home

Author Topic: The Quest for Ghal Maraz  (Read 1328 times)

Offline Lord_Crom

• Members
The Quest for Ghal Maraz
« on: August 04, 2015, 10:05:47 AM »
Another scenario for you to enjoy, especially if you have a Stormcast Eternal force. As always let me know what you think.

BATTLEPLAN – GHAL MARAZ

During the Age of Chaos, Sigmar was at the forefront of the fight against the Dark Gods; smashing aside countless hordes with his mighty hammer, Ghal Maraz. No matter how many he crushed followers of the Ruinous Powers were beyond count and even Sigmar was forced to retreat to the Celestial Realm. It was during the retreat that his hammer was lost and for countless millennia has been hidden from the forces of Order.

ARMIES

Players decide amongst themselves who will be the army of the Keeper and who is the Army of Recovery. Players can choose which ever units they desire but if a player has 33% more models they must be the Keeper. The general of the defending army has a unique command ability, shown below, in addition to any others they have.

Army of the Keeper
Fortified Position – At the start of the game choose one terrain feature to be a fortified position in addition to normal terrain rules. Whilst a unit is fully on this terrain then enemy attacks can only do 1 damage per attack and armour saves can be taken against mortal wounds.

SET-UP
Set up the board as per Warhammer: Age of Sigmar rules. The player who is the defender must place three playing cards face down (2 jacks and a king) anywhere in their territory but at least 12” apart. These cards represent the possible location of Ghal Maraz.

FIRST TURN
First turn is given to the Army of Recovery.

THE BATTLE

If the attacking player gets a unit to within 3” of a playing card then they can turn it over to see if they have found Sigmar’s Hammer. The hammer can only be picked up by a unit with the Keyword HERO and they must belong to the attacking army. If a unit does pick up the hammer they drop the weapons on their warscroll and must use the weapon detailed below:

GHAL MARAZ
With the coming of the Age of Chaos, this holy relic has grown in power and will imbue the user with the power of Sigmar himself.

Range 2” Attacks 5 To Hit 4+ To Wound 2+ Rend -2 Damage 3
Ability – The wielder my recover 1 wound at the start of the combat phase
Abilty – The wielder always hits first even if the combat was chosen by the opponent
Ability – The wielder must move towards the nearest enemy unit

Victory Conditions

If at the end of turn 6 a HERO of the attacking army holds Ghal Maraz then they have won a major victory. If the defending player kills all HEROES then they have won victory or if time runs out then they win a minor victory.

Hints and Tips

The defender will want to stop the attacker from getting hold of Ghal Maraz as they will be harder to kill. Think about placement of the cards and also about bluffing or double bluffing your opponent. The attacker might like to take a band of heroes to represent a fellowship sent on a quest to recover the artefact.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
Re: The Quest for Ghal Maraz
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 12:32:08 PM »
This looks like an excellent scenario! I endorse it strongly!
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Lord_Crom

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 12:57:52 PM »
This looks like an excellent scenario! I endorse it strongly!

Well I did wonder if the Legions of Myrmidia could have found the hammer and were keeping it locked away to punish Sigmar.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 01:01:56 PM »
I'm not sure what we'd do with it if we found it ... I could actually see a kind of schism within the Spire because of it. The Goddess and the Praetorians would absolutely keep it from Sigmar, and the regular people might follow them. But the politicians and perhaps some of the Legions might be a little softer and more pragmatic...
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.