home

Author Topic: The Imaginarum of Spjuth - KotBR Musician done  (Read 84485 times)

Offline Spjuth

• Members
Re: Spjuth's Knights of the Black Rose
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 08:38:04 PM »
And a tutorial for the heraldic kind of rose:

First step is to press out the GS into a centagonal shape pentagon.

Then shape the area into three rows of petals (like on the previous rose). But here each of the rows will include five petals, and the innermost only one.

Then make the shapes clearer by dividing the areas with a sharp tool. I've also pressed down the GS around the line between the middle rows petals. This shape will be thorns.

Then flatten out all the petals.

Then as with the other rose, just go over all the details when the GS has dried up slightly.
Voilą!

Don't mind the painting on this knight. As with the others it's really old. I'll repaint him when the whole unit is done.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:44:01 AM by Spjuth »

Offline kwest

• Members
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2011, 08:50:08 PM »
These are gorgeous. Thanks for the GS guide!

Offline Commander Bernhardt

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2011, 09:08:04 PM »
man, your tutorials make it seem so easy! I don't think I'm up to that yet.
But tomorrow I'll try to make a rose using your guide just for some practice. Thanks for the great tutorial!

the knights are really cool! It will be cool to see them painted
President Merkin Muffley: Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Offline Spjuth

• Members
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2011, 05:22:37 AM »
Thanks guys. And no problem with the tutorial. Only fun if someone gets use of it.

Yes please try it. And see how good the tutorial actually is. It's easy to miss steps, since I don't really think in steps while sculpting myself, but rather just sculpt...

Offline Shadowwolf

• Members
  • Post quality makes you a veteran gamer!
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2011, 08:41:08 AM »
Yeah, that was rather useful!  :::cheers::: Maybe except for the "And then you sculpt the details" part :unsure: I never seem to get that "sculpt" part right.

But the knights are amazing! I especially like the way you've redesigned the barding for the horses! Well done

Shadowwolf
On the right only red, to your left all is white
Ev'ryone's holding, stay in the fight!
White to the right side, left only red
Run like the others, or you'll end up dead!
Talabheim State Troop proverb
Deviantart? http://dlshadowwolf.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline Spjuth

• Members
Spjuth's plog, NMM attempt (Reiksguard knight)
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2012, 12:19:54 PM »
*Scroll of resurrection*

So, I've barely done anything this semester, since I'm writing my Master's thesis in Historical Archaeology. Not much time over for less fun stuff then, heh!
Though I've made some sporadic sculpting, and as soon as the thesis in done, I'll upload more of the Green/Grey stuff thing.

Anyway, I couldn't resist making some attempts at NMM this morning instead of studying.
The models is really speed painted, took about an hour or so. So what ya thinkin'!?

I know the purple doesn't go that well with the blue of the metal, and there is quite may rough areas.
But something like this the armour on the knights might look:

Any comments, critic, suggestions etc are welcome!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 01:16:26 PM by Spjuth »

Offline Stolzeuhu

• Members
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2012, 02:00:33 PM »
Black knight of Morr!
I really like the armour, that kind of shade would look really good on Reikgsguard KO. And the sword is even better.

I understand Your pain with Master Thesis very well - my aracane battle altars and greatsword are also more tempting than studying, but I need to focus!
"Victory awaits him who has everything in order -- luck, people call it. Defeat is certain for him who has neglected to take the necessary precautions in time; this is called bad luck." - Roald Amundsen, possibly about battlegaming

Offline TheElectorCount43

• Members
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2012, 02:27:18 PM »
Awesome...
:::cheers:::
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 09:57:39 PM by TheElectorCount43 »

Offline Maza

• Members
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2012, 06:51:57 PM »
Looks really good, especially from the angles of the 2nd and 3d pics, like bright silver armour.

Also, amazing GS work in your previous posts, both conceptual and technical.

Now go finish your theses guys! Focus! All the fun stuff will be waiting for you, so give it time and do it well. :-)

Offline Stolzeuhu

• Members
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2012, 07:17:33 PM »
I'm not sure, but I think that You have also painted his codpiece metallic. I may be wrong, I don't know this model, maybe it's just part of the aromur
"Victory awaits him who has everything in order -- luck, people call it. Defeat is certain for him who has neglected to take the necessary precautions in time; this is called bad luck." - Roald Amundsen, possibly about battlegaming

Offline Henerius

• Members
  • not Henry
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2012, 08:23:16 PM »
First step is to press out the GS into a centagonal(?) shape.
pentagon  :icon_wink:

First time I looked into youre blog, I regret that now, youre greens are spectacular.  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: 

Quote from: Commander Bernhardt
don't listin to the evil Henerius
Quote from: steveb
if your fantasy world is not real enough, take two aspirins and go paint.  steveb

Offline Spjuth

• Members
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2012, 05:04:21 PM »
Black knight of Morr!
I really like the armour, that kind of shade would look really good on Reikgsguard KO. And the sword is even better.

I understand Your pain with Master Thesis very well - my aracane battle altars and greatsword are also more tempting than studying, but I need to focus!

Thank you.
And yes, painful, but also quite fun actually. Just boored by working with it for such a long time... But well, I'll be quite surpirced if I don't get hte highest grade  :smile2:

I'm not sure, but I think that You have also painted his codpiece metallic. I may be wrong, I don't know this model, maybe it's just part of the aromur

Oh I dodn't think of that, if just a blond, so I think it could go either way. But well checked it up and GW painted it as cloth during 3rd ed...

Awesome...

Looks really good, especially from the angles of the 2nd and 3d pics, like bright silver armour.

