home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 261468 times)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #1250 on: November 05, 2019, 02:51:56 AM »
I'm a big fan. The warriors to me look very much like the classic sculpts, but upgrades, touched up and given some dynamism. I don't care as much abut monster riding lords, but the knights look good to.

What is with this weird back and forth on sculpts? They do a phenomenal set, then something like these new bone bois, and then great stuff again.

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #1251 on: November 05, 2019, 12:19:50 PM »
I think that's they way it goes. They can't all be winners, not to everyone.

I too find the Ossiarchs to be very "meh." I have been picking up the Underworlds undead, though. I like the classic look.

But I know there are many who really like the new undead.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #1252 on: November 05, 2019, 02:50:57 PM »
GW can still produce a nice model that's for sure, even stuff I don't like is still very dynamic in its concept and sculpt.
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #1253 on: November 06, 2019, 02:44:19 AM »
Agreed. I really don't play much any more, aside from some Warhammer Quest--and hopefully some Underworlds--but I like to pick up a new model once in a while.

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #1254 on: November 06, 2019, 03:21:19 AM »
Wow! The poses don’t look like they would work for ranks, but I def could use a couple for heros!

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #1255 on: November 06, 2019, 04:41:54 AM »
Agreed. I miss the ol' rank and file days of warhammer, but getting away from it does allow for dynamic models.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1256 on: November 07, 2019, 11:47:27 AM »
Just checked out Ogre Mawtribes on azyr. Quite a substantial army and plenty of models to choose from. These guys are now definitely on my to do list.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline The Penguin

• Members
  • Empire Secessionist
« Reply #1257 on: November 16, 2019, 08:21:46 AM »

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1258 on: November 16, 2019, 05:18:07 PM »
I'm trying not to get to excited. We're literally years off, and who knows what exactly they're doing.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #1259 on: November 20, 2019, 06:03:33 PM »
Like the Conquest magazine there is now an AoS variant only for UK and Spain for now

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/20/enter-the-mortal-realms-in-2020/
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1260 on: November 21, 2019, 03:42:13 AM »
I think this is a really good thing. Not quite in my price range, but I like the idea of is. Plus Night Haunt are sweet.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #1261 on: November 21, 2019, 09:45:42 AM »
I think this is a really good thing. Not quite in my price range, but I like the idea of is. Plus Night Haunt are sweet.

Yeah I really love this aswell and even the price range is good in the end you will save some money on buying everything seperatly and you even get some nice hobby extra's..

To bad I'm still waiting for the 40k version Conquest to be available in the Netherlands.. UK/Ireland, Australia, Spain, Italy are (as far as I know now) the only countries you can get it. So I don't expect the AoS version to become available here anytime soon either
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1262 on: November 21, 2019, 12:34:38 PM »
This "magazine" idea might work well for some to get into the hobby, but I'm already into it and not the least bit attracted to the idea.  Of course having the Stormcrud figures as part of it, doesn't help the idea for me either.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1263 on: November 21, 2019, 12:44:28 PM »
Quote GP : Of course having the Stormcrud figures as part of it, doesn't help the idea for me either.

😿

Actually I almost asked for stormcrud at the local GW last time I was in. Had to laugh and check myself. It’s bad enough that I call them Sigmarines regularly. I am making my stormcast in Matorean colours when I get to the bench and look forward to your opinion as usual😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1264 on: November 21, 2019, 01:08:33 PM »
Ha! Blue and Orange on Stormcrud ... no association with Matorea, no way! :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

Makes me want to return to my Matorean figures ... I got a unit of 20 swordsmen basecoated in white with flesh and orange on them.  They need completing!  And then there are those handgunners that need some blue and orange, too!  These might double has a Marienburg Von Koscumberg merchant family's military units as well.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 01:11:04 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #1265 on: November 21, 2019, 03:31:55 PM »
I heard AOS is going to die as the old world stops a mud hole in it … might just be a rumor  :closed-eyes:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1266 on: November 21, 2019, 04:16:36 PM »
I heard AOS is going to die as the old world stops a mud hole in it … might just be a rumor  :closed-eyes:

I believe that can be construed as a counter heresy!
 ::heretic:: ::heretic::
😸
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Doombull

• Members
« Reply #1267 on: November 21, 2019, 05:03:50 PM »

All kidding aside, GW's bringing this product line back because they believe it's not competition with AoS. To be fair, this is probably true. Not only is this new game going to be different than AoS to such an extent it won't have the same market, it's also going to be different enough in terms of style and support that even if it surpassed AoS in terms of sales (which may be hard to track as there will be a lot of crossover for miniatures I suspect) it will not kill AoS as a product.

