home

Author Topic: stretch_135 Blog (Pic Heavy) (Updated 04/05/2017)  (Read 59309 times)

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
Re: stretch_135 Blog (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2014, 04:29:19 PM »
You realize "in the black" is where you and stretch are, too, right? That is, more unpainted than painted?

That's it - go ahead and ruin my humourous post by pointing out I am an idiot .........................  :engel:

Edit:
Actually you must be lying as there is evidence here on this site that you DO paint stuff and recently too ..........

I don't paint enough . . . .

I am seriously considering just focusing on the unit of skeletons (which is dipped :) ) to bring my numbers up :)

Gotta get the 2nd Round Pleasant Surprise done, though.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2014, 09:18:13 PM »
Thanks guys, my work monitor now has water all over it haha   :icon_lol:

Mids: Get painting :p
DK: How far in the black are you?
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2014, 10:26:38 AM »
So I got to sit down for half an hour this evening and finished up the two Warrior Priests I'd been working on (managed to do the shield for one during the hockey last night). Pretty happy with how they turned out - pics will have to wait until tomorrow when I can get them shot under some better light.

However, also received in the mail a couple more Mk II marines for my EC army...so actually *increased* my score for today :(

Incoming
Fulgrim +2
5 Phoenix Terminators +5
10 Tactical Marines +10
10 Devastators +10
5 Assault Terminators +5
5 Deathwing Knights +5
3 Centurions +9
1 Land Raider +10
5 Mk II Space Marines +5

Outgoing
Warrior Priest with Great Weapon -2
Warrior Priest with HW and shield -2

Total: +57

However, hoping my next painting project will put a sizable dent in that...(hint: I can hear the scratching of claws and there's a nasty smell of pestilence hanging around my desk...)
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2014, 07:58:04 AM »
So, back again - managed to turn out some viewable pics, but when you're working with an iPhone I wouldn't expect the greatest of detail...

First up is a Warrior Priest with Great Weapon. This is one of my favourite models and took quite a while for me to track down as they were removed from sale a week before I was going to buy one....doh. Took me most of the space of 7th Edition to track one down then most of the space of 8th to paint it.

Pretty happy with how he turned out.

At the same time I did the WP with HW and Shield of the same vintage

Again, pretty happy with how he turned out. The shield is a freehand as I traded away the original shield that came with him. My freehand isn't the greatest but the comet came up OK.

Overall these guys were pretty quick...I knocked out the cloth, flesh and armour in a Sunday then did the details and fiddly bits during the evening over a couple of days. A good start to the year, but there's more painting to do...got a large infantry block on my desk that might see a spray can tonight if I get time....

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
Re: stretch_135 Blog (Pic Heavy) (Updated 11-2-2014)
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2014, 10:23:23 AM »
Received another package today...a few more chracters for my ever-increasing pile of pre-heresy EC (will actually have to put a brush to them soon). Score:

Incoming
Fulgrim +2
5 Phoenix Terminators +5
10 Tactical Marines +10
10 Devastators +10
5 Assault Terminators +5
5 Deathwing Knights +5
3 Centurions +9
1 Land Raider +10
5 Mk II Space Marines +5
1 Legion Champion +2
1 Legion Master of Signal +2
1 Mk IV Legion Captain +2
1 Mk IV Legion Standard Bearer +2

Outgoing

Total: +65

So let's not talk about how ugly that's getting and move onto things that might actually out me in the red...

I went a bit mad last week and finished off cleaning up and undercoating 60 Plague Monks for my Skaven army. Yes, six-zero. Proof:

As I sat back and looked at my handiwork (and contemplated how I was going to paint the little bastards without going completely off the deep end), I realised I'd made on small but fatal error: I'd used regiment bases (four wide) on the side where there was space to deploy the Plague Furnace which was to be next up on my painting table:

(Arrows show which four have the regiment bases) No amount of fiddling gave me a way where they'd all rank up, so will have to take a knife to them and shift around a few bases....regiment ones might end up on the right hand side of the unit. Also did a bit of a test with the Screaming Bell in the PM unit in place of the PF and found that some of the rats didn't rank up thanks to their ridiculously oversized weapons, so will have to change a few of them up to. Lesson from this one: don't assume stuff ranks up without testing it. And always dryfit before taking a brush to a unit...saved me the heartache of hacking away at my painted unit afterwards! Hoping to get this all cleaned up and some painting started later in the week...