Also, amazing GS work in your previous posts, both conceptual and technical.

Now go finish your theses guys! Focus! All the fun stuff will be waiting for you, so give it time and do it well. :-)

Thanks sir! Had ventilation today, so only one and a half week left to make corrections, then I'm done!  :happy:

First step is to press out the GS into a centagonal(?) shape.
pentagon  :icon_wink:

First time I looked into youre blog, I regret that now, youre greens are spectacular.  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: 

Hehe, thanks for your comments!

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2012, 05:09:20 PM »
Would you sir not have a metal codpiece??

Offline Blue in vt

• Members
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2012, 05:19:07 PM »
Hey hey!  congrats on closing in on your masters thesis completion from another archaeologist....though I'm of the underwater type.  Getting my thesis done was one of the great accomplishments of my life....so go get it DONE son!   :::cheers:::

BTW your figures look awesome too.

Blue
My Painting and Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

Offline Spjuth

• Members
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2012, 07:18:06 PM »
Would you sir not have a metal codpiece??

Yeah, that's how I thought...

Hey hey!  congrats on closing in on your masters thesis completion from another archaeologist....though I'm of the underwater type.  Getting my thesis done was one of the great accomplishments of my life....so go get it DONE son!   :::cheers:::

Blue

Great, there seems to be quite some archaeologist around here  :biggriin:
Haven't really thought of it that way, but yes, I guess it will be.

Thank you sir, and the same to you, your Chaos Dwarfs are some of my favourites!

Offline Spjuth

• Members
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2012, 08:20:10 PM »
Dammit! Just dropped my First knight to the floor, broke in five pieces...  ::heretic::

Offline Maza

• Members
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2012, 08:24:07 PM »
NOOOOO!

It's a message from God. He's telling you to focus on your thesis.

But really, sorry, hope you can put it back together, they are amazing.

Offline Spjuth

• Members
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012, 06:33:02 AM »
Haha yeah, I was going to read through three fellow students theses yesterday, and fell asleep in the middle of the first.

But I don't think its that bad. He fell out of his saddle and broke a leg, easy to fix, especially since it's not much done on him yet. The horse though broke (Spoiler alert) two horns, they will be worse to fix. No green was hurt!

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2012, 08:09:38 AM »
It seems you know the priniciples of the NMM technique, the knight looks perfectely painted. Now it only needs some washes and glazes and you are good to go.
Pretty good for one hour.
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline Qrab

• Members
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2012, 01:15:36 PM »

Blue

Haven't really thought of it that way, but yes, I guess it will be.

Thank you sir, and the same to you, your Chaos Dwarfs are some of my favourites!

Another archaeologist checking in.

Look forward to seeing more sculpting from you.

Offline Spjuth

• Members
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2012, 04:55:41 PM »
It seems you know the priniciples of the NMM technique, the knight looks perfectely painted. Now it only needs some washes and glazes and you are good to go.
Pretty good for one hour.

Thank you for your comment!
And yeah, I'll work through a few more and make sure I'm happy with them before applying glaze. Don't really know what glaze to use either. Anyone tried the new set? Last time I used glaze, was the old 'ardcoat which kind of ruined the paintjob.

Another archaeologist checking in.

Look forward to seeing more sculpting from you.

Lovely to hear! What's your specific topic of study?

I promise the wait won't be too long, I have a planned uploads on my desk, just want to get the some details done first, and the thesis before that.

Uploaded a second NMM attempt in the meanwhile, the Moon Duke is joining the fighting ranks as a Great Sword Axe:

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2012, 05:35:51 PM »
First, what an awesome mini this is, where the hell did you get it, ebay? Badass alltheway. :::cheers:::

...and second, again a perfect NMM, you do have the knowhow. Do I see some OSL on the left side of the helmet and on the left leg, or is it just an orange stain?
About  the glazes: steel usually reflects light in blue tones, so blue glaze should be your first choice.

:eusa_clap:
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."

Offline Spjuth

• Members
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2012, 06:02:59 PM »
First, what an awesome mini this is, where the hell did you get it, ebay? Badass alltheway. :::cheers:::

...and second, again a perfect NMM, you do have the knowhow. Do I see some OSL on the left side of the helmet and on the left leg, or is it just an orange stain?
About  the glazes: steel usually reflects light in blue tones, so blue glaze should be your first choice.

:eusa_clap:

It's a lovely model! An yes got it from a Swedish version of ebay, as it is slightly older than I am!
http://www.solegends.com/citboxes/bc7heroes.htm
Only got this one though, I would love to have the whole set!

Thanks! I'm not familiar with the term OSL, but yes it's made intentionally the mirror the reflection of the cloak. There is some purple around the handle too, not as visible unfortunately.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:21:46 PM by Spjuth »

Offline DariusZero

• Members
Re: Spjuth's plog - GS Knights & NMM OOP:s
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2012, 08:27:19 PM »
http://www.solegends.com/citboxes/bc7heroes.htm

Nice set,  among others I would choose like Gladius too, others sligthly less.

OSL is an abbreviation from object source lighting, commonly used among miniature painters to describe reflection from another source than just common daylight, like lava field, candle light etc.

You have made a good attempt at it, otherwise I wouldn't recognize it, thou with some glazes on top  it would merge with the armour more naturaly.

Offline Blue in vt

• Members
Re: Spjuth's plog - GS Knights & NMM OOP:s
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2012, 02:03:28 AM »
 :::cheers:::  the moon duke looks amazing...a truly classic figure painted to a high standard...well done indeed!

Cheers,

Blue
My Painting and Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/