The only way AoS ever would go away, is if AoS's sales collapsed. Which I just don't see happening.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1268 on: November 21, 2019, 08:18:17 PM »

Sorry Zak, but not only is this blatantly untrue it misses a major point of why their bringing the old world back. AoS is outselling the Old World by a huge Degree. It's doing so good, they can afford to burn money on a setting that was costing them money purely to try and make some extra bucks off old players and the total war/vermintide crowd. The Old World is only coming back because of AoS. The moment they have a problem and start losing money the old world is on the chopping block again.

Like it or not, The Empire has quite literally been saved by Age of Sigmar and the Stormcast. Call them stormcrud or sigmarines, they're popularity and sales are directly responsible for resurrecting Altdorf and our beloved landsknecht.

Offline Doombull

• Members
« Reply #1269 on: November 21, 2019, 09:07:23 PM »

Sorry Zak, but not only is this blatantly untrue it misses a major point of why their bringing the old world back. AoS is outselling the Old World by a huge Degree. It's doing so good, they can afford to burn money on a setting that was costing them money purely to try and make some extra bucks off old players and the total war/vermintide crowd. The Old World is only coming back because of AoS. The moment they have a problem and start losing money the old world is on the chopping block again.

Like it or not, The Empire has quite literally been saved by Age of Sigmar and the Stormcast. Call them stormcrud or sigmarines, they're popularity and sales are directly responsible for resurrecting Altdorf and our beloved landsknecht.

This is something people have made up. I have to stress. Warhammer Fantasy did not cost GW money. They didn't lose money on it. Not at all. They just felt it underperformed. That is NOT the same thing as losing money. It was a net positive for them. It was just NOT 40k. And they wanted something that could be closer to 40k numbers. It was a middling profit. Not a loss.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1270 on: November 21, 2019, 10:42:46 PM »
That's a better way to put it true. Although some of the ranges were selling terrible and overall the whole system was doing very poorly. AoS by comparison is doing way better, and I still stand by the fact that it's that profit that's letting them reconsider something that was doing so poorly.

Offline Doombull

• Members
« Reply #1271 on: November 21, 2019, 10:52:15 PM »
That's a better way to put it true. Although some of the ranges were selling terrible and overall the whole system was doing very poorly. AoS by comparison is doing way better, and I still stand by the fact that it's that profit that's letting them reconsider something that was doing so poorly.

GW as a whole was grossly mismanaged during that time. Even 40k was in a slump due to years of neglect and stupidity. Kirby and his cadre being ousted changed everything for the better, 100%.

However, the biggest factor, beyond the fact that it didn't make as much money as they wanted was Copyright. This decision was made AFTER chapterhouse. That was definitely a factor.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1272 on: November 21, 2019, 11:37:56 PM »
Those are part of it, but I don't think a main one. Fantasy itself was in a bad place long before either of those. There might be a little life pumped in with every new edition, but the whole game was in a bad place.

Even if we look at copyright, that's a problem Fantasy is still going to have. Assuming they come back in vaguely the same shape as it was when it left. 40k been able to change it up somewhat, but the Empire is still going to be fairly generic looking historical stuff with some fantasy elements. Dwarfs are fairly generic looking fantasy dwarfs, etc.

The lore is fantastic, and going to be one of the main selling points. Plus I really don't want them to change the look. I really don't want them to try and make it look like AoS. That would defeat the whole point of bringing it back I think.

I

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1273 on: November 21, 2019, 11:58:11 PM »
Quote Gankom:
The lore is fantastic, and going to be one of the main selling points. Plus I really don't want them to change the look. I really don't want them to try and make it look like AoS. That would defeat the whole point of bringing it back I think.

Absolutely. I like AoS for what is. Would like WFB to be its own
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Doombull

• Members
« Reply #1274 on: November 22, 2019, 12:14:50 AM »
Those are part of it, but I don't think a main one. Fantasy itself was in a bad place long before either of those. There might be a little life pumped in with every new edition, but the whole game was in a bad place.

Even if we look at copyright, that's a problem Fantasy is still going to have. Assuming they come back in vaguely the same shape as it was when it left. 40k been able to change it up somewhat, but the Empire is still going to be fairly generic looking historical stuff with some fantasy elements. Dwarfs are fairly generic looking fantasy dwarfs, etc.

I

I think that they'll change the names on things, much like they did in AoS. The Empire will still be the Empire, but it might be The Empire of XXXX. And Elves will become Aelfs and ect. Orcs will probably be called Orks, rather than Orruks I suspect. But there will be name changes for the factions themselves.