home

Author Topic: Foreign Ministry  (Read 65459 times)

Offline farmer

• Members
  • Victory is life
Re: Potential Dwarf/Ogre Alliance
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2007, 02:38:10 PM »
@ Wissenlander I wouldn't say the High Elves look down on us. They just have our best interests at heart like a mother to her son.  :engel:  If it alliance of their's with the Woodelves happens  you can bet that it will up us southern plains boys (I'm, Averland) and you to sort this mess out.
"We fight them with our steel, we fight them with our courage, but above all we fight them with our faith in Sigmar!"

(Magnus the Pious outside the gates of Kislev)

Offline The Chosen Pistolier

• Members
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2007, 03:54:13 PM »
The dwarfs are making diplomatic thrusts in other places as well.

If we want to do anything with the woodies (and stop people speaking bad of us), we better have do it soon. I'll probably not participate in the campaign, but I will always report dutifully to the imperial crown.

/Your own wood elf scout

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2007, 04:06:33 PM »
Thanks for that TCP.  I read it over, and as of now it's divided amongst the Woodies.  The Dwarf speaks as though they have forgotten the aid we have long given them.  These are troubling times indeed...
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Rufas the Eccentric

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Taken from us May 9th 2008 - But never forgotten
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2007, 05:28:01 PM »
We need to get going on the potential alliances.  If any one wishes to to serve as an ambassador take the initiative and do it.
Sigmar on a sling, the stuff some people come up with. . . .

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2007, 05:42:29 PM »
Does anyone here have any affiliation with others who would potentially be our allies?  That may help us hammer out an agreement.  I don't have any.  I did play High Elves like six years ago now...

not together.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2007, 05:49:21 AM »
OK, I'm signing up on Asur.org to act as ambassador to the High Elves. Let me know if there's anything I need to pass along (salutations and an alliance offer are going to be part of my intro over there, no need to worry about that)
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2007, 07:59:25 AM »

Thanks for the breakdown, if I could just add a little to it on the other side;

High Elves- I was assuming they would have their own agenda but still support us. The one thing they would not allow is us to keep the crown (if we wanted to).

Brets- They want our land!

Dwarfs- Already been set against us by GW

Ogres- Already standing with the Dwarfs

Lizzies- Major language barriers, not to be trusted.

If you read the strand I have consistantly said that the HE alliance is a good thing and should happen anyway.

The very reason I suggested the Woodies was not a full alliance but to serve 1 purpose, to stop the Brets from stealing from the southern parts of the Empire. We already know they are coming for our land we do not want 2 enemies behind us fighting on a second front. If the Woodies could be persueded to keep the Brets at bay we can concentrate on killing Chaos and greenskins!
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2007, 12:08:12 PM »
OK, I'm signing up on Asur.org to act as ambassador to the High Elves. Let me know if there's anything I need to pass along (salutations and an alliance offer are going to be part of my intro over there, no need to worry about that)
I'm already a member of that site (same names as here), so let me know if you need something. I was a battle group commander in the campaign that was ran on Asur.org the past few months, and I have the msn of some of their site admins and most active members.

That said, I think we should try and make at least a truce with the dwarves. We could also try and offer an alliance to the ogre kingdoms, if we can have a truce with dwarves there's no reason ogres couldn't be allied to the both of us.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 12:11:08 PM by cisse »
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2007, 12:47:40 PM »
I think we should at least approach the woodies today, unless anyone has a serious objection?

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2007, 04:05:11 PM »

I would pass on the salutations.  Remind them of our longstanding gooed relations, that we are aware that their is a very powerful artifact hidden on our land, and are unsure as to it's benefits and dangers, and seek to collaberate with them to insure of it's safe disposition.  If the artifact is determined to be safe, then the Emperor shall use it to hold back the tides of chaos.  Otherwise it will be permanently held in the vaults in the College of Light  with other dangerous artifacts.   Point out the dangers of the item falling in to thhe hands of the Orcs or the Goblins and the many Elves who hhave fallen to the Dwarves in ancient times.

In flowery polite language of course.

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2007, 04:12:09 PM »

Thanks for the breakdown, if I could just add a little to it on the other side;

High Elves- I was assuming they would have their own agenda but still support us. The one thing they would not allow is us to keep the crown (if we wanted to).
Maybe if it were secured in the College of Light.  At this point we do not know if this is useful or dangerous

Brets- They want our land!
Kill the all, All the more reason to enlist the  woodies.

Dwarfs- Already been set against us by GW
But maybe we can work together to beat up on the greenskins first with the  understanding that we are not renouncing our rightful claim to the Crown

Ogres- Already standing with the Dwarfs
Opportunity lost.  All the more reason to move as fast as possible on other alliances.

Lizzies- Major language barriers, not to be trusted.
No one is to be trusted, but if there not our allies, they will be some one elses allies.  Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

If you read the strand I have consistantly said that the HE alliance is a good thing and should happen anyway.
We still need to make it happen

The very reason I suggested the Woodies was not a full alliance but to serve 1 purpose, to stop the Brets from stealing from the southern parts of the Empire. We already know they are coming for our land we do not want 2 enemies behind us fighting on a second front. If the Woodies could be persueded to keep the Brets at bay we can concentrate on killing Chaos and greenskins!
Yep.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 04:19:35 PM by Rufas the Eccentric »

Offline Tostig

• Members
Re: Foreign Ministry
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2007, 04:51:08 PM »
Good health to the Lords across the sea.

For many a year now our two races have stood side by side against those evils which would overwhelm us both, and so in our time of need it is to you that we now turn to for help and for good guidance. Within our borders lies a powerful and dangerous artefact. There are those amongst us who claim that it can be used benevolently, to fight back against the forces that made it, while others claim it is a corrupting menace which much be destroy. We seek your counsel and guidance then as a trusted ally and a close friend of these lands.

If it is decided that we can harness this trinket, we would only seek it to use it to repulse the chaos spawn from our borders, and otherwise we seek either to permanently secure it within the vaults of our esteemed College of Light, or forsake it for some weaker fool. However we would rather the first, for if it were to fall into the green-skinned hands of Orcs who ravage our homes and murder our families, they could threaten our ability to carry on our fight against Chaos. Equally we are wary of it being kept by the Dwarfs, those grudge-bearing people driven by greed, who might seek to use it against those who have before stood abreast with them against the tides from the North.

We therefore look to you in our time of need, and hope that you might resume out nation's understanding with renewed vigour.

And here's the picture, that do you?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 04:56:19 PM by Tostig »

Offline Northern Child

• Members
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2007, 05:02:12 PM »
What about another tact ?

Happen to mention on a tomb kings site that you noticed a large sarcophagus in Brettonia or on a Skaven site that you think now would be the ideal time to gain a few more Karaks/underground lairs ??

Offline The Chosen Pistolier

• Members
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2007, 05:03:15 PM »
There has been a post on asrai.org by someone to (not me).

The reactions are mixed, but not all bad. The main issue seems to be that they do not want us to actually get the crown. How to proceed now?

Offline Tostig

• Members
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2007, 05:05:52 PM »
Hmm, as we did to the high elves - we would not make any decisions on our own, only with the guidance of those more knowledgeable in the arcane arts than us - the elves. That we would try to hold it safely in our College of Light, and that if that is impractical that we will be glad to rid the world of it.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2007, 05:19:20 PM »
I feel the way to proceed is to make assurance we do not want the crown and did not ask for it to be within the Empire, our soldiers were already committed to clearing the forests of the Empire of the taints of Chaos.

Also possibley worth mentioning the expantionist plans of the Brets (land stealing cheese munchers), and how this will start impinging on them as they get greedier. Their 'crusade' is land theft our mission is purely protecting our innocent.

Possibly laying it a bit thick but might work.

Possibly something about kindred with shared problems of chaos taint in woodland not like dwarves with their mountains and plans to destroy the crown (they made it, who is to say this wasn't their plan all along to keep men at bay, we all know how long they can hold grudges for!).

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2007, 05:24:06 PM »
The Woodies seem to have a tie with the Brets, some sort of agreement at least.  And I believe it to be Reynard of Bogenhafen who made the first move to contact the Woodies.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 05:27:00 PM by wissenlander »

not together.

Offline Tostig

• Members
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2007, 05:35:33 PM »
And for the Dwarfs:
Great sires beneath the mountains,
                     For many generations our two races have stood shoulder to shoulder, armed with axe and halberd, kinsmen against the waves of green and black that would overwhelm us. It had been so since Sigmar of the Unberogen first raised his hammer aloft and fought together with your ancestors, and we had hoped it would be so for many seasons to come.
                     The news that this ancient alliance of our peoples had been trampled on in such a way was dispiriting enough – that it was done so for a mere trinket is shameful. However it seems that we cannot come to an agreement as to the best course of action, and the troops of the Thorgrim Grudgebearer march down the Old Dwarf Road, bearing bare steel as his warriors stride through our lands. It is therefore with a heavy heart that the troops of the Empire take up their arms yet again in order to defend their homes, wives and sovereignty against those who would seek to destroy them. These last seasons we have fought against raiding Elf, plundering Orc and devastating Chaos, but the prospect of a war against our brothers in arms fills us with the most dread.
                     If we are doomed to slay our fellow peoples by circumstances we cannot control, we beseech you to not inflict our foolishness upon the innocents of the Empire, and in exchange we shall treat those Dwarf kindred of yours who live within the walls and cities of our dominions with the utmost respect and hospitality. If, by fortune, there is some chance of us coming to a peaceful and mutually beneficial agreement about this bauble, we implore that your aged wisdom will allow you to send word to us at once.
                     There is still hope that the axe and the halberd go to war on the same side once more.
        Karl Franz

The picture. You like?

Offline General Romanov

• Members
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2007, 05:40:14 PM »
The Dwarfs would be the best to ally with in my opionion despite the tenson that has been building

The WE are to isolated to join with us or agree to anything unless they have a reason to fear the crown...and then they'ed take matters into their own thin hands

The High Elves have pledged assisstance in the recovery but they would attempt to take control of the operation I think

The Bretonnians are invading and proved they are untrustworthy

The Lizardfolk are to far away and I don't see how they can assisst us now

So i vote to try and get an allianc ewith the Dwarfs
For Sigmar, For the Empire, For Wissenland!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2007, 05:49:57 PM »
As of now:

The Dwarfs and Ogres look to have strong ties.

The Dwarfs were talking about working with the orcs on fluff, but doesn't look like it's panning out.  Also there looks to be some communication between the Dwarfs and the Lizards.

The Woodies are torn between us and the Dwarfs. 

The Brettonians and the Woodies have some sort of agreement, what it is I'm not totally sure of yet.

The High Elves are yet undecided, but I think they lean more towards us.

I'm scowering different forums to see if I can throw my weight in on any issue, but right now the Dwarfs, High Elves and Wood Elves seem to be sorting things out for themselves.

I'll continue my search and see what I can find.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 05:52:28 PM by wissenlander »

not together.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2007, 05:53:51 PM »
Well, I guess someone will have to do the more unconventional proposals, in addition to the conventional ones already discussed;

- Vampire Counts - Some hidden Vampire was worried he was going to be found, so he got a bunch of others from Sylvania to try and invade. Basicly the undead are just kinda there.

A vampire cornered in our lands. He could either struggle to make it out alive (kind of), or... we could enlist him. Not the most Sigmarite thing to do, but the only reason he's becoming hostile towards us is because he feels threathened. If we convince him that he's not on our black list, he might turn towards other, more immediate threats. Maybe even the threats we propose to him.

In the end, we could always turn on him and finish him off. After all, he'll be a lot easier to find when he's our ally :icon_wink:.

(Somehow I just KNOW there's something in the fluff about VC which hasn't come to my attention yet. Something that will completely ruin this plan. But heck.)

- Dark Elves - They don't have the strength to attack for the crown directly, but they are upping their raids on the coasts for slaves etc.

So they're not going after the crown. That basically gets them off our back, except for the fact that they'll be attacking our undefended coast cities. So how about a proposal; we pay them so that they do not attack us, but the northern coasts instead. Get them to fight chaos instead of us.

All of this should happen in secrecy, of course. We don't want the "council of light" to find out we're allying with the bad guys. Still I think that these races could prove to be useful allies, especially since they're "there to be there". This adds a whole new dimension of fluff for them.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Tostig

• Members
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2007, 05:56:49 PM »
In my opinion we ought to aim for:
Non-aggression pact with the Dwarfs and their allies.
An alliance, or non-aggression pact with the Wood Elves
An alliance with the High Elves.
An realpolitikian pact with the Brettonians - "You have knights who need land, we have untamed land and a need for fighting men." I think we can come to some kind of an arrangement.

Do you want me to right something for the Bretts?

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2007, 06:07:35 PM »
If it is decided that we can harness this trinket, we would only seek it to use it to repulse the chaos spawn from our borders, and otherwise we seek either to permanently secure it within the vaults of our esteemed College of Light, or forsake it for some weaker fool. However we would rather the first, for if it were to fall into the green-skinned hands of Orcs who ravage our homes and murder our families, they could threaten our ability to carry on our fight against Chaos.

And here's the picture, that do you?
That sentence seems a little unclear to me ("we would rather the first"). Anyway, most peeps at Asur.org seem to have doubts about letting us have the crown, but we'll see how it turns out. Would you like me to post that picture?

@ Demonslayer: not sure about that vampire, but good call about the Druchii... Perhaps something could be arranged. Anyone who would like to go to Druchii.net and see what can be done?

@ Tostig: realpolitik with the Bret's - sure, their knights may cleanse parts of the forests and settle themselves there. They may not, however, occupy or conquer any of our already civilised regions (even the smallest village) - and the knights settling in the Empire would answer to the Emperor and not to that king of them anymore, of course. Otherwise we effectively lose a part of the Empire, something which I would not be happy with.
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2007, 06:11:19 PM »
If anyone has ties with another site, I say do some maneuvering.  I tried to post at Bugman's (just registered) but it wouldn't let me for some reason.

Right now we seem to be a bit behind on negotiations, we need to catch up.

I'll take a look over in the Dark Elf lands, but if anyone has a connection there feel free to make a move before I do.

Edit*  I have no idea what to offer the Dark Elves.  Their whole premise is that they should exploit a weakness in the coast line if they see one.  How are we going to get them to lay off Nordland if that is their one avenue of attack?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 06:16:57 PM by wissenlander »

not together.

Offline Tostig

• Members
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2007, 06:17:22 PM »
That sentence seems a little unclear to me ("we would rather the first"). Anyway, most peeps at Asur.org seem to have doubts about letting us have the crown, but we'll see how it turns out. Would you like me to post that picture?

I've patched it up a bit, this better?

Would you like me to post that picture?

If you think it'd help things. I don't know much about the state of affairs there - I'm just trying to contribute at the moment, and so I'm open to requests :)