home

Author Topic: Way to fix the General..  (Read 12677 times)

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
Re: Way to fix the General..
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2009, 05:50:12 PM »
Yeah, preferably CR banners of psychology-related ones. Like the High Elves have (And don't need...).
I for one welcome our new flying cat overlords.

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2009, 06:31:59 PM »
wouldn't that be handled by the political general option? essentially.

Not necessarily, remember that greatswords are a generals and counts supposed bodyguard.

sure it would the extra special or hero slot would equal the special slot declared as core with the added bonus of flexibility.  So that if a player wanted his "count's bodyguard" to be just that A body guard the hero slot would fulfill that role.  On the otherhand if a different player wanted to have an army of a different flavour than heavy infantry focused he could have an inner circle of knights or any other special unit as his body guard. 

When it boils down to it the whole "body guard" bit if fluff and does not and need not be represented in a hard and fast way in the rules.  With 12 plus principalities within the empire and hundreds more counties and potentially thousands of ways to represent any of those armies the empire might field, who says the count's body guard must be and can only be greatswordsmen.
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2009, 09:16:15 PM »
I didn't mean that they were the be all and end all bodyguards of generals and counts. But that much of their fluff says that they are.

I use mine as a bodyguard because they are cool(the old models though, stuff paying $140 for one hundred extra components I will probably neever use in my life simply for some half plated greatswordsmen) to use and they are reasonably good at fighting.
A man who builds his army around his fluff . . . respect . . .  :::cheers:::

Offline Skyros

• Members
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 03:23:53 PM »
If the general let you take actually useful 50 point banners for state troops (like the griffin) banner, he might be worth it.

Or, if he made a unit of greatswords core, considering how starved we are for special choices. And that's an incredibly fluffy solution :)

Ideally he would do both at once!

Offline Elden

• Members
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2009, 02:52:27 AM »
I lvoe this idea of making greatswords a core chioce. I just suggested myself at the greatswords suggestions thread. I think making one unit of greatswords core would be incredibly fluffy without making either greatswords or the general overpowered.

Nothing else needs to be changed to either the general's or greatswrods stats if this is so.

Offline kk14

• Members
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2009, 12:30:12 AM »
Agreed.
Fixing the banners goes a long way to fixing the GotE.

One suggestion I heard (and don't really like) is adding an 'elector count' upgrade. Same stats, +100 pts, gets a runefang but keeps his item allowance, and is not allowed to take mundane or magical weapons.
If you can't convince the voters to accept your view, and you take to the gun, you are by definition anti-American.

Veni, Vidi, domum meum redire volo.

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2009, 06:51:10 AM »
I still like the idea of GotE's as different specialties and their "body guard" as an option of either an extra hero slot or any one unit of special being counted as core whether that's an extra cannon, mortar, greatswords, or even inner circle knights, pistoliers, and outriders. 

The elector count upgrade could work but it does play into the whole powerhammer baloney, by essentially paying for the runefang it still retains some of the game balance.  Hell why am I worrying about it GW doesn't. 
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2009, 04:20:37 PM »
Perhaps a way to raise the General and also the Captains back to renown would be to give them orders....like in 40k

General may use two orders per turn the Captain one order after a successful leadership test of the target unit they get some funky stuff like stubborn, +1 attack etc. a little bit like all the stuff that is going around lately

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2009, 09:07:33 PM »
Thats a nice idea on passing the LD test.
I would imagine it could be something simple like,
+1 armour save and/or a 5+ ward save.
+1 attack and/or +1 to hit.
+1 Ld
Gains always strikes first for one round of combat.
Stuff to boost our own units would be pretty cool, and keeping in liine with what our warrior priests do, boosting our own units.
A man who builds his army around his fluff . . . respect . . .  :::cheers:::

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2009, 02:37:21 PM »
it even would be in line with the current stuff GW brings out like the altar of khaine, the anvil, etc.