home

Author Topic: Round 5 Tactics.  (Read 7672 times)

Offline sid_vicous

• Members
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2005, 02:37:58 AM »
I've got a couple of solid's with 50% modifiers if you need them.

Offline Vann Harl

• Members
  • Wolf Brother
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2005, 05:45:31 AM »
I'm still holding onto a massacre (vs empire) and a solid (no modifiers).
The latest I can post is 2:30 GMT on thursday
Grand Writing Competition winning entry;
"I was there! With the Men of Erlach!"

"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious"
- Oscar Wilde

Offline Elieress

• Members
  • Slaanesh.. Just a painting project... I promise...
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2005, 06:45:14 AM »
I am going to play two battles tonight... One vs. Empire and I think I can persuade my opponent to play a scenario. and one versus either Highelves or orcs.

I normally (without bragging too much) win around 80% of the time when I play these guys, so I hope i will have good results to post.

Lets keep the blue and white banners aloft
Elieress... Just an old RPG name that got stuck to most of my online profiles...

CPH denmark

Offline Rorrak

• Members
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2005, 07:06:47 AM »
My Opponent didnt pitch up last night so I don't have a game to report yet. I should have one tommorow but thats it.

It did give me a chance to watch Vann Harl's game but that went pear shaped at the end for him and it was looking pretty darn good at the start of Turn 5.

Its the first time I've seen him not have a Seneschal in his Teutogen Guard and a failed panic test took them out of a vital section of his line, he couldnt get them back in time to help secure the bridge. (River crossing)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2005, 09:49:24 AM »
Ok - so looking at the figures - as of now, if I read Rorrak's latest figures we are down 6600 at the Watchman.

We seem to have:
RGB 800
Me 1400
Sid Vicous 2 x 900 = 1800
Van Haarl 1200 + 600

which gives us 5800 in hand - not enough at the moment.

Elieress and Rorrak have 3 battles to come.

Any more points around?

I have a little minor + a 25% which I am debating about posting now. If the enemy saw me posting at Fort Grigory or Bechafen they might read things the way we want them to. :wink:

If anyone has another 200 - 500 points result to post to the OTHER location that I do NOT post to, that would help.

The main concern I have at the moment is where, and when, Helblaster posts his results.
If he goes for Udo's then that forces Stirland to react there, and might use up any points they have in reserve for the Watchman.
If he goes for Kaltenbach, we may have to post our points there to save it.

Anyone have any thoughts on where to put the little one?
Fort Grigory might convince Stirland we are giving up on TUW,
but Bechafen might tempt both factions into believing we are starting the end-game and going for the big one.
 :?:  :wink:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Vann Harl

• Members
  • Wolf Brother
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2005, 09:58:18 AM »
Quote from: Rorrak

It did give me a chance to watch Vann Harl's game but that went pear shaped at the end for him and it was looking pretty darn good at the start of Turn 5. (River crossing)

not too mention we both lost skirmish games to a complete newbie! aaargh! oh the shame! :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

- Oscar Wilde

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2005, 10:06:10 AM »
1. Losing Skirmish games doesn't matter - you can still post them for points!!

2. Why did NOT having a seneschal matter for the panic test?
TTG are Ld8? or did he mean BSB?

Back to tactics.

Stirland have no reports yet from xnet445, wojammer, skeetregod and dihenydd - so they have some 'reserves'

Talabecland have nothing up from helblaster, as already said, and from joey and Carlo Chaimo.

I think I shall go for Fort Grigory - hopefully push Stirland to Udo's, and Talabecland to react..............

we'll just have to see.........

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Rorrak

• Members
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2005, 10:28:40 AM »
Senechal has "Commanding presence" making him and his unit immune to panic.

We can post those two games ? Great ! Not a huge fan of Skirmish games but they do serve to get folks familiar with the mechanics of To Hit, To Wound etc.

[edit]

Just checked and you do indeed have to win.

Note that guerilla actions fought in Bechafen will add half their score again to Bechafen's RIOT control rate! You can only report victorious battles, to prevent all kinds of silly stuff.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2005, 11:00:32 AM »
:oops:  I wonder if that cost me last Sunday???

