home

Author Topic: 9th and FINAL Round  (Read 7231 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
9th and FINAL Round
« on: September 14, 2005, 07:56:19 AM »
Well it seems we may finish a gallant second.

Our 2 South African stalwarts, Rorrak and Vann Harl, are off to their National Tourney this weekend, so will have difficulty contributing.

Good Luck Boys

It depends on the length of the Round - but the General said "short" so that may be Sunday or even less.

We are so far behind at Bechafen that Talabecland should win comfortably now - I am not sure what went wrong there, as I could not foresee them scoring that much :oops:

They posted 31 battles as opposed to our 12 - so that was probably the root cause, but I think some of my maths was suspect too :oops:

Well we'll wait and see the modifiers/conditions, but as we're some 42000 points behind at Bechafen, and I think we'd need over 14,000 at Brustenbruck I doubt we can change much.
 :wink:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Rorrak

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 09:22:03 AM »
Its amazing how life works sometimes.

A friend of mine is down in Durban today and tommorow for bussiness and has brought his dwarves with. He has agreed to play two smaller 1000 point games instead of a  2000 pointer.

This really puts a spanner in my painting / Basing preparation works though, but its rare that I get to see him. I guess some midnight oil on Thursday will be called for.

Add to that 3 skirmish games (already played) and I become a contributer this round :)

Offline Rorrak

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 12:20:30 PM »
What happened.

31 Battles and 21 Skirmishes from handfull of T-Land players is what happened. With the 50% modifier in place a nicely modified skirmish  was worth more than an unmodified full on battle.

Can we retaliate ?

If we could muster up our much larger crew and get games some games out of them we certainly could but that sounds improbable.

Taking Brustenbach will net us more territories than T-Land but they will have the prize location.

Bechafen seems to be the option to go for.

Offline Vann Harl

• Members
  • Wolf Brother
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 12:26:35 PM »
Thank you for the support Madaski   :-D The Nationals will be a big learning curve for me as its my first big tourney.  Unfortunately I have no more battles to report for this round and I guess I must bow out and say adieu.

The Middenland team has done rightously well! we can rightly be proud our legendary defence of Kaltenbach and our feats at "The Uneasy"

A big Cheers for Midaski who whipped us into an organised fighting force, and applause to some of the finest Generals to serve the Empire who lent their strategic and tactical acumen and contributed to our tactical discussions in this forum aided by a fine "Standings Tally" programme. You can all be proud!
Of course the best tactical theories would have been nothing if it was not for all the players who waded accross the muddy river Talabec and footslogged accross countless gamming boards to bring us their battle reports.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

We have one more chance to bloody the nose of the Tallies :!:

"Bury their bones in Bechafen!" Let this be our new war cry! don't let them take it easy
Grand Writing Competition winning entry;
"I was there! With the Men of Erlach!"

"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious"
- Oscar Wilde

Offline rha celt

• Members
Lets go out fighting!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 12:28:23 PM »
I plan to play as many games as it takes this week to get 5 massacres.  I then plan to get up saterday morning and post them all to  Brustenbeck(sp). I am of the opinion that if we talk nice to the Tali's this week they may not expect this.  I really do not think this would give us the campaign but it would let them know we went down fighting.  They only have 13,000 points there and if we all make a big push this week  we may be able to at least contest it.  I hope for any support we can rally and that everyone knows we are not done making them fear are steel.
When in doubt attack, hey sometimes it works

Offline Rorrak

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 12:45:52 PM »
Hi,

I suspect it may only be a 4 day round.

I can phone my saturday games from the tournament into my wife and she could post them for me. Assuming I win of course :)

That gives me a potential 5 Results of wich I can pick the best 4.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 01:19:22 PM »
@rha.
If we got enough battles we could take Bechafen to contested.
The Talas have to have 50% more than the combined totals of us and Stirland.
Stirland's total cannot change unless they post skirmishes - maybe we need to point that out to them :wink:

I am not sure how it is working?
Talas have 75475
We have 33825 plus Stirland have 22750 = 56575.
[They are 18900 ahead of the combined total of the other factions]

Now + 50% of 56575 makes 84863 ?? which should mean they do not have control??

So I am not sure what the maths are.
Basically I imagine that we need to make up some of the difference to a certain point and then to keep overall control they will have to post DOUBLE our points thereafter..................
 :?:

@Vann Harl
Good luck with he tourney, and see what Rorrak said about 'phone home'
["VH Phone Home"]

@Rorrak
Yes we got caught out with a poor round just when they had a cracker.

They had a dedicated team of 6/7 who all played and posted big - we had more contributors/members, but with a much more sporadic gaming pattern..............

If only we could suddenly have 25 or so members suddenly appear this round with 1 or 2 battles each and it would be us posting 35 battles, and maybe really contesting ..........

............ but such is the fickle nature of internet warring, and the inability of commanders to put itinerant generals in front of a firing squad ..
:wink:  :wink:  

Still it has generally been great fun; the campaign fluff and literature was brilliant, and the concept magnificent ...............

............. and I have devoted far too much time to it.
 :roll:

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 01:37:47 PM »
Midaski:

You need to have 50% of the total control rate in a location to contest/hold it. Ie:

Talabecland:..75,475
Middenland:...33,825
Stirland:........22,750
__________________+

50% of 132,050 is 66,025 - Talabecland beats this score, and is thus in control.
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 01:58:32 PM »
Quote from: General Helstrom
Midaski:

You need to have 50% of the total control rate in a location to contest/hold it. Ie:

Talabecland:..75,475
Middenland:...33,825
Stirland:........22,750
__________________+

50% of 132,050 is 66,025 - Talabecland beats this score, and is thus in control.

Midaski returns from studious searching of Campaign pages and FAQ's, trying to find conditions for control of Bechafen to discover someone has just posted it here............

OK so current 50% is 66025, and Talas have 75475 so we have to make up 18900 + 1 to start with to get it back to contested.

Then we have to match anything the Talas post there.

So there is our target guys 18901 point more than Talabecland at Bechafen this round, or by 'Saturday Calvin Time'.

Brustenbruck will need 13850 + 1 points more than the Talas to make it contested.

I reckon both are probably well out of our reach seeing as we got well outscored last round.
Brustenbruck is probably more realistic BUT doesn't have the same sort of Kudos as pushing them close in Bechafen.

I think we all have to agree to post to the SAME target.

I would vote Bechafen.

Offline Rorrak

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 02:12:35 PM »
I agree all at the same target.

I agree Bechafen.

Any attempt at Kaltenbach will wither if they see a hefty push at Bechafen.

We have nothing to lose but they do.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 02:21:18 PM »
Well I have a massacre from last Sunday I saved, and I should get 2 games in Friday night - I might 'ensure' I play the weaker opponents!

My son and his DE are really giving me problems at present - his list is one of the few that is MORE mobile than my CoU / Kislev cavalry combination.
Still a few more days and I can dump a pure campaign list and reintroduce his bloody Dark riders and Shades to a helblaster.
 :wink:  :wink:
Last week I did get a game in with him on the Wednesday as well, as his judo was cancelled - not sure if he's going tonight or not.

Anyway enough of my rambling.............

Might be fun to hold off until the Saturday morning and then post everything in one big hit.........

we could have a unified faction posting at a set universal time ..........

our final act of solidarity ......................

Offline rha celt

• Members
You are the command.
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 04:11:34 PM »
You guys, Midaski and Rorrak, have lead us brilliantly so far. It is not your fault that your command has many other duties besides this campaign.  I have every entention of posting 4 or 5 major wins saturday  morning even if it means an all nighter friday. I also know you want all the points at Bechafen.  My point would be is it going to effect the outcome? If we take the same amount of points and commit them to Brustenbruck can we not at least contest it. I just feel that Bechafen after the tali"s get done posting will be completely out of reach.  I still think we need to post as many skirmish battles as we possibly can but lets save all the good ones for a full press, do or die, saturday.
When in doubt attack, hey sometimes it works

Offline Guvnor

• Members
  • I'm just north of London
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 07:34:57 PM »
A big bechafen push should secure us a good bit of fluff and respect but I think at this stage we might need to *suggest* to the stirlanders that the talabeclanders need some stopping, if they agree to go for bechafen then between us the talas should lose it to contested.

Now the sneaky bit: We persuade the stirlanders to attack bechafen then wait until sat and go for burtsenbruck. The stirlanders will contest bechafen and we should win burtenbruck, effectively we have used the stirs to stop tala and should end up winning. Of course this relies on gullible stirlanders, but hey they seeem to have fulfilled that so far.

Just an idea.  :-D

Excuse spelling am doing this at same time as coursework.
I have one sentence in response to the engineer and mechanical: Empire is post-feudal age, not post-nuclear age!

Offline Guvnor

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 07:36:30 PM »
Btw does that opole count for anything?
I have one sentence in response to the engineer and mechanical: Empire is post-feudal age, not post-nuclear age!

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 09:34:41 PM »
Opole is a neutral location, only there because it's... Well, there :)
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2005, 11:02:36 PM »
@Guvnor
The problem is we will not 'win' anything in one round - we can only contest it...........

We are really looking for some 'bragging rights'  :wink:

Brustenbruck might have some merit as we could say that theoretically the Talas wouldn't hang on to Bechafen with us virually surrounding them, but then they still have a solid lead at Udo's :roll:

I am alos not sure about total battle points scored over the entire campaign - should be fairly easy to total up from Rorrak's current standings - but I am too tired and in need of sleep now.......

Offline Middenland_is_Okay

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2005, 03:56:11 AM »
I would not count on anything from the Stirs, as they are almost nonexistant at the moment.
I make no sense, and I don't care!!

Offline Rorrak

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2005, 06:13:15 AM »
Hi,

Well I did well against an out of practice friend last night. We had some good laughs and beers and the result is that I have ...

1 Massacre vs Dwarves + Campaign List.
1 Solid vs Dwarves + Campaign List.

We didnt use a scenario because neither of us liked the one for Bechafen really.

Offline Erken

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2005, 12:37:26 PM »
Its good if we post up all of our points to se how much we have, like Rorrak just did. Then if we save them up we would now where they would be of best use when we get near this rounds end.

Maybe we could do it in a seperate thread.

I got a massacre yesterday so i have:

1 massacre vs dwarfs with campagin list no scenario

Offline Guvnor

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2005, 02:26:17 PM »
Well if we're talking about bragging then the talas have it all cos' they have bechafen and nobody else can win it, only contest.

It really depends whether we want to contest bechafen and draw with talas or go for somewhere else and probly lose.   :?

Edit: Reading through the results again I think that there is no chance we will contest either one as, If I was a tally, I would simply split 50/50 on brustenbruck and bechafen as that means we probably can't contest either one. And I'm pretty sure they are smarter than me.

We will come in second I think and the only way we might win is if the stirs rally and do one last push at Udo's and we contest bechafen. That means we have 4 and the tala's have 3 and 2 contested.

There is a chance!!!! :-D  :-D  :-D  :wink:

Offline Rorrak

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2005, 02:52:34 PM »
If you look at round 7's results no one contested Bechafen. I suspect that Bechafen belongs to the faction that has 50% or more of the total control rate. There is no intermediate "contested" state.

For that reason its possible to take ownership of Bechafen away from TLand in one round. Thats not something we can do anywhere else.

Interestingly Stirland are doing a light push at UDO's, or maybe its just a rogue general.

To take Bechafen to unowned isnt out of reach. Its unlikely but not impossible.

Offline Guvnor

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2005, 05:26:04 PM »
So when nobody had it it was effectivley 'controlled' by the riots, right? Ah, I see.

If we can team up with stirland then the talas may lose enough for us to take victory!!! :-D

But, then again I may be talking rubbish...  :(

Offline Guvnor

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2005, 05:29:50 PM »
Since it is the imperial scrivener i imagine it could be the start of a big stir assualt. :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2005, 07:17:47 PM »
It might be nice if the Talas 'thought' they were under attack at Udo's and put a few reports there - it would take away points from Bechafen.

A feint from us at Brustenbruck might accomplish the same thing........

But really I think it is too late - we look like we would need 44,000 points or more to really take over ......................

I suppose we still have to throw everything at Bechafen and pray for a few miracle appearances from our membership with loads of battles.

Anyway I am off to do battle with the troublesome DE, as their general informs me he has finished his coursework ..............

Now if I can just have a bit of luck, and just for once get some of my traps and manoeuvring to work..................

:-D  :wink:

Offline Rorrak

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2005, 08:08:56 AM »
Well I'm all ready for the tourney. All painted, Based, Fluffed and Rostered.
100% Wysiwyg. A very non standard list for me, but I've heard that decked out lists akin to UK GT are required for this tourney.

Even had time for a practice game and got the kind of result I'm hoping for in the tourney :)

My wife wont be able to post for me on Saturday because she wont be home so I'm going to have to post my battles today soonish. They are all fairly good scoring.

Massacre Dwarves List. 1400
Solid Dwarves List 1050
Massacre Dwarves. 1200

The drawback is that I have to do them soon and this will give away our intention.