home

Author Topic: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (update: out)  (Read 300814 times)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (stuff)
« Reply #1500 on: April 20, 2020, 05:24:08 AM »
I do like those giants! And the elf lady with the enormous chalace of gloom, too.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 03:30:06 PM by ZeroTwentythree »

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (stuff)
« Reply #1501 on: April 20, 2020, 09:12:32 AM »
I really like those old elf wardancers, I have some of them lying around here.
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (elves and plague)
« Reply #1502 on: April 23, 2020, 02:50:47 AM »
My April entry for the Old World Army Challenge is up. I had planned on taking the month off and painting giants, as I do every April for a few years now. But I just wasn't able to get into the giants. But I did paint up an interesting variety of figures for my OWAC wood elves. Close-up photos and wordy words at the website, link below.

http://oldworldarmychallenge.blogspot.com/2020/04/zerotwentythrees-april-wood-elves-1029.html

I also painted the old Citadel Plague Elemental. With that, I finish set, which have all been painted previously (over the course of 30 years... it's been a long project for just seven figures.) The very timely & relevant Plague pictured below. The other Citadel elementals, as well as some others I have, are in another recent blog entry.

https://www.zerotwentythree.com/2020/04/elementals.html

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (wood elves and plague)
« Reply #1503 on: April 23, 2020, 10:13:43 AM »
Love your choice of models & the work you put into painting them. Beautiful!

In the Olden Times, the Ent at least would be giant-sized. Right? Maybe the dragon and plague too.  :wink:

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Brother Sutek

• Members
« Reply #1504 on: April 26, 2020, 12:37:14 AM »
Loving those Wood Elves! Really like the Eagle, was that the original rider? Like him so much better than the sky surfer models released later.
I may disagree with what you say but I respect your right to be punished for it.

"CRRUUDDDAAAAAAACCCCEEEEEEE!!!!!!" <shakes fist at the sky>
-Pirate Robot Ninja of Death

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1505 on: April 29, 2020, 04:12:21 AM »
Love your choice of models & the work you put into painting them. Beautiful!

In the Olden Times, the Ent at least would be giant-sized. Right? Maybe the dragon and plague too.  :wink:

Thank you! They're all on 40mm bases. The ent and dragon are similar sizes to the really old Citadel giants, but not close to any of the recent models. But I like the rationalization and will go with it!  :wink:

Loving those Wood Elves! Really like the Eagle, was that the original rider? Like him so much better than the sky surfer models released later.

The model - eagle & rider -- are old Grenadier figures. They were sculpted by Mark Copplestone, who also sculpted for Ctiadel in the late 80s, maybe early 90s. His sculpts tend to be a little bulkier, but always seem to be really clean designs that are easy to paint. Great natural poses, too. He did a lot of great historical figures for Wargames Foundry and others, too.

I need some more (half-) orc brutes for my solo Sellswords & Spellslingers campaign, so I'm dipping into the small stash of Reaper Bones orcs that were slated for conversion into Fomorians. (That project seems to have lost steam for the moment anyway.) Here's the first. There's a second one on the painting table that should be done soon.

I also got some Stuff! In the Mail! Powrie from Cauldron Born Miniatures. Awesome sculpts. Can't wait to get some paint on them.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1648985407/rise-of-the-powrie

Offline Borderguy190

• Members
« Reply #1506 on: April 29, 2020, 03:04:27 PM »
More shiny to paint!

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (wood elves)
« Reply #1507 on: May 28, 2020, 02:04:05 AM »
Posted this in the monthly challenge thread already, copying it here for my own sense of completeness.

I completed my May challenge. 14 more stealth wardancers. http://oldworldarmychallenge.blogspot.com/2020/05/zerotwentythrees-may-wood-elves-294-pts.html

Did some weapon swaps on some of the duplicate figures for variety, including the guy on the right with the twin axes... Slamb-eöl aka Glambo.  :mrgreen:

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (wood elves & powrie)
« Reply #1508 on: May 28, 2020, 04:45:32 AM »
Forgot to post pics of the Cauldron Born Miniatures Powrie I've painted so far. I'm going to use them for unaligned and/or pre-RoC daemons.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1509 on: May 28, 2020, 11:26:22 AM »
Those red dudes are awesome! And they look to be on 20 mm bases meaning you could easily have a hoard of these wondrous beasties!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #1510 on: May 28, 2020, 05:57:39 PM »
Seeing these Powries painted by you makes me regret I didn't join the kickstarter at the time.  :-)

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1511 on: May 29, 2020, 04:37:09 AM »
Those red dudes are awesome! And they look to be on 20 mm bases meaning you could easily have a hoard of these wondrous beasties!

25mm. They're not huge, but the dynamic poses would make them hard to rank up on 20mm.

Seeing these Powries painted by you makes me regret I didn't join the kickstarter at the time.  :-)

I actually missed out on it too. But I contacted them via their Facebook page and bought some. I believe they will be available on a webstore at some point too.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (random stuf)
« Reply #1512 on: June 01, 2020, 05:33:47 AM »
The Midlam Miniatures hobgoblins are some of my favorite new additions to my collection, which for my own personal use I'm referring to as hob-orcs or.... more half-orcs. I've still got more set aside for some minor conversions (mostly just simple weapon swaps.)

