home

Author Topic: Rank and File base creation  (Read 5421 times)

Offline The Ol Perfesser

• Members
Re: Rank and File base creation
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2014, 10:38:11 AM »
After an experience I had with photography I will never judge a model by a picture.

Truth.  The camera can be very unforgiving.  This photo is taken in a very harsh light.  I suspect you used a flash?

I think you have a fairly good start. 
Cheers!
 :::cheers::: :::cheers:::
Never make predictions, especially about the future.

Offline Rhaegal

• Members
Painting Skin
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2014, 11:02:09 AM »
I used the camera from my mobile and poor light condition. My "normal" digital camera is from ~ 2004. This isn't an improvement.
If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.

Offline somegeezer

• Members
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2014, 02:23:12 PM »
Sometimes it can just be luck. Under my painting lamp my phone takes much better pictures than my proper camera. Its predecessor did, too.

If a lucky phone purchase doesn't work, a spot of gimpy post-processing a la Chumley might be helpful.
My Middenheim plog:
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=45674.0

Sporadic ramblings about wargaming (not just Warhammer):
http://wgrevival.wordpress.com/

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2014, 07:34:45 PM »
I try to find a way to make a base for rank and file troops, that looks like it was made like all of a piece.

I too have been trying to do this - and I have done some work on it. I should get a picture and share it, once I have fixed the inherent problems with it! But your work looks excellent and very exciting.

I made a large base the size of the unit out of laminated plasticard, with details glued on the top, and then cut it up. But I think I did not weight it for long enough - because the bases have curved and cupped slightly :( I am going to fix this by getting some other plasticard and gluing it to the bottom (with a magnet in place, to allow for movement trays) and then use putty to seal the curved edges. The curve will not be a problem, I think, once that is done.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.