home

Author Topic: Gamer thread  (Read 812478 times)

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
Re: Gamer thread
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2011, 02:43:02 PM »
Reach was the last Halo by Bungie. MS announced the creation of 343i right after Reach launched, specifically to continue the Halo franchise.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2011, 04:22:59 PM »
Isn't Grutch working on the new one for MS  :icon_question:

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2011, 05:09:57 PM »
the new Wii U has blown my mind! ::heretic::
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2011, 05:16:42 PM »
Didn't people say that about the Wii? And it turned out to be crap?

Yeah. We'll see.
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2011, 05:22:23 PM »
Nntendo is finally getting on board. Better graphics, online play, and you can play while someone else is using the TV.  Plus they are bringing popular mainstream games to the Wii U like the next assasin's creed and ghost recon.
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2011, 05:25:03 PM »
That's a step in the right direction, yes.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2011, 05:27:52 PM »
long over due too IMHO.  :happy:
― Jake the Dog

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2011, 05:28:52 PM »
Coming back to "hardcore" gamers.

The controller looks ridiculous. and how much will the controller be, £60?
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2011, 05:30:29 PM »
Coming back to "hardcore" gamers.

The controller looks ridiculous. and how much will the controller be, £60?
we dont even know at this point if it requires an entirely new system or if you have to inject steroids into your Wii.  Who knows.

edit: watching G4 interview one of the top men of nintendo and he has confirmed its a brand new console that is Wii backwards capability.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 05:41:09 PM by Feanor Fire Heart »
― Jake the Dog

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2011, 07:35:31 PM »
am I the only one who thinks that Staw Wars Kinect looks cluncky and dumb?
― Jake the Dog

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2011, 07:46:48 PM »
I'm actually enjoying the Wii. So there.

I've racked up more days in playing time on Goldeneye than I care to mention.

It would be nice to have some of those other games as an option too though. I'd have considered getting the latest CoD as that's on Wii too, but having played it on the 360, decided it was too clunky and annoying. I'll stick with the silky smooth 007.
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2011, 08:50:59 PM »
I was not really interested in Skyrim until now.  Scott howard, one of the Devs present at E3 has swayed me.  I am excited for this game.
finally an Elder scroll game I can play that has dual wielding weapons and spells.  not to mention go dragon hunting.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2011, 09:25:01 PM »
I was not interested in a Kinect until I saw what they are starting to do with it. Ghost Recon looks like it might be the first FPS you can actually play without a controller. For hardcore precision control you'll definitely still need a controller though, but it looked pretty good.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Firey Baps

• Members
  • Quo Fata Vocant
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2011, 10:14:56 PM »
Damn, I had always hoped they would call the next gen Wii the Pu.

I can't wait for Skyrim because it seems to have everything in it I could possibly want in a game, and the fights with the dragons look absolutely epic, especially when that Giant gets nailed. All of the races look brilliant as well, the Orcs certainly look like they could kick some serious bum holery. I'd of liked to see some kind of drop-in co op just so I could play with my friends, we are all getting it and I'd love to go exploring those 150 dungeons in a group. Instead I fear it will end up like New Vegas, where the four of us are in a party playing the same game but not in the same game. I've always wanted an RPG on the console where you can play in co op and not deal with the sad people who play FPS games, where it becomes impossible to play the game for fun.

The entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2011, 10:17:28 PM »

I can't wait for Skyrim because it seems to have everything in it I could possibly want in a game, and the fights with the dragons look absolutely epic, especially when that Giant gets nailed. All of the races look brilliant as well, the Orcs certainly look like they could kick some serious bum holery. I'd of liked to see some kind of drop-in co op just so I could play with my friends, we are all getting it and I'd love to go exploring those 150 dungeons in a group. Instead I fear it will end up like New Vegas, where the four of us are in a party playing the same game but not in the same game. I've always wanted an RPG on the console where you can play in co op and not deal with the sad people who play FPS games, where it becomes impossible to play the game for fun.

Fable 3 did a great job of drop in online co-op. I really enjoyed playing that game with my friends. I was hoping Skyrim could do something like that. Who knows, maybe it will? It might just be too big to allow it though.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2011, 10:23:36 PM »
Shame it was an awful game and I hate you so much CoD. (I didn't find it fun personally, and it was far too simplistic with magic).

Especially because you share the initials of the most overrated and hyped series ever made.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2011, 11:23:11 PM »
Shame it was an awful game and I hate you so much CoD. (I didn't find it fun personally, and it was far too simplistic with magic).

Especially because you share the initials of the most overrated and hyped series ever made.

To be fair, I was around long before Call of Duty. In fact, I began using the CannonofDoom moniker well before 2003 when Call of Doodee first released.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 11:25:36 PM by CannonofDoom »

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2011, 02:30:22 AM »

It will be single player. If they ever do multiplayer, it will undoubtably be some sort of MMO-type thing.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2011, 06:25:10 AM »

It will be single player. If they ever do multiplayer, it will undoubtably be some sort of MMO-type thing.

It's a shame. Skyrim looks like it would be PERFECT for drop in multiplayer.

Looks like I'll have to play Dead Island if I want a good drop in multiplayer scrapper.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2011, 07:09:25 AM »
I am interested in that dead island game....nice zombie trailer.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2011, 07:34:04 AM »
I am interested in that dead island game....nice zombie trailer.

I saw a gameplay presentation and it looked pretty amazing. The crafting system is really in depth, and you can drop in on your friends and give them crap.

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2011, 07:46:31 AM »
Will definitely be getting both Dead Island and Skyrim... Maybe I should put my education on hold...
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2011, 07:58:07 AM »
Will definitely be getting both Dead Island and Skyrim... Maybe I should put my education on hold...

You don't need no education. You don't need no thought control. No dark sarcasm in the classroom ....

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2011, 09:08:11 AM »
What the hell!? :P
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2011, 11:02:32 AM »
Skyrim looks amazing, but there is no way it will work on my computer.

Or will it be on some sort of console as well as PC? Xbox maybe?
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.