home

Author Topic: 40k 5th edition  (Read 3214 times)

Offline Helborg

• Members
40k 5th edition
« on: May 05, 2008, 02:20:45 PM »
Not sure what to make of this other than I'm pretty peeved because I just bought maccragge about a month ago, ah well my birthdays in 2 weeks time I'll buy the book with the huge ammount o money I get  :wink:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhammer40000/

Sanj
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 04:04:06 PM by Helborg »
i should really pull my trousers up now.  :icon_eek:

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: 40k 5th edition
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 02:27:13 PM »
What is going on here - I thought they did a new version less than a couple of years ago?

I am not worried for myself as I have only ever played about 3 games of 40K and the last was probably about 8 years ago ...........

.... but my 12 year old nephew has joined a club at his school and I found him some Chaos Space Marines buried in a drawer. He has bought the new Chaos codex, and was asking for the Rulebook for his birthday in July?

:icon_rolleyes:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 02:33:11 PM »
he propably has it from the mother side....chaos worshipping well...the youth of today  :unsure:

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 02:41:10 PM »
Seriously Midaski... what don't you have hidden somewhere in your house?... :icon_wink:

Hmm suits me well, since I play 40k but still havent bought the book..
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline Fafnir

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 03:41:56 PM »
Seriously Midaski... what don't you have hidden somewhere in your house?... :icon_wink:

Jimmy Hoffa.
EDIT: see Africa for more examples ...

Offline Helborg

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 04:08:10 PM »
I hope space marines are i the new boxed set to replace macragge it'll help me expand my army and get the new rulebook

sanj
i should really pull my trousers up now.  :icon_eek:

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 08:16:49 PM »
he propably has it from the mother side....chaos worshipping well...the youth of today  :unsure:

He's not got any of my blood  :icon_wink: - he is the son of my wife's brother.

However the Chaos stuff I gave him was from my younger son who had Chaos for both 40k and Fantasy as his starter armies about 9 years ago, but he lost interest and went to PC games, and hasn't played for probably 4 years. In effect he said his cousin could have them ........

Seriously Midaski... what don't you have hidden somewhere in your house?...

Well I really only have 3 hiding places:
- the loft, which needs a step ladder to reach, but has become less 'safe' since the sons got older and the wife a bit more nosey adventurous

- my home office, which has a few small places where some items may be obscured by files and papers

- the gamesroom which has cupboards & shelves, and boxes and boxes of all shapes and sizes, and the wife rarely ventures in to, and if she does, she has no idea what is old or new, and when it was 'acquired'.

................ however none of these hiding places are big enough to hide the concubines ..........

:engel:

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 08:32:42 PM »
*Looks up Concubine in the dictionary*

HAh!  :::cheers:::

Well... you still didnt answer my question.. what don't you have?.. except Jimmy Hoffa?
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline Donnachaidh

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 09:28:07 PM »
Well... you still didnt answer my question.. what don't you have?.. except Jimmy Hoffa?

Youth....!!!!!!!! :icon_biggrin:
Without so much as a damn your eyes for the inconvenience

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 10:14:42 PM »

Youth....!!!!!!!! :icon_biggrin:

Ho Ho Ho! Pops in now and then and just hurls abuse .........  :icon_wink:

Other things I haven't got:

Any form of Scotland shirt.

A video of Scotland's World Cup Glories.

A 'volatile' wife

:engel:

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 11:11:58 PM »
.... but my 12 year old nephew has joined a club at his school and I found him some Chaos Space Marines buried in a drawer. He has bought the new Chaos codex, and was asking for the Rulebook for his birthday in July?

:icon_rolleyes:
:biggriin:

Midaski sits his son down

Midaski, 'Son, do you have anything to tell me?'

Son, 'No, why?'

Midaski holds up a bag of chaos warriors

Midaski, 'I found these in your drawer...'

Son, 'They're... they're not mine!'

:happy:
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline CaptScott

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 03:45:02 AM »
I've recently just started an Eldar army, and I've already got myself a falcon and wave serpent.  :sigh:  :cry:

Those who have been following the 5th ed rumours will know what I mean.

I hope space marines are i the new boxed set to replace macragge it'll help me expand my army and get the new rulebook

Well the rumours  :roll: are looking good.  The new box set is supposed to fairly cheap and absolutely packed with minis (like battle of skull pass).  Its even rumoured to come with a plastic space marine dreadnaught!

Your in luck!  Release date is July 12!  And if you have to get the old box, hopefully GW is going to provide a voucher for the new rule book (like they did for 7th ed WFB).

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 07:57:39 AM by CaptScott »
2010 - The year of Empire.
2011 - The year of Empire!

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 07:36:18 AM »
And if you have to get the old box, hopefully GW is going to provide a voucher for the new rule book (like they did for 7th ed WFB).

I don't play 40k, and have no intention to.

But I may just buy the starter to get a copy of the rulebook - just because... :roll:
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 08:05:20 AM »
I know what you mean, CaptScott, I made nice conversion of a Vyper armed with Scatter laser and belly mounted shuricannon, making sure the belly mounted cannon looked nice. I had powercables attached and all that nice stuff. I was going to turn my third Vyper into a similar one when the water broke...

Well, I will either make the third into a simple shurivyper or a lancevyper.

I still belive though that a Wave Serpent would be good for my force. I got a falcon already and even if they will be able to lay down less smackdown than before, they will still be good, and remember, they will still be able to bring your infantry faster and safer across the board, especially the Serpent.
The Serpents turret weapons are twin-linked, meaning they will not be affected as the Falcons, where you will have to decide on whether you should fire your scatterlas or your pulse laser if you have moved most of the time.

So go for a wave serpent, add some nice stuff to itīs tower, and sally forth. I already got pretty many infantry units, 1 Guardian squad, a ranger squad and a Dire Avenger squad, and one Avenger squad awaiting the brush. A Third Avengers squad seems a nice option now, or a second ranger squad. The Guardians will keep doing what they do and follow the wraithlord, and I may add a second wraithlord instead of a tank, to fill out my HS choices.
Goal is to have units for a whole Force chart minimum! :icon_mrgreen:
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!