This weekend we've had some beautiful weather, so my family took advantage of it with a back yard cookout and fire. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but my wife and daughter enjoyed some s'mores! Stress has been getting to me lately. The pandemic isolation had been increasingly difficult. Aside from missing friends and family, we're both working full time at home, trying to help our daughter manage at-home schooling (can't wait for Summer break!), and what seems like an endless stream of household maintenance issues/emergencies requiring attention/repair. Enjoying the outdoors has been something good to focus on.

I hate complaining about work or being stuck at home because I know there are so many people struggling with a lack of work (and related money problems), or more stressful jobs dealing with the public or medical health issues. I hope all of my fellow Warhammer-Empire folk are doing well, I hope you're all healthy and safe.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 05:38:04 AM by ZeroTwentythree »

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1513 on: June 01, 2020, 05:42:01 AM »
I've been wanting to get back to my Sellswords and Spellslingers solo campaign. But I've recently discovered I've been doing it wrong. I've been using mixing the terms "players" and "PCs" a number of times.

So, for example, the reason the first game was such a bloodbath was that I had far more hordes of orcs than I should have. I've also been handing out too much XP after games. So I've decided to wrap up the current band with a few final games, then start over with a new warband.

My plan is to replay the Badlands scenario -- possibly using the "wrong" number of orcs again. Then possibly play the tower scenario, since I've had this old Battlemasters in my garage we cleaned out my friend Rich's game room over a year ago. (It was mine, & I painted it, but gave it to him at some point. I was handed a box with this and two others to take home...) Finally, I will put them through the Thunder Lizard scenario. Per the scenario instructions, I rummaged through my daughters toys for a suitable adversary. She had a good selection hiding at the bottom of a bin, and I've narrowed it down to these two... :D

lol

I will also need some lizarmen, which is great motivation to get back to painting the old Tom Meier troglodytes I've been planning to repaint for many long years. I did one test figure, with an unusual color scheme based on an actual lizard. But I'm not sure I like it. The main reason these wonderful figures haven't been repainted all this time is because I can't make up my mind on how to paint them!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1514 on: June 01, 2020, 11:42:46 AM »
Is that a shooting star caught in your photo of the cookout?  Looks like a wonderful evening! :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Ask your daughter if you can use the taller dinosaur, and don't tell her you were considering the blue one, she might make you use it! :icon_wink:

Also, I think the troglodyte looks good!  :icon_biggrin: :eusa_clap:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1515 on: June 02, 2020, 03:38:05 AM »
I think the streak of light is some burning ash ascending.

Maybe I'll use white trogs for champions, and other colors for the rank & file...

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
« Reply #1516 on: June 02, 2020, 01:52:10 PM »
Nice work and nice family pic :)

I've been very lucky, i'm supplying electronics for ventilators in the UK... Lots of design and production.

Plus my wife is a nurse, so it's ok for us , but many people are falling on hard times,
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Borderguy190

• Members
« Reply #1517 on: June 04, 2020, 07:23:02 AM »
Thanks for asking Z23.  I'm a first responder so haven't stopped working.  The wife has worked from home the whole time.  Luckily our daughter is both in high school, and a highly motivated over-achiever. As such, we don't need to do anything to fit hervschool wise.  I do look like a hippie... I really need to see my barber!

Models look great.  My Lizardmen sit naked and grey for the sane reason.  Don't know how to paint them.

Offline King

• Members
  • Island-fortress of Malta
« Reply #1518 on: June 04, 2020, 08:11:58 PM »
Awesome work 023...also don't let anxiety get you....know that many are in your same boat, me included.  Nice family cookout and also nice minis as ever....I still treasure the minis I bought from you years ago :)
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails....

Link to my blog http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=23114.0

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #1519 on: June 05, 2020, 11:07:03 PM »
The tradition of white lizardmen extends back through the Slann iteration of their lore all the way back to the infamous Karnac.

Obviously, Tom Meier is a titan of miniature making, but I've never been very keen on these guys, it's the odd oriental-but-not styling.

As for real life, I've been furloughed from work on 80% pay since Easter and looks like I'll be off tll mid July. It's a massive bonus to be able to stay home and safe and minimise the risk to my 75 year old dad AND still pay my bills, and I'm very grateful for this one thing which UK government has done right in this crisis (or the last 5 years or more, for that matter). Despite that I'm only getting about the same level of hobby work done as when I was working all day and out 2 or 3 nights a week, which is disappointing.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1520 on: June 08, 2020, 05:30:29 PM »
Fantastic stuff! I always love checking out this thread.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1521 on: June 14, 2020, 06:10:44 AM »
Nice work and nice family pic :)

I've been very lucky, i'm supplying electronics for ventilators in the UK... Lots of design and production.

Plus my wife is a nurse, so it's ok for us , but many people are falling on hard times,

Thank you. Sounds like you're busy. I hope you and your wife are keeping safe!

Thanks for asking Z23.  I'm a first responder so haven't stopped working.  The wife has worked from home the whole time.  Luckily our daughter is both in high school, and a highly motivated over-achiever. As such, we don't need to do anything to fit hervschool wise.  I do look like a hippie... I really need to see my barber!

Models look great.  My Lizardmen sit naked and grey for the sane reason.  Don't know how to paint them.

I'm glad your daughter has been motivated. We had a lot of schoolwork-at-home stress here, though fortunately my daughter finished with good grades. She's younger - having difficulties with remote learning. Glad the Summer break is here. We're looking at actual home-schooling next year so we can tailor her learning to her personality.

My lizardmen still haven't even been cleaned & primed. I can't believe I left so many mold-lines on them years ago.  :icon_lol:

Awesome work 023...also don't let anxiety get you....know that many are in your same boat, me included.  Nice family cookout and also nice minis as ever....I still treasure the minis I bought from you years ago :)

I know almost everyone is going through difficulties. Thank you for helping keep that in perspective. I know some people have it far worse.

Did you buy a bunch of my Mighty Fortress/siege stuff too? I was recently thinking I wished I hadn't got rid of it. :icon_lol: I'm thinking of building my own fortified city walls in the next year or so -- so it all works out.  :wink:

The tradition of white lizardmen extends back through the Slann iteration of their lore all the way back to the infamous Karnac.

Obviously, Tom Meier is a titan of miniature making, but I've never been very keen on these guys, it's the odd oriental-but-not styling.

As for real life, I've been furloughed from work on 80% pay since Easter and looks like I'll be off tll mid July. It's a massive bonus to be able to stay home and safe and minimise the risk to my 75 year old dad AND still pay my bills, and I'm very grateful for this one thing which UK government has done right in this crisis (or the last 5 years or more, for that matter). Despite that I'm only getting about the same level of hobby work done as when I was working all day and out 2 or 3 nights a week, which is disappointing.

Sorry you haven't been able to get the additional hobby time in, but glad you (and your father) are keeping safe. One of the developers I've worked for recently told me he's at 80% pay too, but still working, going to the office, etc. 40+ hours a week!

As much as I'm feeling stretched for time, I'm grateful to still be working and still be sacrificing sleep for painting miniatures....

I know you're a huge live music fan, all of the cancelled events & social distancing has certainly hit that pretty hard!

Fantastic stuff! I always love checking out this thread.

Thanks! Hope you're doing well.

It's been a few weeks since the last update.. In that time I've been setting up a larger table for remote/solo gaming in our garage. I even hung some new lights above.

I'm still working on my Old World Army Challenge wood elves -- just one month to go! But I got distracted by finishing the rest of the Cauldron Born Miniatures "Powrie" -- or as I'm going to call them (based on a comment from the sculptor, Paul Muller) Rage Smurfs.

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #1522 on: June 14, 2020, 10:20:25 PM »
Rage Smurfs! Perfect  :lol:

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1523 on: June 24, 2020, 04:33:32 AM »
I'm getting worse at keeping up with various social media. I'm sometimes posting things in one place, but not others. I'm horrible at replying to other people's posts because I usually read them on my phone but hate replying because I have giant sausage fingers that plague my text with typos and accidental autocorrects.

At any rate, an update....

I'm trying to get through the last month of the Old World Army Challenge, but struggling. I've already met the minimum requirements, so I'm technically in the clear. But I had some remaining figures I wanted to include, and would like to finish them for the sake of "completing" the challenge army. (I know full well no project is ever "finished." But I'd like to complete what I have on hand.)

Along those lines, I painted a tiny "bonus figure" to go with the OWAC wood elves. Because I'm easily distracted. I believe it's from a pack of familiars from Reaper.

While digging through bins of old figures, I came across most of an old Nurgle chaos warband, painted long ago....

STUFF! IN THE MAIL!

I finally received this giant forest troll, Lempo, from the Sandstorm Miniatures KS. Another Drew Williams sculpted troll to add to my growing collection. The little details are amazing. For scale reference, the grid on the cutting mat is 1" x 1".

I also made a couple of impulsive Clearance Sale purchases online (thanks to a heads-up from Shadespyre!) and the order arrived within a couple days. One was a couple of sample packs of Scotia Grendel (former Harlequin sculpts, I think) orcs that I've been eyeing as possibilities for more half-orcs/hob-orcs. Here's a scale comparison pic. The Stygian orc (left) is at the smaller end of the scale, the Greater orc (Uruk) is at the larger end, especially if he was standing up straight. Accompanying them are painted orcs/half-orcs/hobgoblins from Grenadier/Mirliton, Black Tree, Midlam, and Reaper.

The other thing I bought was a bargain purchase of a resin inn from Blue Moon Manufacturing. Looks great, but trying to do a dry fit today I couldn't get the parts to align like they do in the second pic (stolen from the online shop.) Once I get that resolved and painted, I expect it will look great, though!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1524 on: June 24, 2020, 05:00:06 AM »
I like the scenery piece!
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra