home

Author Topic: Send the pigeons  (Read 372 times)

Offline commandant

• Members
Send the pigeons
« on: March 27, 2024, 10:34:36 PM »
Okay so 73 points gets you a master engineer with a repeater gun and pigeon bombs.   I'm wondering if it is worth having like 5 of them that you can place to the side of your infantry.   Within 3" so they can't be the target of shooting but they could be the target of priest of ulric's prayers.   Then you have a 33% chance of a Str 5 AP2 attack and a 16% chance of a 3 inch template of Str 4 AP1 attacks that you can fling out in the shooting phase with a little damage that he can do with his handgun.   

I would consider losing the handgun completely though.

Offline Footpatrol2

• Members
Re: Send the pigeons
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 10:55:58 PM »
Priest of Ulric prayer (damage 2) will not affect because the engineers are not part of the unit. Now... If they joined the same unit yes.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 11:02:20 PM »
Put all five of them in one unit with 5 archers and a the priest could work (I overlooked that it was a self spell).   

Offline Footpatrol2

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 12:50:47 AM »
So I think it would be a little bit of a waste to not have some type of warmachines by to give their buff out.

I think 5 is a lot (365 points) but maybe 3 (219 points) or two (146 points) would be better?

I do like that it is not bs shooting so no modifiers to hit.

Offline Clymer

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2024, 04:11:24 AM »
Interesting idea, will think on it. But you gave me another idea: Priest of Ullric in a unit of 10 outriders pumping out 30 multiple wound (2) shots per turn. Fires 360… maybe throw in a wizard with glittering robe and/or a witch hunter to make their shots flaming or magical as desired. They might not even fight too bad in a combat.
Note: The above post was intended for entertainment purposes only and may contain views not necessarily held by its author. Any similarity to actual facts is purely coincidental.

Offline Footpatrol2

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2024, 04:19:56 AM »
The witchhunter is great on range units for modifying their range attacks types, Magical or flaming.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2024, 08:57:58 AM »
Two helbasters. One each side of the formation? Dose magic resistance stack?

Offline Perforated

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2024, 09:13:43 AM »
Dose magic resistance stack?

No, you take the best available.
Stirland rabble for life!

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2024, 10:25:46 AM »
Makes sense. Maybe add a witch hunter for flaming attacks. Though now this formation is getting sillier than it started

Offline sedobren

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2024, 11:29:35 AM »
Interesting idea, will think on it. But you gave me another idea: Priest of Ullric in a unit of 10 outriders pumping out 30 multiple wound (2) shots per turn. Fires 360… maybe throw in a wizard with glittering robe and/or a witch hunter to make their shots flaming or magical as desired. They might not even fight too bad in a combat.

That's a very good case for mass use of outriders and pistoliers. I don't remember if it's on this site or reddit but i saw a guy run a list of just outriders, pistoliers (like 6 units between them) and some supporting infantry and knightly orders supported by characters on warhorses (not the barded ones!) and he had a lot of success because it's very shooty and mobile.

edit: re-reading the rules, i'm not sure the multiple wounds (2) work with shooting since it says that the "model's attacks" gai that rule

it may have been because it was the first time okaying against it but it's interesting in any case
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 11:48:05 AM by sedobren »

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2024, 12:29:27 PM »
Models with shooting have 1 attack (regardless of what is on their profile) unless stated otherwise like multi shot