home

Author Topic: Mini War Gaming - Dwarfs vs Empire  (Read 2777 times)

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Mini War Gaming - Dwarfs vs Empire
« on: October 24, 2014, 04:03:35 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRnwyNT2oaE

They do good batreps generally.  First one I've seen with Empire.

Would've preferred to see more infantry and less reliance on the Steam Tanks from the Empire list, but that's a personal preference.

Hope y'all enjoy.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Gunman006

• Members
Re: Mini War Gaming - Dwarfs vs Empire
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 01:56:58 PM »
Used to be a regular subscriber back in early 2013, but they reduced the number of WHFB batreps to about 1-2 a month which made me cancel the subscription. It's a great site though, looks like they have greatly improved their format, maybe it's time to rejoin. I do enjoy their battlereps more than blue table gaming, and Wargaming for fun have went for pay per view as well.
http://wargaming.no/

Government? You call this a government? It looks like something a deranged Snotling would come up with! - Bretonnian Ambassador to the Court of Emperor Karl Franz

Offline Jomppexx

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 02:27:11 PM »
Used to be a regular subscriber back in early 2013, but they reduced the number of WHFB batreps to about 1-2 a month which made me cancel the subscription. It's a great site though, looks like they have greatly improved their format, maybe it's time to rejoin. I do enjoy their battlereps more than blue table gaming, and Wargaming for fun have went for pay per view as well.

They started a series called "Old World Wars", in which they only play fantasy.
Video every couple weeks, definetly worth looking at.
"Sigmar is like a barbaric, warrior Jesus, and only appeared to be a mortal man."
Highlights :
8/2014 : Grandmaster slew a Chaos Lord in a challenge

Offline Gunman006

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 05:14:17 PM »
They started a series called "Old World Wars", in which they only play fantasy.
Video every couple weeks, definetly worth looking at.

Thanks, will check it out, will be interesting to see if the Dark Elf player still goes for the 2x Hydra+tons of repeater crossbows in every battle  :icon_razz:
http://wargaming.no/

Government? You call this a government? It looks like something a deranged Snotling would come up with! - Bretonnian Ambassador to the Court of Emperor Karl Franz

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
    • www.facebook.com/rtedders
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 12:22:42 AM »
That Dwarf VS Empire BatRep is hilarious!! I love the banter between the guys, and them discussing the game from the two armies' points of view. An example, after rolling "Insane Courage" for a Dwarf break test, "When you owe a Dwarf money, he ain't goin' anywhere!" However, at the 01:02:15 mark or so, the Dwarf player really messes up; he has an Organ gun just sitting there, and fires it at the Archers, instead of blasting the Catapsus out of the air.....

Offline Morray

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 09:26:29 AM »
I really like their old world wars series, thought the empire dwarf game was great, good coverage.

Catapsus, captain riding Pegasus?
Loose "Oh hey, my belt is quite loose."
Lose "Oh no! I am going to lose this battle."
Product "Wow that's a nice product."
Products "They sell/have great products."

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 12:09:30 PM »
@Morray: Was that Catapsus comment a Q., or were you explaining for people who're not sure. My Q. wasn't so much what a Catapsus is, but why the Dwarf player didn't blow the Empire Catapsus out of the sky when he had the chance....

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 12:16:51 PM »
I must admit, I have no clue what a Catapsus is. A Captasus on the other hand.... :engel:
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 01:55:19 PM »
I must admit, I have no clue what a Catapsus is. A Captasus on the other hand.... :engel:
It appears I've been spelling Captasus wrong; errm, oops?!

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 02:15:21 PM »
A catapsus linguae....
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)