I managed to forget the Prayers went off on 3 + D3 against Biggs

and I also seemed to take loads of panic tests.........

:oops: again - re skirmishes - hadn't read too closely.

Offline Guvnor

• Members
  • I'm just north of London
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2005, 11:47:29 AM »
I've got a solid against undead, can post at ~5.30 BST
Modifiers: scenario (25%)
I don't know how many that is though because a. i can't count (as my maths teacher is so fond of telling me) and b. i never caught on to the score system.
If someone could tell me how much that is then it would be great. :wink:  
Cheers

BTW: Midaski, I would definitely recommend you posting at Ft Grigory or Bechafen. Might I suggest a Subject of "On The Way To Bechafen, Middenland's come calling" or "Bolstering Fort grigory". Both of these sound like other people are going to be posting too so they could mislead the enemy. Also if everyone else keeps their subjects bland and confusing then it would help. eg, my subject: Battle Report for M/K

Just an Idea!!!  :wink:
I have one sentence in response to the engineer and mechanical: Empire is post-feudal age, not post-nuclear age!

Offline Rorrak

• Members
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2005, 12:04:50 PM »
Current Summary of held back points

RGB 1200
Midaski 1400
Vann Harl 1200 + 600 = 1800
Guvnor 750

Total 6950 = Not really enough.

I have one game to play still.
What others ?

Offline rha celt

• Members
I will make some calls
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2005, 12:25:24 PM »
I haven't got any games to report yet but I am making some calls this afternoon.  Most of the gamers I play with can only game on weekends do to family commitments during the week. What kind of figures are we hoping for. I need to know if I should be triing to set up a couple of single games or as many as I can get. My other question is I have been pulling in some favors to get some of the games that I have played for this campaign and was wondering if it would be better to wait until we get closer to the end of the campaign before calling in any other favors.
When in doubt attack, hey sometimes it works

Offline Rorrak

• Members
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2005, 12:32:31 PM »
@Rha Celt

I make us 6600 points behind Stirland while we have 6900 in hand but there is sure to be more Stirland activity.

My answer to your question will be based on the fun aspect. Do what will be most fun for both of you and then include the result / results into the campaign.

If I was to answer I would say that the time to call in favours would be later in the campaign. Normally I would do it now, but right now to keep all factions in the campaign modifiers will be used to protect those ones that do worse. I suspect support from the mods will not be there in the later stages and points will needed (and more valuable) then.

Lastly. I saw the movie Fargo and all I can say is I am so very glad I don't live where you do.

Offline rha celt

• Members
Fargo is fine
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2005, 12:43:17 PM »
I will hold off a little bit on the favor  use, should we need them at the end. I still think I can get a game tonight but it may only be one. As for my home town, Fargo, the film does not accurately portray a very nice little city. About the only thing they got right is that the winters are nasty.
When in doubt attack, hey sometimes it works

Offline Vann Harl

• Members
  • Wolf Brother
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2005, 01:39:56 PM »
I see Stirland and T-Land are neck on neck at Udos'

- Oscar Wilde

Offline Rorrak

• Members
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2005, 02:09:15 PM »
We don't know if the other factions have similar score gatherers.

They may well not have as clear a picture as we do. If they are relying on gut feel then heuristics can be used to mislead.

The human brain amplifies occurance if it happens in rapid sequence. EG. If you roll 18 dice you should on average get 3 of them comming up 6, if at the 12 dice you get 6,6,5,6 then folks will say that 6 came up more often than the other numbers. Its just the way it works.

If we deliberately space our posts a the uneasy it will look less alarming to them. However that does rely on them not having a proper gatherer.

I also agree with the bland subject names for posts except for feign posts like Fort G for the same reason. Heuristics will make the exceptional look more frequent if it stands out.

Offline Brunger

• Members
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2005, 10:58:15 PM »
I've got one Massacre against Empire using the stuck in the mud scenario, that I can put up.  I also have 3 battles to fight before the end of this round... so I guess Ill be waiting for everyone else to figure out where they want everyone's posts.

Just a question, but does your opponent have to use one of the campaign lists for you to be able to claim the "using official list" bonus?

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2005, 12:04:21 AM »
No just yours has to be a campaign approved list

You know this round ends sometime tomorrow - European time. In fact anytime I would guess from about 15 - 20 hours from now - or the time of this post.
 :wink:

Offline Rorrak

• Members
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2005, 06:44:41 AM »
Well bad news is that I had to work late and thus no game report from me :(

We have some games held back that will get us close, if not all the way.

RGB 1200
Midaski 1400
Vann Harl 1200 + 600 = 1800
Guvnor 750
Brunger 1200
Rha celt ?

Total 8150 + ?

I have us at 6600 behind Stirland at this point

Offline Elieress

• Members
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2005, 08:10:28 AM »
I have a massacre versus empire with full bonuses from yesterday. (the poor bloke from this sunday wanted a rematch...) and a major victory against highelves with a bonus for armylist.

I have no idea what the scores from that are though.
Elieress... Just an old RPG name that got stuck to most of my online profiles...

CPH denmark

Offline Rorrak

• Members
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2005, 08:45:43 AM »
Ok here is a summary of the current state.

We don't know how long before the forum is locked. It could be anytime from now on.

wojammer is in with 4 reports and is one of stirlands big hitters, he posted at Udo's

We have enough to go into the lead by 4100 if no more stirland games are reported at TUW and if we get our reports in before lock down.

We are sitting here on a hard choice. When must we post these games ?
GH said he has the option of morning, afternoon or evening.

If we go too early we give Stirland some reaction time and they have some games in hand by my reckoning. If we wait we could miss the ability to post our games.

There you have it. Not an easy Choice.

I reckon T-Land probably have some games in hand also, quite a few in fact. A surge at Kaltenbach could see that go to contested but they have been posting at Udo's (could be a ruse)

We probably have enough to take TUW.

RGB 1200
Midaski 1400
Sid Vicous  1800
Vann Harl  1800
Guvnor 750
Brunger 1200
Rha celt ?
Elieress 2550

Total 10700

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2005, 09:17:31 AM »
wojammer has put ONE at TUW - a massacre with full bonuses = 1600pts.

I think it still leaves it vulnerable though.

My feelings are we try to win the Watchman - if helblaster posts up at Kaltenbach it will go contested and we will have a chance to win it back next round.

If Talabecland decide to fight for Udo's then we may be ok.

I make it 10.15 BST = 9.15 GMT and the general is probably at around 11.15am.

We may have to guess at around another 5 hours before tally up.
If we get it wrong it's game over I think.

Oh the excitement :!:

Offline Vann Harl

• Members
  • Wolf Brother
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2005, 10:45:17 AM »
I'm posting 1 now and another in an hour or 2 to TUW

- Oscar Wilde

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2005, 12:00:50 PM »
STill no sign of Helblaster - the tension mounts.

I'm checking Maths here:

RGB 1200
Midaski 1400
Sid Vicous 1800
Vann Harl 1200 - posted the 600 a little while ago.
Guvnor 750

Brunger 1200 - 800 for massacre, 50% = +400, and he used scenario, and sounds like his was a campaign list = 1600 total.

Rha celt ?
Elieress 2550 - ? 1600 for full bonuses massacre, & 600 + 150 [25%] =2350

Total 10100 - possibly 10300?

The gap at TUW is 7000.

I'd still like to put a deterrent post at Kaltenbach.

We probably ought to use about 9000+ at TUW, and then see if we can slip a couple of smaller bits to Kaltenbach.

We need to hear from rhacelt, and anyone else with a few points.

Offline Elieress

• Members
Round 5 Tactics.
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2005, 12:27:27 PM »
I get the distinct feeling that people are lurking and preparing to post a lot of batreps...

There are 6 guests and 10 people logged in at the moment.. (probably more as that number is only based on people who were active within 5 minutes)

Normally at this time of the day there are less than half that...  One more hint could be the incredible inactivity there is in the posting department.. people are lurking, but not posting...

Its all rather exciting actually....

Could one of you fine gentlemen with a sense of timing please give us updates once in a while about when we should post?  something like "Post in X hours"

or perhaps "POST POST POST! WE NEED YOUR BATREPS NOW"
!!! The above is an EXAMPLE!!! not a suggestion to start posting yet !!!

CPH denmark