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
Re: stretch_135 Blog (Pic Heavy) (Updated 27-2-2014)
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2014, 07:00:00 AM »
Good news everyone! Plague Monks have been rebased, looks like everything will now fit. Bad news...I got suckered into building my Plague Furnace so I can be 200% sure everything will rank and fit. Worse news...I'm keeping it in sub-assemblies to paint, so I need to at least do some basic paint work on it so I can glue it together (not going to dry fit as last time I tried that I snapped off the little pegs that hold it together...nightmare). Worst news...I ran out of spray paint while undercoating it:

So planning a quick run out to get spray after my physio appointment later (lucky for me it's Games Night at the local GW...yes I still use GW primers), then going to get this show on the road over the weekend.

Oh, and before the guilt eats away at me too much: another 10 Mk II Marines arrived today for my EC army....reeeeeeeally need to get these plague monks done so I can get a little red on this chart! (someone slap me if I obtain anything more!)

Incoming
Fulgrim +2
5 Phoenix Terminators +5
10 Tactical Marines +10
10 Devastators +10
5 Assault Terminators +5
5 Deathwing Knights +5
3 Centurions +9
1 Land Raider +10
5 Mk II Space Marines +5
1 Legion Champion +2
10 Mk II Space Marines +10

Outgoing

Total: +75

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
Re: stretch_135 Blog (Pic Heavy) (Updated 27-2-2014)
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2014, 05:42:43 AM »
Update time...I didn't have a chance to go to GW on Thursday as I felt like hell after the physio (nice head cold kicked my butt). Inspired by Pandemonium (see his work here http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=48203.0) I decided to try and paint up the old plastic Fire Mage (I think this one was from Talisman?)

Pretty happy with how he's coming along....the challenge being to get him done this afternoon so I can get on with the Plague Furnace this week (spray painting being completed yesterday).

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
Re: stretch_135 Blog (Pic Heavy) (Updated 02-03-2014)
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2014, 05:21:11 AM »
Slightly delayed update, as I've been prioritising painting over basically everything else at the moment. As a result, the fire mage is done:

The pics have washed him out a little bit, but overall really happy with how he came out, especially in what was (for me) a pretty quick turn around time. Was a fun model to paint too. So good news for my chart there - bad news is I picked up a couple more Centurions for my Marines, so still going backwards. Plenty of year to catch up I guess...

Incoming
Fulgrim +2
5 Phoenix Terminators +5
10 Tactical Marines +10
10 Devastators +10
5 Assault Terminators +5
5 Deathwing Knights +5
3 Centurions +9
1 Land Raider +10
5 Mk II Space Marines +5
1 Legion Champion +2
3 Centurions +9

Outgoing
Fire Marge -2

Total: +82

Since finishing the mage, I've been going all out on the Skaven Plague Furnace. Today I finished the wood and metal work on the chassis, so now turn to the stonework and then probably the ropes and other details so I can glue the chassis together in preparation for a game next weekend. Only downside is that I need to assemble a few more Clanrats for said game, which will cut into painting time. Oh well, who needs sleep anyway? :)

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
Re: stretch_135 Blog (Pic Heavy) (Updated 16-03-2014)
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2014, 10:22:31 AM »
Very good progress, and I love the way you painted the wizard's cloak! :eusa_clap:

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2014, 08:51:51 PM »
Very good progress, and I love the way you painted the wizard's cloak! :eusa_clap:

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how it came out :) The red was pretty straightforward - Scab Red, Devlan Mud wash, 1:1 Scab to Blood Red, Blood Red. The white I worked up from brown through bone to white and the flames are yellow to white. I did a bit of research on painting the flames as I wanted to go for 'realistic' flames along the back of the robes apparently the trick is to go white at the very center (the hottest part of the flame) then  work out to yellow and, if the flame is large enough, red. Neat trick I'll have to remember if I ever get around to painting my Flagellant horde.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 09:04:15 PM by stretch_135 »

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2014, 09:06:25 PM »
A couple of bonus pics I found in my photobucket - this is the Screaming Bell that I painted a while back. I'm following the same painting guide for the Plague Furnace so I'm hoping it comes out as well

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2014, 08:13:05 AM »
Looks good! Though I would love to see a more vibrant color for the warp. As it is now it looks a little pale.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2014, 09:03:51 AM »
Looks good! Though I would love to see a more vibrant color for the warp. As it is now it looks a little pale.

Thanks :) I think it lost a little vibrancy in the pics, but I might push it a little further when I'm doing the Plague Furnace...plenty of warpstone to pick out there haha.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2014, 08:28:37 PM »
Not much painting this week, as I've been madly assembling Skavenslaves for a 2500 point game against my brother's mate's Lizardmen. The list I'm tinkering with is as follows:

Lords
Grey Seer
Screaming Bell
Warpstone Token
Warpstone Token
Shadow Magnet Trinket

Heroes
Plague Priest
Plague Furnace
Dispel Scroll

Warlock Engineer
Level 2
Warp-Energy Condenser

Warlock Engineer
Level 2

Cheiftain
BSB
Great Weapon
Warpstone Armour

Core
50 Clanrats
Spears
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Clawleader

Weapon Team: Poisoned Wind Mortar 65

50 Clanrats
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Clawleader

Weapon Team: Poisoned Wind Mortar 65

25 Skavenslaves
Spears
Shields

25 Skavenslaves
Spears
Shields

25 Skavenslaves
Shields

25 Skavenslaves
Shields

Special
60 Plague Monks
Musician
Standard Bearer
Bringer-Of-The-Word
Plague Banner

Total 2494

Not the most optimised list, as I wanted two big blocks of Clanrats and a big block of Plague Monks. This will be the first time I've actually played with my Skaven, so curious to see how it's going to go. Plan is to throw magic at any big nasties on the table, then grind down his Saurus blocks in true Skaven style - with sheer weight of numbers. May struggle with cold-blooded and not having any leadership debuff spells, but working on the theory it'll be a blast anyway :)

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2014, 09:56:18 AM »
Quick update, as I'm madly working on the Plague Furnace - played my first game with Skaven yesterday, had a blast doing it. The Bell and Furnace double making two units unbreakable is nasty, probably meant the BSB was overkill. Struggled a bit to support the Bell's unit, which meant they were ground down to toast by the Temple Guard unit after the Slann died to a lucky spell (failed Look Out Sir, failed initiative test, disappearing Slann). Thought I would roll the Lizards after that, but struggled to get going against four units of Skinks. Thinking I need some chaff hunters (maybe Rat Ogres) to protect my flanks

In other news, I flipped a spare Space Marine Codex for a box of Devastators and some cash; also done a little detail work on the Plague Furnace this afternoon - hoping I'll be able to get into the priest and crew this week.

Incoming
Fulgrim +2
5 Phoenix Terminators +5
10 Tactical Marines +10
10 Devastators +10
5 Assault Terminators +5
5 Deathwing Knights +5
3 Centurions +9
1 Land Raider +10
5 Mk II Space Marines +5
1 Legion Champion +2
3 Centurions +9
5 Devastators +5

Outgoing
Fire Mage -2

Total: +87
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 01:59:22 AM by stretch_135 »

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2014, 09:19:19 PM »
Quick update - life has managed to get in the way of painting the last week or two, but I managed to finish off the smoke on the Plague Furnace last night (waaaaay too many layers on that), so down to the crew, priest and a few details like ropes. Hoping that I'll be able to get at least the skin and robes done on the crew/priest this weekend, but we'll see.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
Re: stretch_135 Blog (Pic Heavy) (Updated 04-04-2014)
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2014, 10:44:27 PM »
Another quick update (no pics unfortunately as I'm at work) - crew and priest are both basically done, with a final highlight on the ropes on their robes needing to be done at the same time as the rest of the rope work. Hoping I'll have time to get that done tonight....very time consuming though as I'm highlighting each raised bit on the rope. Looks great, stupidly time consuming. Then have to paint the embedded warpstone symbols in the wood, assemble, base and she's finished. Yay :)

While trying not to get ahead of myself, been contemplating what I'll work on next...at this point I'm leaning towards finishing a Steam Tank I bought a while ago that was half painted by the previous owner. The remaining parts are mostly detail work and the iconography, so should be an easy win and help bring my numbers down. After that, it's into Marines...priorities there are going to be Rhinos and Assault Marines, but that's subject to change. One step at a time.

Also, silly me bought more Marines. I swear one day I'm going to drown in a mountain of unpainted plastic.

Incoming
Fulgrim +2
5 Phoenix Terminators +5
10 Tactical Marines +10
10 Devastators +10
5 Assault Terminators +5
5 Deathwing Knights +5
3 Centurions +9
1 Land Raider +10
5 Mk II Space Marines +5
1 Legion Champion +2
3 Centurions +9
5 Devastators +5
10 Tactical Marines +10
1 Stormtalon +5

Outgoing
Fire Mage -2

Total: +102

Never had any luck getting rid of the Deathwing Terminators that I don't have any use for - could put them up in a trade thread here, but anyone interested? Happy to flip them for just about anything Marine, Empire or Skaven.

Next update I promise will have pics of a completed Plague Furnace

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
Re: stretch_135 Blog (Pic Heavy) (Updated 04-04-2014)
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2014, 05:53:05 AM »
Good news everyone - Plague Furnace is done, though had to do an emergency run to pick up some more brown paint to complete the base. Without further ado:

The pics have washed out a little, but you get the idea. The majority of it was painted following GW's guide for the Screaming Bell, plus the guide from the Lustria book for the Plague Monks (who turned out really well - good signs for the 60 I need to paint...).

I also managed to touch up a Space Marine Librarian I picked up in a lot deal a while ago - didn't need much, just the eyes, chapter badge and the base as the rest was already painted. The chapter badge transfer was a bit of nightmare...was a bit rusty with the technique and didn't manage to get it cleanly across. Cleaned up OK though.

So more red to the list this week, which is good.

Incoming
Fulgrim +2
5 Phoenix Terminators +5
10 Tactical Marines +10
10 Devastators +10
5 Assault Terminators +5
5 Deathwing Knights +5
3 Centurions +9
1 Land Raider +10
5 Mk II Space Marines +5
1 Legion Champion +2
3 Centurions +9
5 Devastators +5
10 Tactical Marines +10
1 Stormtalon +5

Outgoing
Fire Mage -2
Skaven Plague Furnace -5
Space Marine Librarian -2

Total: +95

Good progress, but always need to get more done. The Steam Tank is going to wait and I'll get cracking on the Rhinos. Hoping they'll be quick, ut we'll see....

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
Re: stretch_135 Blog (Pic Heavy) (Updated 08-05-2014)
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2014, 10:18:07 PM »
Quick update...I've finished the internal metal on the Rhinos, now need to do the detail work (I'm building them so the rear ramps open, so need to do all the internals). Then do the tracks and glue the top down...will probably put them on hold then and focus on getting going with the Pleasant Surprise...got a few ideas kicking around but want to trawl through my victim's target's giftee's posts a little more.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
Re: stretch_135 Blog (Pic Heavy) (Updated 12-05-2014)
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2014, 10:54:58 PM »
Another quick update...finished the internal of the Rhinos, just need to drybrush and wash the tracks now

Hoping to get that done Wednesday and order the Pleasant Surprise Thursday.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
Re: stretch_135 Blog (Pic Heavy) (Updated 12-05-2014)
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2014, 09:29:29 AM »
So the week's running away on me again...time for some updates though.

Tracks are finished on the Rhinos. These were done with a Tin Bitz base, drybrushed heavily with Leadbelcher (Boltgun Metal) and then washed with Agrax Earthshade (good old Devlan mud). This pic was taken after the top was glued onto the Rhino, hence the funny angle:

Tops are now glued down and waiting for them to dry...rubber band needed on the left one due to the ridiculously small contact between the top of the Rhino and the bit above the front tracks

GW suck and didn't answer my phone call today to confirm they were open, so having to put of ordering the Pleasant Surprise model until Saturday morning...in the mean time, I get to play with the new toys my wonderful girlfriend got me for my birthday last week :)

Basically everything that came in the GW toolkit that I was eyeing off, just 2/3 the price with 3 times as many options. Quick run down left to right:

-Razor saw and scalpel set
-File set
-Cutters
-Pin vice with bits 0.3mm-2mm
-Sculpting set

So all in all, I'm a very lucky man. To give the tools a test, been building the Harry the Hammer model that GW released for the 25th Anniversary celebrations a couple of years back...gave my girlfriend the choice of what I built with the new tools, so keen to see how he turns out :) So will be splitting time between Harry, the Rhinos and the Pleasant Surprise for the next few weeks...going to be busy!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 10:26:46 AM by stretch_135 »

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
Re: stretch_135 Blog (Pic Heavy) (Updated 27-05-2014)
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2014, 08:11:30 AM »
Been a busy time at the moment - work is out of control, but still finding some time for hobby. First up, traded out the Deathwing I picked up in the Space Marine lot for a variety of Empire...which actually added more black than red to my list. Though if anyone's interested in a Talisman Fire Mage (This Guy), let me know and we can talk trades. Pretty much new off sprue, mould lines and all. Nice model, but I've already painted him this year haha. To the list!

Incoming
Fulgrim +2
5 Phoenix Terminators +5
10 Tactical Marines +10
10 Devastators +10
5 Assault Terminators +5
5 Deathwing Knights +5
3 Centurions +9
1 Land Raider +10
5 Mk II Space Marines +5
1 Legion Champion +2
3 Centurions +9
5 Devastators +5
10 Tactical Marines +10
1 Stormtalon +5
1 Talisman Alchemist +2
1 Talisman Fire Mage +2
1 Talisman Chaos Mage +2
1 Talisman Shaman +2
1 Talisman High Priest +2
1 Talisman Astronomer +2
1 Luthor Huss +4
1 Blazing Sun standard bearer +2
1 Blazing Sun Grand Master +4

Outgoing
Fire Mage -2
Skaven Plague Furnace -5
5 Deathwing Knights -5

Total: +112

So, err, not good. I also have an Emperor's Children lot coming my way that's going to add another 30-ish points when it arrives. On the red side a few updates:
-Harry The Hammer - base is put together and waiting to be gap-filled. Then need to assemble Harry and undercoat the next time I get decent weather
-Pleasant Surprise - model is purchase and waiting to be built. May aim to get that done next week.
-Rhinos - put to one side for the moment
-Pistoliers - while waiting for Harry to dry, I pulled out some Pistoliers I started working on ages ago. I have two units I was working on at the same time (one of the 6th ed. metals and one of the 7th ed. plastics) and I decided to focus on the metals and get them done. I'd already done the main parts (weapons, armour, uniforms and some of the horses) so been smashing out the rest at a great pace for the last few days. Now down to details (sword hilts, details on the horses and feathers) then will base and put a pic up...hoping that will happen in the next day or two as I'm away next weekend (no painting time :( )

So, totally self-inflicted hit on the list this week...thinking ahead I'm debating doing some 30K Emperor's Children to start cutting into the masses of unpainted resin I have lying around. Probably won't happen until August at least at this rate haha. Stay tuned, hoping to have some more positive updates soon!

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
Re: stretch_135 Blog (Pic Heavy) (Updated 03-06-2014)
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2014, 08:28:30 AM »
Very close to a good news update - Pistoliers are nearly done, just have to do the lips and teeth on the horses and the feathers on the riders and they'll be done (bases are easy, so they don't count haha). Was hoping to get them done last week, but ran out of time and then was in sunny Sydney for the weekend (well, 50% of the trip was sunny...Saturday reminded me of Melbourne).

Not quite a good news update, as my EC shipment showed up to add more black to the list. Unpacking this has left me wanting to get painting on these guys more than ever...the Palatine Blades, Kakaphoni and Phoenix Terminator models are all absolutely gorgeous. I may just abandon 40K and move to 30K full time at this rate...

