home

Author Topic: Tactical Decision Game 2.6: Nearing the Climax  (Read 30220 times)

Offline Noght

• Members
Re: Tactical Decision Game 2.6: Nearing the Climax
« Reply #125 on: October 04, 2012, 10:14:24 PM »
Well the Reiksguard should reform on an 8, leave a guy hanging over the south end of the Spear unit.

IC Knights charge.  Engineer charges the last Exec.  Shoot the now exposed Spears.  Hopefully we don't dork up the magic phase again.
"...the most incorrigible vice being that of an ignorance which fancies it knows everything..."  Camus.

Offline grifter

• Members
« Reply #126 on: October 04, 2012, 10:42:40 PM »
Well the Reiksguard should reform on an 8, leave a guy hanging over the south end of the Spear unit.

IC Knights charge.  Engineer charges the last Exec.  Shoot the now exposed Spears.  Hopefully we don't dork up the magic phase again.

+1

Also, seems to me Team Blue´s ICK (and his horsie too) shouldn´t have gotten an attack this turn since all were killed before their Init step?
Sorry, Team Blue.  :blush:

I think we´re in pretty good shape...the ICK will still be within 12" of the Ruins for the extra VP I assume?

Offline MrAbyssal

• Members
« Reply #127 on: October 04, 2012, 10:49:19 PM »
Combat Versus Team Blue

Blue has-  Wildform and Hammers of Sig on the ICK.  The ICK also suffer from x2 Plague of Rust.
Purple has-  Ench Blades, Glittering Robes on the Warriors.

Warriors make their Fear test.

WP issues a challenge.  The Dreadlord accepts.  In the challenge, the WP gets 1 hit, 1 wound, saved.  Horse-  no effect.  In return, the Dreadlord does Overkill on him by causing 4 wounds.  WP dies.

HHG

Did blue want to issue a challenge with the WP?  I only saw posts that said no challenges, assign all attacks from WP and last knight to the dreadlord.

Yeah, I don't think we wanted to challenge with the WP. Just assign attacks.

just a rules question; could the TGM do a reform to get in btb with the lord as well? as a slight slide to the right would make him btb with 3 models instead of 2?
Hmmm.  I wonder if you can do a reform on a unit of 1.  Sounds kinda fishy since there is nothing to move/swap around.

It is a very odd situation.  You are supposed to maximize models, but it only mentions it on a charge.   You would nudge the TGM over to maximize models in base contact.

Also,  you could challenge with the TGM,  make him accept it with his DL or send it to the back and beat on RnF and make him test on normal LD.

I don't think we could.
There are three things each man judges another man by;

1. The size of his codpiece
2. The amount of skulls he carries
3. The length of his feather

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #128 on: October 04, 2012, 11:26:04 PM »
No idea why he refused the challenge.  Simply a bonus for us as we lost fewer knights than we should have.  I would've liked to see us kill the Champion, but at least we killed the Hydra.

Unfortunately, I think we'll only be able to get 4 ICK in combat with the Spearmen.

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #129 on: October 04, 2012, 11:56:24 PM »
No idea why he refused the challenge.  Simply a bonus for us as we lost fewer knights than we should have.  I would've liked to see us kill the Champion, but at least we killed the Hydra.

Unfortunately, I think we'll only be able to get 4 ICK in combat with the Spearmen.

It's fine.  We'll have enough to break steadfast so we should win the combat.  Do we challenge?  If so, with whom? 
"...the most incorrigible vice being that of an ignorance which fancies it knows everything..."  Camus.

Offline Friar Metick

• Members
  • Talks with hammer!
« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2012, 02:52:27 AM »

This is the way we need to set it up, we need the engineer to run the exe off or catch him or we miss out on a lot of points.

At least we should be able to keep the wiz out of combat.
Blessed be those who game.

Friar Metick

Offline Harshey

• Members
« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2012, 03:24:34 AM »
I like what Noght proposed. As for combat, the challenge I like (assuming we get to combat reform the reiksguard) the reiksguard champ, hopefully against their unit champ. We want to direct attacks at the dreadlord's, so we don't want to challenge on that side of the combat.

For magic, the 5++ ward, rerollable to wound, iceshard, and harmonic bubble should be the spells we try and cast.

I'd two dice each prayer and then go into the wizard's spells.  We should win this combat, but I think iceshard is key to cancel their +1 to hit.

Offline Friar Metick

• Members
  • Talks with hammer!
« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2012, 03:40:24 AM »
I like what Noght proposed. As for combat, the challenge I like (assuming we get to combat reform the reiksguard) the reiksguard champ, hopefully against their unit champ. We want to direct attacks at the dreadlord's, so we don't want to challenge on that side of the combat.

For magic, the 5++ ward, rerollable to wound, iceshard, and harmonic bubble should be the spells we try and cast.

I'd two dice each prayer and then go into the wizard's spells.  We should win this combat, but I think iceshard is key to cancel their +1 to hit.

Good ideas for the magic phase. I'd want to see how things line up on the charge provided we make it and see what spells/prayers we get off, before deciding on a challenge decision.
Blessed be those who game.

Friar Metick

Offline Windelov

• Members
Tactical Decision Game 2.6: Nearing the Climax
« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2012, 05:17:56 AM »
Combat Versus Team Blue

Blue has-  Wildform and Hammers of Sig on the ICK.  The ICK also suffer from x2 Plague of Rust.

WP issues a challenge.  The Dreadlord accepts.  In the challenge, the WP gets 1 hit, 1 wound, saved.  Horse-  no effect.  In return, the Dreadlord does Overkill on him by causing 4 wounds.  WP dies.

HHG

Did blue want to issue a challenge with the WP?  I only saw posts that said no challenges, assign all attacks from WP and last knight to the dreadlord.

The overkill bonus was why we didnt want to challenge, the ick knight died before during anything so us challenging didnt change wounds. With us not wanting to challenge, it should be the DE losing cr by 2.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:01:36 AM by Windelov »

Offline Windelov

• Members
Sv: Tactical Decision Game 2.6: Nearing the Climax
« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2012, 06:39:22 AM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 06:57:24 AM by Windelov »

Offline Dnic

• Members
« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2012, 06:49:07 AM »

That the plan :)

Offline zakalwe

• Members
« Reply #136 on: October 05, 2012, 07:12:29 AM »
We can use the volley gins to mop up the small spears and exec if he doesn't run off, hopefully.

I agree with the other charges etc.

Offline Holy Hand Grenade

• Members
  • Never leave the Province without it...
« Reply #137 on: October 05, 2012, 07:17:56 AM »
Combat Versus Team Blue

HHG

The overkill bonus was why we didnt want to challenge, the ick knight died before during anything so us challenging didnt change wounds. With us not wanting to challenge, it should be the DE losing cr by 2.

I thought I saw a post for a WP challenge since he was going to get killed by the Dreadlord anyway.  I may have gotten it mixed up with Team Green instead.  I apologize if I goofed it up.

In any case when I looked at it, without a challenge the Dreadlord was probably going to kill both the ICK and WP.  The Warriors most likely would not be able to kill the last T4 ICK on their own.  The way it worked out, they just got lucky.

It would be a 2 CR shift in Blue's favor had it gone the other way.  To be fair, I rolled to see if Dreadlord would pass a Break Test and he did.

We are back to business right where we left off.

I thought about reforming the Reik to face the Warriors....but do you really want put more models into base contact?  If you challenge with Reiksguard Champ he will be the only one in base contact and you won't have to worry about losing anything more in that unit except the Champ in the next combat round.  This will be especially important if you are extremely unlucky and fail the charge with the ICK.

I will do whatever you want though.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:24:22 AM by Holy Hand Grenade »
If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

HHG's TDG/TEG Dice Tracker

• Members
« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2012, 07:36:56 AM »
Also, seems to me Team Blue´s ICK (and his horsie too) shouldn´t have gotten an attack this turn since all were killed before their Init step?

Oops.  I had them listed in Init order and went down the list rolling dice before I had to go to work. 

Team Blue got a freebie, going to leave it as is, at this point.

If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

Offline grifter

• Members
« Reply #139 on: October 05, 2012, 07:44:00 AM »
We can use the volley gins to mop up the small spears and exec if he doesn't run off, hopefully.

I agree with the other charges etc.

We only have one round of shooting left, so I´m afraid it´s one or the other.

I´d also rather see a boosted Harmonic Convergence instead of HoS and Iceshard...but it will, as always, depend on the PD available.

Offline Windelov

• Members
Sv: Re: Tactical Decision Game 2.6: Nearing the Climax
« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2012, 07:55:00 AM »
Combat Versus Team Blue

HHG

I thought I saw a post for a WP challenge since he was going to get killed by the Dreadlord anyway.  I may have gotten it mixed up with Team Green instead.  I apologize if I goofed it up.

In any case when I looked at it, without a challenge the Dreadlord was probably going to kill both the ICK and WP.  The Warriors most likely would not be able to kill the last T4 ICK on their own.  The way it worked out, they just got lucky.

It would be a 2 CR shift in Blue's favor had it gone the other way.  To be fair, I rolled to see if Dreadlord would pass a Break Test and he did.

We are back to business right where we left off.

You did see said post, i suggested we went for a wp challenge but changed it before the team voted. No worries and we should correct the kill by the ick, as it might be of some importance. Thx for the great job hhg:D

Sendt fra min GT-I9000 med Tapatalk2

Offline zakalwe

• Members
« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2012, 09:28:36 AM »
Forgot we lost a gun.
How far away is the engineer from the exec and how far away is the exec from the table edge?

If the last exec is quite far from the table edge, the engineer could shoot it with his pistol instead.  3 shots hit on 4's kill on 3's

Could even have both engineers shoot the warriors and volley gun the exec.

We also have to be wary of the comet, could potential hit the combat?!?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:31:40 AM by zakalwe »

• Members
« Reply #142 on: October 05, 2012, 10:43:51 AM »
How far away is the engineer from the exec and how far away is the exec from the table edge?

If the last exec is quite far from the table edge, the engineer could shoot it with his pistol instead.  3 shots hit on 4's kill on 3's

Could even have both engineers shoot the warriors and volley gun the exec.

We also have to be wary of the comet, could potential hit the combat?!?

A couple of planning factors for the mighty Team Green:

--On an 8+, the Exec runs off the board
--On a 6 or 7,  the Exec will be out of the Helblaster's range
--The Engie is 4.5" away from the Execs.  To catch it on a 6 or 7, the Engie will have to roll a 7 or 8 respectively
--The Engie only has a Hand Weapon-  no Repeater Pistol shots for him

--The Comet will hit both the small Warrior block and the ICK (if they successfully charge the center combat) on a 10+.
--You could increase this range to 11" for the ICK if you align it over, but then the Wiz would be in BtB with the Dreadlord.  Not good.

Hope this helps.  Happy hunting.

:::cheers:::
HHG

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #143 on: October 05, 2012, 11:20:20 AM »
The last Exec will flee if we charge him with the engineer, then flee again if he fails to roll snake eyes during the Dark Elf turn 6.  I think it's likely he'll get 8 on 4d6.  If he rolls extremely low this turn our engineer might even catch him.

Knights charge Spearmen, keeping the wizard out of combat.

Engineer charge Executioner.

Hellblaster shoot warriors.

Reiksguard challenge with the Champion again, no reform.

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2012, 11:21:41 AM »

I thought about reforming the Reik to face the Warriors....but do you really want put more models into base contact?  If you challenge with Reiksguard Champ he will be the only one in base contact and you won't have to worry about losing anything more in that unit except the Champ in the next combat round.  This will be especially important if you are extremely unlucky and fail the charge with the ICK.

I will do whatever you want though.

This is a good point.  How many survive the BSB and thr Spearmen?  Are the few surviving attacks worth it? 

If we don't reform then the BSB could make way towards IC but he'll probably die.   Hmmmm.

Regarding the Execs.  Hope he rolls an 8, if not he still has too roll a 2 to rally or he continues to flee on the bottom of turn 6 so I think those points are in hand.

Remember the DE don't get hatred this combat so Shard is slightly more effective than normal but the Shield is the key prayer methinks.

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #145 on: October 05, 2012, 11:25:24 AM »
If we don't reform then the BSB could make way towards IC but he'll probably die.
If he wants to make way with the BSB, great.  Odds place us at winning by 2-3 and he won't have steadfast.  I'd like to get rid of his rerollable leadership.

• Members
« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2012, 11:32:33 AM »
Remember the DE don't get hatred this combat so Shard is slightly more effective than normal but the Shield is the key prayer methinks.[/color]

They don't have Hatred, but they do still have ASF, so with their Init will get to re-roll misses (except the Dreadlord and BSB who will just strike at Init order, no re-rolls)

What is your recommendation for spells Noght and Zif?  Already starting to work the next round.  I am going to take us all the way to combat so the Team can make decisions on challenges/attack allocations.

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #147 on: October 05, 2012, 11:38:05 AM »
Remember the DE don't get hatred this combat so Shard is slightly more effective than normal but the Shield is the key prayer methinks.[/color]

They don't have Hatred, but they do still have ASF, so with their Init will get to re-roll misses (except the Dreadlord and BSB who will just strike at Init order, no re-rolls)

What is your recommendation for spells Noght and Zif?  Already starting to work the next round.  I am going to take us all the way to combat so the Team can make decisions on challenges/attack allocations.

Yep.  But there are only two Spearman on the flank (one if the BSB makes way), so the ASF is kinda mitigated.

How many magic dice do we have available?  Did I miss that?  Did we make charges?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:47:56 AM by Noght »

• Members
« Reply #148 on: October 05, 2012, 11:43:44 AM »
How many magic dice do we have available?  Did I miss that?  Did we make charges?

I will post all that in the next thread.   :-)

Waiting on some more Blue feedback before I press on.

Offline Windelov

• Members
« Reply #149 on: October 05, 2012, 12:29:38 PM »

I will post all that in the next thread.   :-)

Waiting on some more Blue feedback before I press on.

Okay, just finished my excel chart adding up factors...

The executioners are going to charge our steamtank in the next and final turn, we will not have finished off the spears by then, and it might just win them the combat.

I say we charge the exes.
We are likely to loose about 4 knights in the first round of combat against the exes (they are 7 files and 3˝ rank), but kill about 10 executioners. The following turn will be hefty and I just hope for our priest to stay alive, the reiksguards will hold anyhow due to stubburn. I say go for the charge.

Knights 1 charge the rear of the spears.

Magic depends on winds. but Savage is a major priority (if the witch got 5+ dices, we try to go for IF by throwing all in there), second to that is shield on reiks, and third curse on the exes. But again everything on the savage if dices are close to equally distributed or dices are high for the witch.

I dont know what to do with knights 2, would have been nice to have them charging about anything at this point. Get within 6" of the ruins to add up points and get in between the shades and the wizard.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:39:18 PM by Windelov »