home

Author Topic: Upcoming and Current Movies ...  (Read 176766 times)

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
Re: Upcoming and Current Movies ...
« Reply #1325 on: March 20, 2019, 08:13:06 PM »
build  :happy:
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1326 on: March 20, 2019, 11:12:15 PM »
That'd be the logical choice.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Michael W

• Members
  • In the Name of the Emperor since 2001
« Reply #1327 on: March 21, 2019, 09:13:44 PM »
The fire really makes no sense in that siege - Saladin wanted the city intact (sort of like Mehmed II with Constantinople).  And he knew the defenders didn't have the strength to actually hold out - their military force had been destroyed at Hattin.
Let them taste Reikland steel!
----------------------------

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1328 on: March 22, 2019, 11:32:24 PM »
If the buildings get burnt down, what's the occupier going to do with no buildings? :icon_wink:

If it was Ghengis, there woukdn’t be any occupants for buildings after the siege anyway.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #1329 on: March 26, 2019, 11:01:06 PM »
I caught the trailer for Toy story 4 and I couldn't help but think of this

Toy story 1: Woody's selfish antics result in he and Buzz being captured by Sid and nearly destroyed
Toy story 2: Woody's selfish antics result in the group either being crushed on a runway or getting shipped to Japan
Toy story 3: Woody's selfish antics result in the group nearly being incinerated

I get the feeling Toy story 4 [by the trailer] will be about Woody abandoning the group in favour of trying to hook up with an old flame.
Am I the only person on the planet who thinks Woody is the real villain of Toy story?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1330 on: March 26, 2019, 11:41:03 PM »
Not sure about being the real villain, but maybe an anti-hero?

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #1331 on: April 02, 2019, 01:18:41 AM »
I haven't seen "I'm gonna git you sucka!" in over a decade. I caught the ending half when I got home today and was reminded how amazing it was. To the uninitiated, think of the movie Airplane but instead of it being a spoof of airplane disaster movies, it spoofs blaxploitation movies. Written, directed, and staring Keenen Ivory Wayans.
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #1332 on: April 04, 2019, 02:27:37 PM »
― Jake the Dog

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #1333 on: April 12, 2019, 05:41:38 PM »
Star Wars 9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adzYW5DZoWs

I am excited!!!!!  :Ohmy:
― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1334 on: April 13, 2019, 08:51:14 PM »
Hmmm ... The Rise of Skywalker, and interesting title.  it said it was the end of the saga and it also said no one is ever really gone.  Hmmm.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #1335 on: April 14, 2019, 12:33:15 PM »
I don't know what to expect from it. I think its a bit too early to tell so I'll just wait until it comes to rentbox

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #1336 on: April 14, 2019, 01:03:26 PM »
Disney said that after this one they will stop making Star Wars films for a bit. May be a good idea rather than have 1-2 every year. Star Wars Fatigue is a real thing.

Here's something from the trailer (bottom) that someone on twitter noticed from Rey's vision from TLJ (top). I thought it was an A-wing when I watched the trailer, but the ships seem identical.
― Jake the Dog

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #1337 on: April 15, 2019, 06:37:14 AM »
I'm exited too! Really looking forward to it!
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1338 on: April 15, 2019, 01:30:04 PM »
I am keeping away from spoilers. Havent watched any of the other trailers beforehand.  So please give warnings  :-)

That said, that picture comparison is fine.
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #1339 on: April 16, 2019, 11:39:21 AM »
Disney said that after this one they will stop making Star Wars films for a bit. May be a good idea rather than have 1-2 every year. Star Wars Fatigue is a real thing.

I think it's a shame they stopped the Obi Won movie, tbh.

There will be some Star Wars television which looks like it's going to Disney+, and I'm fine with that (outside of the exclusivity).  I still love Star Wars and am fine with well made stuff.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1340 on: April 16, 2019, 03:10:42 PM »
I liked where Solo was heading, but I think the main actor (Hsn) didnt have enough arsehole in him, which the role really needs.

Also, over the weekend, wife and I watched Netflix teen movie “the perfect date”. Main female actor in it, Laura Marano to my mind looks like she could play Leia, if it ever came up.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #1341 on: April 16, 2019, 03:48:27 PM »
I felt the actor in Solo was up to snuff and really played off of the idea that Han thinks he's the bad guy but is really the good guy, whereas Lando is the opposite, he's a bad guy that thinks he is a good guy. There were moments that I felt "yeah, this is totally Han." and other moments where I felt like "This doesn't sound like Han." I don;t think Solo deserves the hate it gets. Don;t get me wrong, it wasn't the greatest movie of all time, but it also wasn't the worst either. I felt it had better pacing than Rogue One and is roughly on the same level as it.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1342 on: April 16, 2019, 05:56:00 PM »
I've said it before, but I actually quite liked Solo. There were a few moments I honestly forgot it was actually a star wars movie and not just a sci fi heist, but otherwise I liked it.

Lando was one of the best parts for me, and casting there was ace. Han was okay, and I'm with Feanor on that. Lots of times I was thinking he was a great Han Solo, and then there were times I felt he was saying some weird stuff for 'young' Han to be saying.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1343 on: April 16, 2019, 07:16:16 PM »
I liked Solo and Rogue One a lot, mainly because they seemed to be Star Wars RP scenarios. I loved playing D6 Star Wars RP. One day I will again!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1344 on: April 17, 2019, 04:11:32 AM »
I like him dont get me wrong. I just felt his smiles came too easy and didnt have the touch of arsehole hidden behind it. But perhaps thats me projecting myself onto the character. Or Harrison Ford onto the character. Hard for me to separate Harrison and Han though. Alden did well, but there were parts that felt off, I guess like you guys are saying.

Offline Dihenydd

• Members
  • Back on Hiatus
« Reply #1345 on: April 17, 2019, 09:55:56 PM »
Hmm, I liked both.  They told SW stories from a different point of view, different style.  I enjoyed them and they fit into the SW universe, or at least I was able to fit them into my version with adjustments on my part.  I think most of the Lucas-hate comes generally from 'Hey, your SW is not what I imagined MY SW was", and I'm VERY important in my little part of the web blah blah blah.

Taking the stories at face-value, I saw a younger Han, with the beginnings of his self-delusion that he is "hard".  By the time New Hope comes around, he's had more practice at it, is pretty good at survival, but lost some of the youthful teen bits.  Han is smart at some things, but generally not very bright.  Remember his shouting in excitement during battle scenes in IV?  He still has some of that youth.

When my family asks me "Why did he do that???" in a movie, they hate my answer "because it was written that way and the author thought it was great plot development".
Sometimes the "Old Ones" just need to leave.....

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #1346 on: April 18, 2019, 12:05:10 PM »
I think most of the Lucas-hate comes generally from 'Hey, your SW is not what I imagined MY SW was", and I'm VERY important in my little part of the web blah blah blah.

I completely agree.  I think there is some major elements that lack, but there definitely seems to be a lot of self loathing that happens.  If it turns out you start to dislike something you should just leave it alone in my opinion.  Like I did with the Simpsons.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #1347 on: April 21, 2019, 04:17:01 PM »
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #1348 on: April 21, 2019, 11:20:05 PM »
I love a good 'bad pun' dog meme

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1349 on: April 21, 2019, 11:58:10 PM »
And on Easter no less.