Fulgrim +2
5 Phoenix Terminators +5
10 Tactical Marines +10
10 Devastators +10
5 Assault Terminators +5
5 Deathwing Knights +5
3 Centurions +9
1 Land Raider +10
5 Mk II Space Marines +5
1 Legion Champion +2
3 Centurions +9
5 Devastators +5
10 Tactical Marines +10
1 Stormtalon +5
1 Talisman Alchemist +2
1 Talisman Fire Mage +2
1 Talisman Chaos Mage +2
1 Talisman Shaman +2
1 Talisman Astronomer +2
1 Luthor Huss +4
10 Kakaphoni (Chinaforge) +10
10 Palatine Blades +10
10 Phoenix Terminators +10
Fulgrim (Chinaforge) +2

Outgoing
Fire Mage -2
Skaven Plague Furnace -5
5 Deathwing Knights -5

Total: +144

I'm really not going so well here. Tonight's plan is into the Pistoliers...hoping to get the horse details done at least. And banning myself from any trading forums for the foreseeable future!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 08:31:26 AM by stretch_135 »

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
Re: stretch_135 Blog (Pic Heavy) (Updated 11-06-2014)
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2014, 08:06:00 AM »
Good news update :) Pistoliers are done (to a much better standard than my photography skills to say the least). Comments welcome:

Happy with how they came out...the faces on these guys were absolutely horrible, I don't know what GW were thinking. The Outrider was a lot of fun though, I think it's an old 5th ed. one but I'm not 100% sure.

Incoming

Fulgrim +2
5 Phoenix Terminators +5
10 Tactical Marines +10
10 Devastators +10
5 Assault Terminators +5
5 Deathwing Knights +5
3 Centurions +9
1 Land Raider +10
5 Mk II Space Marines +5
1 Legion Champion +2
3 Centurions +9
5 Devastators +5
10 Tactical Marines +10
1 Stormtalon +5
1 Talisman Alchemist +2
1 Talisman Fire Mage +2
1 Talisman Chaos Mage +2
1 Talisman Shaman +2
1 Talisman Astronomer +2
1 Luthor Huss +4
10 Palatine Blades +10
Fulgrim (Chinaforge) +2

Outgoing
Fire Mage -2
Skaven Plague Furnace -5
5 Deathwing Knights -5
5 Pistoliers (metal) -10

Total: +134

So a step in the right direction. I'm going to spend tonight and tomorrow night building Skaven (game on Saturday, so I'd like to have models on the table rather than blank bases) and then hopefully do a big spray session over the weekend (Harry The Hammer, Pleasant Surprise and Clanrats).

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
Re: stretch_135 Blog (Pic Heavy) (Updated 15-06-2014)
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2014, 02:14:54 AM »
Spent yesterday at the gaming club and ended up playing Zombicide as fantasy is not real popular around there at the moment (much anti-GW rage). Great game, highly recommend it to people looking for an easy pick up and play board game. We probably could have played 3-4 games of it, but we talked so much crap we struggled to get through one. Painting up the game tokens as well adds a huuuuge amount of fun to gameplay.

I took along my box of stuff to get rid of as well and managed to sell of the SM codex, Talisman Chaos Mage, Talisman Fire Mage and Chinaforge Fulgrim - so it was a great day out for me and my painting list!

Fulgrim +2
5 Phoenix Terminators +5
10 Tactical Marines +10
10 Devastators +10
5 Assault Terminators +5
5 Deathwing Knights +5
3 Centurions +9
1 Land Raider +10
5 Mk II Space Marines +5
1 Legion Champion +2
3 Centurions +9
5 Devastators +5
10 Tactical Marines +10
1 Stormtalon +5
1 Talisman Alchemist +2
1 Talisman Fire Mage +2
1 Talisman Chaos Mage +2
1 Talisman Shaman +2
1 Talisman Astronomer +2
1 Luthor Huss +4
10 Palatine Blades +10
Fulgrim (Chinaforge) +2

Outgoing
Fire Mage -2
Skaven Plague Furnace -5
5 Deathwing Knights -5
5 Pistoliers (metal) -10
1 Talisman Fire Mage -2
1 Talisman Chaos Mage -2
Fulgrim (Chinaforge) -2

Total: +128

Today I'm working on Harry The Hammer and the Pleasant Surprise to hopefully get them sprayed...going to abandon the Clanrats for the moment in the interest of actually getting things done!