home

Author Topic: Kickstarters - Ongoing list  (Read 30231 times)

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
Re: Kickstarters - Ongoing list
« Reply #175 on: July 02, 2020, 10:51:07 PM »
I have never participated in a kickstarter, but this is one of those where I am very tempted. The problem is, I really like the design of most miniatures (even though it's all CAD), but I am not convinced by the painted examples. The ones in the group photo look great, but the individual ones (from the last kickstarter) not so much. They seem to lose a bit of detail when being casted, especially noticeable on their faces I think. I have tried to find more photos of them, but could not find anything. Does anyone own some of their miniatures by any chance?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 11:00:36 PM by Victor »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #176 on: July 03, 2020, 12:59:28 AM »
I like the top warband, maybe I'll pledge.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #177 on: July 08, 2020, 03:43:39 PM »
So I decided to back this KS (for the 1st time). It has already reached several Stretch Goals. (Link on the previous page).

I will have to do some converting on some miniatures, but the outcome should be pretty nice.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2020, 08:37:57 AM »
The kickstarter mentioned above is nearing it's end. There are some lovely stretch goals unlocked already (some currently still WIP)

A Shrine:

Standard bearer for a warband:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2020, 01:38:45 PM »
Thanks for bringing this up again.  I had dallied in pledging, but will look today!

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2020, 09:53:10 PM »
I pledged for one warband plus postage.  There are a few other figures I'd like to add into the total, but might not until after campaign is over. They've blown past the most recent stretch goals, and it'll be interesting to see if they add anything else.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2020, 10:26:58 PM »
Bumping the link to here ...

... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heresylab2/citizens-faith-and-honor-by-heresylab-28mm-resin-miniatures?ref=18agc0&token=258e07ae
I pledged to get the Order of the Flaming Lys group.  I see these as being used for fantasy, role playing, and maybe historicals.  The extra helmets could come in handy if the men-at-arms figures are used for historicals.  However, I'm more interested in keeping the men-at-arms as originally designed for fanatsy/role playing, and using the footmen and archers for fantasy and historicals.

I'm contemplating a several of the other figures for role playing considerations.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #182 on: July 29, 2020, 12:02:40 AM »
The kickstarter is over. I pledged for quite a lot and will probably go for more, when I see the final products. Now I need to figure out what to do with them and on what kind of bases I should put them on. (So far everything I have went on square bases for WFB.)  :unsure:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #183 on: July 29, 2020, 12:05:34 AM »
I added some more funds for postage, the ranger looking dude, the assassin looking (dark?) elf, and the hobbit on the Ogre.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #184 on: July 29, 2020, 12:11:31 AM »
I like that companies stuff. I've seen some of the previous kickstarters and their models really have that warhammer feel.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #185 on: August 04, 2020, 02:34:09 PM »
I like that companies stuff. I've seen some of the previous kickstarters and their models really have that warhammer feel.

More 'Warhammer' than Games Workshop ...

First render of the shrine:

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2020, 04:04:54 PM »
I liked the first set so much, this is an instant-backing for me.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/hobgoblin-raiding-party-volume-two

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2021, 12:22:01 PM »
Bases for miniatures ...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/splendidscenery/scenic-resin-bases-for-28mm-miniature-gaming?ref=user_menu

I pledged for 12 packs of unpainted ... I'll find a use for them with my Necrons or Tau.  Or maybe for a Lion Rampant army of some kind.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2021, 06:09:45 PM »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #190 on: May 11, 2021, 06:16:40 PM »
There are already stretch goals that have passed for the kickstarter above that include ... fishy weapons, undead heads, more weapon options, town guard heads, river patrol, bases, prominent people #1, witch hunters, dice, cossacks (kislev), cultists, and prominent people #2.  Next stretch goal is at 15 euros and are northmen.

I'm pledging. :icon_mrgreen:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #192 on: May 11, 2021, 07:14:14 PM »
Dungeons & Lazers III: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/archonstudio/dungeons-and-lasers-third-edition/description

Some of the miniatures look quite interesting as well. In anyway, the prices are very affordable.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #193 on: May 11, 2021, 07:20:31 PM »
Halfling Witchhunters ... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/holycompany/halflings-the-witch-hunters?ref=recommendation-projectpage-footer-3

I'm not a massive fan of Halflings, but these are very well done I have to say. I'm currently working on a Human Witch Hunter warband myself and can certainly tell where the "inspiration" of each model came from.  :icon_wink:

The other stuff looks pretty nice as well, as far as I can tell from the tiny pictures.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 07:24:59 PM by Victor »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #194 on: May 11, 2021, 07:43:45 PM »
Halfling Witchhunters ... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/holycompany/halflings-the-witch-hunters?ref=recommendation-projectpage-footer-3
I'm not a massive fan of Halflings, but these are very well done I have to say. I'm currently working on a Human Witch Hunter warband myself and can certainly tell where the "inspiration" of each model came from.  :icon_wink:

The other stuff looks pretty nice as well, as far as I can tell from the tiny pictures.

I agree on the "inspiration".  And it seemed quite obvious to anyone familiar with certain Imperial figures from a by gone era. :icon_lol:

Although it seems the various figures are highly detailed, I'm only interested in the halflings.  The flaggie trying to lick the drumstick is my least favorite.  However, it seems cheaper to get the full boat than choosing the original figures and paying upwards for the stretch goals.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 07:46:56 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #195 on: May 24, 2021, 12:34:01 AM »
Kickstarter with figures that seem compatible with the Militia Kit ...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimforge/scoundrels-of-the-damned-ruins?ref=recommendation-projectpage-footer-3

There are already stretch goals that have passed for the kickstarter above that include ... fishy weapons, undead heads, more weapon options, town guard heads, river patrol, bases, prominent people #1, witch hunters, dice, cossacks (kislev), cultists, and prominent people #2.  Next stretch goal is at 15 euros and are northmen.

I'm pledging. :icon_mrgreen:
I bought a bunch of extra heads, bodies, arms, and legs to make bunches of these figures, and then a slew of other weapons and such.  I don't even know if I have enough of the former to cover each other, mostly because I could only get the initial set, and then buy 10 more of the bits.

Contemplated getting the stl files for a future 3D printing option, although have no idea when I'd be getting one of those.  And suspect there will always be more opportunities for figures moving forward anyway.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #196 on: January 09, 2024, 01:52:24 PM »
Westfalia is back with another kickstarter ...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/westfaliaminiatures/the-elves/description

Some elves, and with other creatures too. :icon_biggrin: