home

Author Topic: Da Ogre Ambassador  (Read 2386 times)

Offline Stone Cold

• Members
Da Ogre Ambassador
« on: October 26, 2004, 09:28:52 PM »
Hey!

I iz a Ogre called Stone Cold, cuz I likes to eat cold horse meat,

Anywayz, I iz a ambassador sent by da great Overtyrant Hragged. His Fatness wishes ta make sum sorta alliance with da Empire soz we can fights tagether.

I iz a smart Ogre, I knowz that Empire used ta hire mercenary Ogres very much. Now da boss wants ta start up dat friendship agin. All we require from yaz is a coupla spare cannons and a map of dis land.

Stone Cold, Ogre Ambassador from the land of www.ogrestronghold.com
[Visit www.ogrestronghold.com today for all your Ogre needs!]

Offline Defender of Ulthuan

• Members
Da Ogre Ambassador
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 02:19:38 AM »
Man thats not funny
Im a Drama Setter gripping my beretta sipping armeretta man you crazy if u think im gon let up

Offline hragged

• Members
  • Overlord
Da Ogre Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 03:00:08 AM »
Just to support Stone Cold, it's not supposed to be especially funny. In case you don't know, many of the race-specific websites have appointed Ambassadors that communicate with other races' forums in character - that's all this is, it's just a bit of roleplay fun.  
In fact, Defender of Ulthuan, your Elven buddies over on Asur.org just recently sent their own Ambassador to the Ogre Stronghold and have negotiated trade :wink:

So will the Empire send it's own Ambassador over or will you ignore potential allies?

Cheers! :)

Offline Stone Cold

• Members
Da Ogre Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 05:19:02 AM »
Ignore potential allies and create some pretty damn strong enemies :x , hehe ;)

Offline Defender of Ulthuan

• Members
Da Ogre Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 05:42:46 AM »
In fact, Defender of Ulthuan, your Elven buddies over on Asur.org just recently sent their own Ambassador to the Ogre Stronghold and have negotiated trade

WHat the hell are we trading???
Im a Drama Setter gripping my beretta sipping armeretta man you crazy if u think im gon let up

Offline Stone Cold

• Members
Da Ogre Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 05:47:13 AM »
Allegiances in campaigns, maybe links and promotion.

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Da Ogre Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 09:27:50 AM »
Welcome, says Konrad von Richtmark while proudly polishing repeater pistol #4

It is always good to see another gamer community arise on the Internet, though I hadn't expected an army-specific forum already before its release!
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline hragged

• Members
  • Overlord
Da Ogre Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 12:13:45 PM »
Quote from: Defender of Ulthuan
WHat the hell are we trading???

So far we've been given weapons, armour and food.  We are offering mercenaries. It's all role-playing of course, the High Elves are hoping to gain Ogre support in the campaign against the Dark Elves you see so they made contact with us.  They are currently helping build ports for us too, which will allow us to expand to the rest of the world (the completion of the ports will coincide with the Ogre Kingdoms release, when we will be able to add our battles to the battles fought against the Dark Elves over on Drucii.net).

Thanks for the welcome Konrad :-D

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Da Ogre Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 04:13:31 PM »
Ambassadors eh? They were quite useful in the Storm of Chaos, for the most part. Not much call for them now that I can see.

Still, I actually have an account on the ogre board, and post occasionally. Once the army is released I'll be a lot more interested.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Clarkarias

• Members
  • Halton Hills, Ontario
Da Ogre Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 12:20:24 AM »
Still good to promote your boards...as long as you don't flood other boards...
Actually, forget Karl-Franz. I want rules for Thyrus Gorman on a dragon. - Rufus Sparkfire

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Da Ogre Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2004, 03:14:16 AM »
I'm big, noisy, and like sports like hockey and rugby. Maybe I would be suited to "talk" with the ogres :lol: !

I'll be our Ambassador if no one else well. :)
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline winger

• Members
Da Ogre Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2004, 03:41:38 AM »
this is not "role playing" this is spam.
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

Offline Benedictus

• Members
Da Ogre Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2004, 06:35:34 AM »
Quote from: rufus sparkfire
Still, I actually have an account on the ogre board, and post occasionally. Once the army is released I'll be a lot more interested.

What you said. I'm almost certain that Overtyrant Hragged is an intelligent chap and speaks in coherent sentences, by the way. At least, I assume he posts with his own username. :)
Empire Army: Averland!

Bretonnian Army Blog: A Crusade into Mousillon

Offline Hal

• Members
  • I am Hal, of Karak Kaldor
Da Ogre Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2004, 09:03:09 AM »
HarrHarrHarr! Greetings, I can see that you shall be well recieved within these hallowed halls!

I would like to welcome the ogres here in the name of My general, my Army, and, indeed, my 8-ogre complement of Big Blokes.

Oh, and da Bigga Boss Bloke sends his welcome too!

~Hal|"ere, gissit! oi! gimme da keyboard 'umie!
I have good ideas, not functional or balanced rules. When I post a revision idea, comment on the ideas, not the rules.

Offline Heiglot

• Members
Da Ogre Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2004, 05:06:42 PM »
Quote from: winger
this is not "role playing" this is spam.

It doesen't matter anymore, it's also an OT board now. Look on Electors forum for info. (Top)

Offline winger

• Members
Da Ogre Ambassador
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2004, 12:13:57 AM »
your right heiglot, I am sorry for my behavior.  Though it is no excuse I was tired and was a little pissed off at my professor.  Again I am sorry if I offended anyone.
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

Offline Heiglot

• Members
Da Ogre Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2004, 11:39:38 AM »
It's OK, you only posted you post an hour after Grutch announced it was an OT board. So really you were right at first without knowing of the OT board. :)