home

Author Topic: How old can a orc be?  (Read 2662 times)

Offline ||RaveN

• Members
How old can a orc be?
« on: June 06, 2005, 10:11:49 AM »
I was talking with a friend a few days ago about the lustria campain.And when we started to wonder who of all special characters was born,dead and so on.We wondered if Grimgor could possible take place in the campain.So the question is: HOW OLD CAN A ORC BE!!??
The only thing that flows faster then water.Is fear

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
How old can a orc be?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 10:20:00 AM »
Uhm. I suppose Orcs would live until they get killed, rather than die of old age. So theoretically, and Orc could get very old. But if Grimgor was around at the time of the Lustria campaign, we would have heard from him before - I don't think Grimgor is more than a century old at best.

You might want to pop by Da Warpath and ask the local yokels what they think, Orcs are generally more their thing :)
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Lightbringer

• Members
How old can a orc be?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 11:13:14 AM »
Orcs grow larger as they grow stronger I think, and the older they are the stronger they should be. So if Grimgor was around back then, he should be the size of a mountain by now :P
Okey, perhaps they don't grow to that scale, but as General Helstrom said I thinkm we would have heard something about him in the ages inbetween now and then. But there is nothing stopping you even if its not in the official fluff :P

Offline ||RaveN

• Members
How old can a orc be?
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 11:27:40 AM »
Thanks dudes! I will go to da warpath and see what the dudes there can tell me.On http://www.druchii.net they said that a orc would live 50 years or something like that..But I don't belive them.

Thanks! -Raven

Offline Karl Schimmelfennig

• Members
  • Servant of the Slann
How old can a orc be?
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 03:11:56 PM »
I don't think Orcs are that old. They live and die like humans to the best of my knowledge - although I imagine Orcs don't have retirement funds, superannuation or that sort of thing, as generally retirement would be imposed by the axe of their successor as clan chieftain.

Unlike Oldbloods, some of which are 7000 years old. It's never been known for a Saurus to die of old age - they just keep on fighting...:-D
Famous Quotes from History:

"To beat the French."

The Iron Duke summarises his battle plan at Waterloo.

Offline nosramuk

• Members
How old can a orc be?
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 09:44:01 PM »
I dont know how old orcs get, but how do they increase thier numbers? Surely they dont just appear out of thin air, and you dont see any female orcs around...

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
How old can a orc be?
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 11:32:54 PM »
Orcs have belly buttons. And male nipples (suggesting that there are indeed females)…

Both of these are strong evidence of sexual reproduction like that of a human. Though it is best not to think of this too much when it comes to orcs :wink:

Plus, there used to be models for female orcs.

That’s my case... are there any fungus-ists around here?

Oh and for age, I would Imagine probably most orcs do not reach their full genetic potential when it comes to age, the only old and feeble orcs seem to be some of the shamans.

How old can an orc get? My guess is about 60 though the average orc won’t go past 25.
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
How old can a orc be?
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 01:18:47 PM »
I'd put the life-span somewhere around 50-60, actually. They don't seem to live very healthy lives, after all. The Orc Shaman model looks rather old, meaning they do age.

Having good resilience (T4) doesn't tell anything - elves are even more slim than humans, and yet they live for a thousand years at least.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline ||RaveN

• Members
How old can a orc be?
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 12:42:12 PM »
to Konrad:I was talking to the people at the club and I was talking to some guys at Da warpath.And the most of them says:Orc's live until they get killed in battle.But the most orc's doesn't get over 50-60 because every day and every sec a orc get killed in the badlands and on other places in the warhammer world.So I have my answer and I thank you all for the help

-Raven

Offline Clarkarias

• Members
  • Halton Hills, Ontario
How old can a orc be?
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 09:33:50 PM »
I would say that Orcs live as long as humans...they just die from other causes faster...
Actually, forget Karl-Franz. I want rules for Thyrus Gorman on a dragon. - Rufus Sparkfire

Offline Astra

• Members
How old can a orc be?
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2005, 11:13:36 AM »
What a coincidence.

I was looking around at portent/warseer some hours ago and I discovered a topic much like this, called: "How long does an Orc live?"

The topic-starter here has surely read the same topic as ||RaveN on druchii.

You might find the answer here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3425&page=1&pp=10

I didn't bother to find read the whole...
"Just fight for The Empire!"

Karl Franz,
The Ruling Emperor

Offline Ceridan the Green One

• Members
How old can a orc be?
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2005, 09:01:44 PM »
I'm the friend Raven's talking about BTW.
I agree that it would most likely be that Grimgor wasn't alive around the Lustria Campain, we only started this "research" for fun.
But the main question is still how old can they be?
I will look at that link of yours Astra.
However, my opinion would be that they die of everything else but Old Age.
All my foes share one thing:
They´re all afraid of me!

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
How old can a orc be?
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2005, 09:50:59 AM »
Well, there is no mention in any fluff about any orc who has lived very long. Sure most orcs would die in battle sooner or later, but there has to be at least some undefeated super-boss somewhere who has had no reason to die in battle, and thus lived for 100+ or something years.

However, the apparent lack of evidence doesn't mean there is none. If you ask me, any answer is as good as any other, since there is no official fluff on this one.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders