home

Author Topic: Skaven Treachery!  (Read 4685 times)

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
Skaven Treachery!
« on: July 18, 2007, 06:30:55 PM »
Our officials are being murdered in the night.  We are now aware this has been the work of the vile Skaven to sow distrust in our ranks and cause chaos in the Imperial court.

Well, I say it ends here.  By Karl-Franz, I move we divert any available resources to rooting out the Ratmen and foiling their plan. We must do it soon as their plot is so far successful and our leaders dead or accusing themselves.  While I cannot reveal the sources I have obtained my information from, I assure you the Ratmen jet through the night shadows to silently strike at us.

The heart of the matter is thus.  Write into any battle reports you submit that you have evaded, killed or driven off Skaven assassins.  You need not even fight Skaven - just include these blurbs as part of your battle report fluff.  Write how you heard of murders throughout the Empire carried out by ratmen - and how we now are intent on stopping it.

If possible, write up a story of making counter-agent groups made of rangers, Halflings, huntsmen, mercenaries and the like to track down these pestilent foes and beat them at their own game.  Now is the critical time - let us hit Evil where is hurts!

Simon "Donnerhertz" Rodimutz, Helstrom's 4th
May the Good power find your army and protect them wherever they may serve Sigmar's Empire and it's people.  For freedom and for justice.
I'm in college!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Re: Skaven Treachery!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 06:37:57 PM »
Not a bad strategy really.  I'm sure the skaven would like the mention as well.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Ostermarker

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 06:57:46 PM »
IC: We must move quickly against these rats, they are evil of all kinds, they must be stopped, and quickly! The very rodents in our sewers act as their spies, no one is safe, not even our Emperor, or our Elector Counts, they will take us when ...
So, Ostmarkers wear purple, but it's manly purple, not like that Bretonnian purple.

Offline Nightshadow

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 07:03:23 PM »
By Karl-Franz, I move we divert any available resources to rooting out the Ratmen and foiling their plan. We must do it soon as their plot is so far successful and our leaders dead or accusing themselves. 

I agree entirely,
Those rats may not be winning campaign wise, but after their SoC fluff offensive, they are likely to get any of their ideas adopted quite easily.

Let's assassinate their assassins then  :biggriin:
Graf Wilhelm Anderssen, Leading the Marburg Company (Stirland), joining Helstrom's 4th.
Awarded with the Nemesis Rune, Von Klaust's Laurels of Acclamation and the Scroll of Ludendorf.
NC: 5/2/1

Offline Michael W

• Members
  • In the Name of the Emperor since 2001
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 08:00:05 PM »
Aww, but I like the little fluffy rodents.  I've been reporting how they've been "directing" my army against the Dark Elves and Dwarf-hired Mercenaries in the region.  Never caused me no harm.  Yet...
Let them taste Reikland steel!
----------------------------

Offline Patch

• Members
  • What would Chuck Norris do?
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 08:03:11 PM »
Aye, they've been spotted skulking around the Tower of Vigilance for the last few days. Now my scouts have received word that there is a sizable encampment nearby. A sizable section of the First Corps is about to smash them into oblivion...
[Playing Skaven this weekend.  :-D]
The (less than) triumphant return...

Offline Mebob

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 08:07:19 PM »
Don't worry, us skaven are only trying t help you man-things, we are trying to ensure that you gain the Nemesis Crownbye killing off anyone who beleives the crown to be evil :p

Offline Airtruck

• Members
  • The Ratty One
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 08:16:32 PM »
I'd say that the Empire should worry more about the Dwarfs getting the crown from your Emperor than us Skaven.

-Airtruck

BloodClot

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 08:24:40 PM »
 :eusa_clap: Soo the foul man-things have finally caught on to the  skaven plan. Unfortuantly for you we got a plan B!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 08:25:29 PM »
Sudden infestation...

Must find Tostig's flame spewing device...
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 08:34:02 PM »
You're trying to out plan Red Mage, boys.  You may not get that reference.  Heheh.
I'm in college!

Offline Tillmann Spyri

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 08:49:14 PM »
I do.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed"  ring any bells?

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 08:58:40 PM »
"Defend the mighty barracks!"

Oh, this will be fun.  Time to cross rats with stabbing...
I'm in college!

Offline Airtruck

• Members
  • The Ratty One
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2007, 09:18:19 PM »
I believe the orcs are willing to make an alliance with the mighty Empire, if only to take down the stubborn bigot-headed dwarfs.

-Airtruck

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 09:41:02 PM »
No, no.  We're good thanks.
I'm in college!

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 10:07:37 PM »
See we are mistaking the skaven for having a plan B, there is only plan A 'keep saying all kinds of things, and when it happens tell them you knew it was going to happen, and then bugger it up'

Gotta love them rats!
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 10:08:57 PM »
No, no.  We're good thanks.
Don't be so rash Dendo... (lol)
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline scrivener

• Members
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 01:18:44 AM »
Ahead of you guys, I've already been writing in my fluff of Hunters of Sigmar hunting down skaven infiltrators :). If I may suggest though, knightly and ranger hunting parties are an adequate defence, but may not be the best modus operandi to actively counter assassins that live underground. They aren't exactly wandering around the woods like beastmen or orcs, and you can't fight them as you would beastmen and orcs. There's only one real thread by which you can trace down a skaven agent. A hint: I did mention it in my fluff [/shamelessplug], but you don't need to go further than the Initial Despatch ;).

Ask yourself this. How are they finding out who to target and kill (no, not by lurking on this forum). Who is providing the info and how are they providing it?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 01:21:10 AM by scrivener »

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 01:34:58 AM »
Ahead of you guys, I've already been writing in my fluff of Hunters of Sigmar hunting down skaven infiltrators :). If I may suggest though, knightly and ranger hunting parties are an adequate defence, but may not be the best modus operandi to actively counter assassins that live underground. They aren't exactly wandering around the woods like beastmen or orcs, and you can't fight them as you would beastmen and orcs. There's only one real thread by which you can trace down a skaven agent. A hint: I did mention it in my fluff [/shamelessplug], but you don't need to go further than the Initial Despatch ;).

Ask yourself this. How are they finding out who to target and kill (no, not by lurking on this forum). Who is providing the info and how are they providing it?

Oh, that's a question we need not ask.  It's already...................panned out to our advantage.
I'm in college!

Offline scrivener

• Members
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 01:53:50 AM »
We're always happy to help you gain an advantage, I was merely suggesting a method that would help you gain a bigger advantage fluffwise. Not asking a question because it has proven advantageous that way is denying yourself all the facts that might prove advantageous in the future. The Skaven are delighted that you will make a mention of our fluff objectives, it's just that I'm not sure GW will take on the idea of halfling rangers tracking down assassins the likes of which have allegedly killed Valten, and we need GW to like an idea if they're going to run with it. That's why I'm suggesting running with existing GW fluff, like the guy who sold us your maps.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 07:00:18 AM »
Perhaps I should field Felix and Gotrek a couple of times...they were defending praag why shouldn^t they try to walk around killing some skaven in the great forest....also gotrek might be able to destroy the crown.

Offline richard_de_clare

• Members
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 11:40:38 AM »
Perhaps I should field Felix and Gotrek a couple of times...they were defending praag why shouldn^t they try to walk around killing some skaven in the great forest....also gotrek might be able to destroy the crown.

Or maybe even Matthias Thullman a Streng?? (Hmmm I feel a conversion project coming on...!)
“And thus I am glad to announce that an irrefutable scientific proof exists that Skaven are merely a figment of imagination” – Hieronymous Bach

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 03:18:16 PM »
How dare you accuse me of such blasphemies!! I will have your head!!

Er, wait... you didn't accuse me of anything...  :oops:
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2007, 03:14:45 PM »
Just wanted to put this back up top as a small reminder.

Get those murderous Skaven bastards!
I'm in college!