home

Author Topic: Show us your Buildings, Castles, Towers, Scenery & Terrain  (Read 53162 times)

Offline cjp

• Members
Show us your Buildings, Castles, Towers, Scenery & Terrain
« on: February 24, 2013, 08:21:11 PM »
I searched around and really only found two short threads about this, and neither really got off the ground.

I've seen some pretty amazing empire specific terrrain in threads here, and some just standard WHFB (non-empire specific) stuff too. I really enjoy the 'show us your' threads, so I thought it might be a good idea to collect some of this stuff for centralized viewing. Could be inspiring to all, and especially new players.

Care to pile on?

I'll start with a few of mine....

Resin houses from Armorcast. Classic empire style, for my money:

An Inn, from the same range:

Some tribal houses from the fringes of the empire (Hudson & Allen scottish villiage sets)

Keeping a watch over the borders:

The forgotten heroes of a forgotten war:

Fences for farms etc. I like having livestock pens as impassible terrain in my battles. I don't know why :)

A broken down tower, for the local kids to play in. Except when the patrols are nearby.

More ruins from the remote border counties

A shrine

And since Mordheim, IS in the empire, some of my ruins from that blasted town:

And the most vile thing I've ever made, a corrupted cathedral for my undead hordes.  I guess it could fit into mordheim, so I'll include it here, even though its a bit more out of character ;)

(forgive the slapdash details... I made it in about 1998, and it was the first time I'd ever attempted anything like this :) )

LETS SEE MORE!  :D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 01:31:07 PM by Midaski »

Offline Maza

• Members
Fantastic! My favourite is the Celtic style ruins with a single warrior. Very nice composition. That fountain is really great too!

I'll try to post something here later this week.  :::cheers:::

Offline somegeezer

• Members
I love the Mordheim ruins. A nice change from half-timbered buildings (which I'm also guilty of - I've a half-finished Perry cottage on the painting table).
My Middenheim plog:
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=45674.0

Sporadic ramblings about wargaming (not just Warhammer):
http://wgrevival.wordpress.com/

Offline Gorgash Redfang

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Ostermark "Themed" Army
I also love scenery, there is nothing that adds fluff better than scenery IMHO. I have always made scenery when started any army, it helped me to get into the theme of that army)I also have 40K Nid stuff and did that too)
A few of my terrain pieces, one day I will get around to getting pics of the rest and finishing some others in progress, I still have a Witchfate Tor. Tower of Sorcery to base and paint up

I am going to sell these two as they were the first I had built and the scale is too big for my liking, if you could get the horse through the door you have enough head clearance to ride around inside lol
The top of the Tower is removable

and just off in the badlands a few Orc things I have made

Then make three times that. It should be enough for half the roof Glue
You could certainly amass quite a collection of testicles

Offline JensDk

• Members
Cool stuff indeed!! I've only done 40k terrain I recent years so my showcase is somewhat more humble.

Here is a Merchant manor I build from cardboard a few years back. Also a Warhammer tower from the 90ies.

I really think that the balconies and the 2 small outhouses/addon lean-to add alot of empire-resque feel to the building.

The house comes apart in 3 pieces, can see more pictures in the blog in the signature.

Offline cjp

• Members
I'm not a very orky fellow myself, but thats a pretty great looking ork fort, Gorgash :)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
I've got too much to show here, I think. I have/had a thread dedicated to terrain, but it's been quiet for a while. My goal was a bunch of generic terrain, plus all of the WFB specific terrain...

Gentlemen, behold! Terraplog:

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=37395.msg583576

Offline White Knight

• Members
All shown on here before, but here are mine so far:

Ziterdes  hardfoam:

Lemax well (with marauder mini stool):

Scratchbuilt:

Superplay castle set main building (with some enhancements):

Offline steveb

• Members
one of my city gates..  steveb

city plaza.....

wizard's tower...

shrine to Morr...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 02:23:21 PM by steveb »

Offline arjunstc

• Members
Sure.

PMC Games prepainted resin buildings.

Scratch-built pig sty.

Amera ruins and plastercast Isle of Lewis chess pieces.

Graveyard with tombstones from Fantascene and crypt from Thomarillion.

Church scratch-built by a friend in enclosure by PMC Games.

Beastmen Herdstone with a fridge magnet of the Phaistos Disk as centrepiece.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 08:15:46 AM by arjunstc »

Offline Maza

• Members
Amazing terrain everyone!

I have a few small contributions, mostly made with a clay-like putty.

House

Standing stones

Bases for trees

Offline cjp

• Members
Love seeing these everyone!

Here's a standing stone I forgot:

Offline The Ol Perfesser

• Members
Really like the look of the standing stones CJP and Maza!   :::cheers:::
Never make predictions, especially about the future.

Offline Swan-of-War

• Members
I really should have had a bigger foam cutter for the Grail Chapel hillsides ...

Check out my blog at Warriors of Mustache

Offline cjp

• Members
I like the tower-hillside combo, Swan, neat idea nicely done. 

Steveb- really like that plaza too!

Your wallowing pigs are great Maza :)  Nice cemetary too... there have been a dearth of really good cemetery fences out there in 28mm too, so nice work with those. I almost picked them up but wanted something taller. I have some from ... Lemax I think? That are a little /too/ tall, and I've been putting off cutting them down to size and pulling my finger out on a cemetary of my own.  One of these days. :/

Offline Etrigan001

• Members
Some pieces I made with Mordheim in mind...

A Tower

A chapel

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
Excellent work !

The houses could do with a bit more detailing, but are already fine.
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Maza

• Members
Your wallowing pigs are great Maza :)  Nice cemetary too... there have been a dearth of really good cemetery fences out there in 28mm too, so nice work with those. I almost picked them up but wanted something taller. I have some from ... Lemax I think? That are a little /too/ tall, and I've been putting off cutting them down to size and pulling my finger out on a cemetary of my own.  One of these days. :/

I wish they were mine but just for the record that was arjunstcs stuff!  :-)

Offline fbjorn

• Members
Love all of it!

One of my stuff (add some more soon).

fbjorn

Offline cjp

• Members

I wish they were mine but just for the record that was arjunstcs stuff!  :-)

:eusa_wall:  Scrolled too fast. My apologies. :)

Love the reflecting pool, Fbjorn

Offline thundercake

• Members
Man, I need some scenery.......
Don't underestimate a halfling, their ladle will do a number on your stomach, and on your head.

Offline fbjorn

• Members
Here are some farm houses made from icecream sticks.

And a wall section i use.

And finally a haunted house

:::cheers:::
fbjorn

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
Some lovely terrain & buildings! Keep them coming guys!  :::cheers:::

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Here's the terrain piece I've worked on most recently, last of a batch being made for my Tilean campaign. It's a ruined tower, and should feature as a centrepiece in the first battle.

Here you can see how I had to construct the ruins (fallen masonry and half burned timbers) on the base so that they would be inside the ruined tower ...

Here are a couple of completion shots - I wish I'd taken one straight downwards so you could see the wrecked wooden floor and the rubble down below more clearly. I got the burned wood effect by using bits of wood, painting them, then actually burning them!

And here's a first attempt at an atmospheric shot ...

Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Earlsyd

• Members
  • Just when I thought i was out...
Some very nice looking scenery here. I have an ostland style house to put up

There is another house on my plog, its scratch built but im gunna convert it to a pub cause its just to big to be a house, i will upload photos here once converted.  :-)

Love all of it!

One of my stuff (add some more soon).

fbjorn
How did u do ur pool, my water effects always seem to bubble and peel off!.
Whats to say, i play with toy soldiers, and enjoy it.

Empire record 2/0/1