the stank misfires but it only locks up the steamgun. i fire the cannon and it lands 2 inchs before his feet and then i roll a misfire making it stick in the mud ::heretic::

Conclusion
At the end of the game i had lost my halberiders and there detachments, wizard lord,  my warmachines, the engineer and the hurricanum. a total of about 980 points. he had lost both ironblasters, his mournfang  and his maneaters giving me about 1100 points!!

Minor victory to the EMPIRE!!! :::cheers:::

After thoughts, it was stupid of me to not take my wizard lord out of my xbowmen but the lore of metal was not that good agasint this army, espcially after the mournfang got into combat, so i doubt he would of changed the outcome by much, i had alot of bad luck in the beginning of of the game so i was only after a draw after i lost my halberiders so i am very happy about the win!

The Stank was amazing, he is such a boss at tanking stuff (duh) and killing stuff.

if i were to redo the battle i might pick a diffrent lore (though killing 1 mournfang in t1 was extremly helpfull) but i also need to work on exactly where i put my X-bowmen as they should try to stay put the entire game.

Hope you all enjoyed my batrep! sorry for any and all mistakes, i am still reeling from the headache

Offline Tosk

• Members
  • The Hunted
Re: 2.5k Empire VS OK
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 11:23:34 PM »
Congratulations on the victory  :::cheers:::

Also good luck with that head ache
"I am Tosk."
"That's your name, or your species?"
"I am Tosk."

Offline sammay23

• Members
Re: 2.5k Empire VS OK
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 01:24:43 AM »
Nice report. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

The Steam Tank is a brute against OK. It's wonderful to watch it tie up a Gutstar or other large unit for 4+ rounds of combat.
Bring out the mop and broom sammay.  I want to see you clean this house.