home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 535738 times)

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #2725 on: May 18, 2012, 03:20:37 AM »
I lost track of it this season.  Not because I didn't want to watch but I got behind and things are happening so quickly now that I didn't want to be out of the loop.  But it did seem it was heading down that route, and then I read that the writers had no real intention on introducing the mother anytime soon.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #2726 on: May 18, 2012, 04:33:14 AM »
I think they jumped the shark after the seventh year of Ted's story.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #2727 on: May 18, 2012, 10:12:30 AM »
WARNING: SPOILERS INCLUDED.

For me it was just annoying that they just made this entire season redundant. They could have introduced the BR twist at the start of the season to the same effect. Now, we just know that the awesome Quinn proposal is useless. The same goes for T&V- we know she's not the mother. And it makes Ted a giant asshole too.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:28:50 AM by Obi »
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Dunrik

• Members
  • Alexander von Wolfenberg
« Reply #2728 on: May 18, 2012, 11:44:44 AM »

For me it was just annoying that they just made this entire season redundant. They could have introduced the BR twist at the start of the season to the same effect. Now, we just know that the awesome Quinn proposal is useless. The same goes for T&V- we know she's not the mother. And it makes Ted a giant asshole too.

Agreed, and I get more and more annoyed that they have to keep walking in the stupid circles... Move forwards dammit
RIP Rufas/Ironmonger

"You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks."
Napoleon Bonaparte

My blog, http://wolfenbergtimes.blogspot.com/

Offline Auberoun

• Members
  • Moguling the crap out of life.
« Reply #2729 on: May 18, 2012, 04:08:46 PM »
Wife went to a follow-up appointment, and they said that her heart is working triple the amount of a normal persons, because she doesn't have enough blood.  She is on strict rest now, and we don't know how we are going to function since I am the only one working, and now we need someone to take care of her and our son...

:icon_cry:
The world you believe is reality is a puppet show!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #2730 on: May 18, 2012, 04:14:40 PM »
Really sorry to hear this Auberoun. 
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #2731 on: May 18, 2012, 07:00:33 PM »
Man, that sucks Auberoun. Can you get help from family or neighbours? Also, have they found the cause of the anemia?

caveat lector
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Auberoun

• Members
« Reply #2732 on: May 18, 2012, 07:41:22 PM »
My parents are watching our son as they can, and no, they still haven't found the cause of the anemia. 

If I can "cheat" a bit and post some good news in this thread...

Good news is that her blood level went up a bit on it's own since yesterday.  (Still not normal yet, she is at 9, and needs to be at 15...she was discharged from the hospital with an 8.2.)

Offline Dunrik

• Members
  • Alexander von Wolfenberg
« Reply #2733 on: May 18, 2012, 07:51:49 PM »
That really sucks Auberoun. Stay strong man!
RIP Rufas/Ironmonger

"You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks."
Napoleon Bonaparte

My blog, http://wolfenbergtimes.blogspot.com/

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #2734 on: May 18, 2012, 08:56:43 PM »
Not knowing is the scariest thing.  Take care.
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #2735 on: May 18, 2012, 09:25:23 PM »
Well, turns out the suspended full-timer that I've been replacing is coming back to work after all.  That would bump me back to part-time and leave me barely able to pay my bills, since I elected to keep the house in my divorce.  Now, I may be able to beg/borrow/steal enough hours to make it work, but I may not...especially because they're inexplicably hiring another part-timer, which would take hours away from me.  I really live it here, but it may get to the point where I'll have to either take a third job or leave and try to find a full-time position somewhere else.
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #2736 on: May 18, 2012, 11:20:16 PM »

I really hated the T&V storyline...mostly because I really liked V. I think the next season will start with Ted having cold feet, turning around and taking her back. That'll close out the last 'regret' from his past.

The BR thread...well, they couldn't really just drop *another* bombshell in the first episode haha. I think if the series *hadn't* been renewed, B would have married Q.

Do you have any theories about the ID of the mother? Some friends and I have a pretty solid one...
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline Heinrich von Kampfmann

• Members
  • May Sigmar guide my blade
« Reply #2737 on: May 20, 2012, 10:30:32 AM »
So my gf, who I live with in my apartment, thinks we should have a "break" for a week or so.... It sucks!!!! She left yesterday to stay with her parents and just came to the apartment to get some more clothes. And I have a report to write for University college, or "Högskola", as we say in Sweden and I can't focus at all.......

I hope she comes back, she said she would and she seemed pretty happy when she came to get her clothes...

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #2738 on: May 20, 2012, 01:24:02 PM »
About once a year my wife and I spend from 3 days to a week traveling with others.  A break is no big deal.  Enjoy it.
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline Heinrich von Kampfmann

• Members
  • May Sigmar guide my blade
« Reply #2739 on: May 20, 2012, 02:35:00 PM »
Thanks for those words man, I feel better now!  :icon_biggrin:

Report started and going home for a barbeque with my family soon. It might work out after all!  :::cheers:::

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #2740 on: May 21, 2012, 09:19:28 AM »
Our cat was hit by a car sometime yesterday. Got the call from the vet today. :(
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline Not-not-kenny

• Members
  • Call me: 22079460347
« Reply #2741 on: May 24, 2012, 06:40:37 PM »
Couldn't sleep last night because BOB, had a really bad day as a result.
"Nothing happens contradictory to nature, only contradictory to what we know of it."

Offline Auberoun

• Members
« Reply #2742 on: May 25, 2012, 02:25:19 PM »
Our cat was hit by a car sometime yesterday. Got the call from the vet today. :(

Sorry to hear for your loss stretch...it sucks when you lose a furry family member.

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #2743 on: May 29, 2012, 04:57:37 PM »
I have been properly ill for the past three days. I have a HUGE exam tomorrow, and I have been unable to do any studying because of the illness.

caveat lector
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline oak_prince

• Members
« Reply #2744 on: May 29, 2012, 08:33:51 PM »
I'm head of security at a large office building with a call center.

The southern part of our state was hit by storms yesterday. The people in the call center told me they were being bombarded with calls from people in areas where the power was out asking why their cable tv and internet weren't working.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone".

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #2745 on: May 29, 2012, 09:37:26 PM »

The southern part of our state was hit by storms yesterday. The people in the call center told me they were being bombarded with calls from people in areas where the power was out asking why their cable tv and internet weren't working.

I used to work at an AT&T call center. I know that feel, bro.

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #2746 on: May 30, 2012, 12:19:36 AM »

One more reason not to like you cannon. How dare you have a job that pays crap and gets abused by everyone while trying to give a free service...how dare you sir!
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #2747 on: May 30, 2012, 12:28:25 AM »

One more reason not to like you cannon. How dare you have a job that pays crap and gets abused by everyone while trying to give a free service...how dare you sir!

It got so stressful that my wife asked me to quit.

It's amazing how angry people get when you politely point out that they are stupid.

"Sir, I'm afraid your home wireless network will not reach you in the park three miles from your house."
"WHAT! I PAY FOR WIRELESS ACCESS, AND YOU'RE TELLING ME YOU WON'T PROVIDE IT?!?!?!?"
"No, sir, I'm just telling you that your wireless router has a maximum range of 300 feet. If you want wireless access at the park it would probably be best to purchase a mobile wireless card."
"I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY MORE MONEY JUST TO USE THE SERVICE I ALREADY PAY FOR!"

etc.

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #2748 on: May 30, 2012, 12:41:25 AM »
 :eusa_wall:

My catching-up-with-studying-all-nighter is going semi-ok, the drugs (all legal ones, nothing that cannons colleagues got injected, though someone did offer.... ) keep me functioning a bit.

caveat lector
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline oak_prince

• Members
« Reply #2749 on: May 30, 2012, 12:43:27 AM »
Call centers are basically first world sweatshops. Just working in the same building as one depresses me.

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone".