home

Author Topic: Monthly Painting & Scenery Goals 2020 ...  (Read 46093 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: Monthly Painting & Scenery Goals 2020 ...
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2020, 10:21:46 PM »
Made it!
Lord Arcanum on a gryph charger next

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2020, 03:25:01 PM »
Looks like my "really busy live music March" will be turning into "more time to paint March" as events are bing cancelled all over the UK...

Here's my Laserburn to do list for this month, I might add more to it later
Polic Scout Car
2 x Glaive APCs
10 x Imperial Power Armour

Offline Von Zorn

• Members
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2020, 07:36:31 PM »
Put me down for painting 18 Mercenary Pikemen. It's a tall ask as my painting has slowed down horrifically since about November last year, but maybe this will motivate me...

Offline Borderguy190

• Members
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2020, 01:25:17 AM »
Thanks GP fpr the kind comments.  The Revenant was the biggest model ive ever painted and went big.  Pretty happy how it turned out.

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2020, 10:19:58 PM »
More little Laserburn minis...

Scout Car in Colonial Police colours

Glaive APCs (also available in Anti-Grav and Hover versions!)

Imperial Power Armour - the huge phallic weapons are Plasma Guns, the other guys have Assault Power Armour which has two double barrelled lasers and a hand flamer built in

Power Armour Platoon Command Squad - double-barrelled rapid-fire support boltguns for the win!

Going to keep going on these little guys for a bit longer, I'm really not feeling the urge to paint 28mm at the moment!

Next up - some industrial robots,a pile of swappable weapon turrets for the vehicles, and then two more classic vehicles - a Scythe Jetcopter and a Scorpion Assault Lander!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 10:22:37 PM by Shadespyre »

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2020, 05:01:39 PM »
Commissar finished but looks like the event has been cancelled.

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2020, 11:56:27 PM »
That's a shame.

More little guys? More little guys:

Brightly coloured industrial robots

Scythe Jetcopter:

Scorpion Assault Lander:

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2020, 02:30:33 AM »
I really like the vintage sci-fi. Is it all from the original Laserburn range?

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2020, 05:07:15 PM »
Yes, all the original range except the small white robot which I think is a Traveller miniature. You can get pretty much all the original 15mm scale range from Alternative Armies.

Got a few more bits to finish off, then a new project for April I think.

Offline Borderguy190

• Members
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2020, 05:19:15 PM »

March goals complete. Grave Golem and Old School Glade Guard
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 05:27:10 PM by Borderguy190 »

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2020, 10:59:13 PM »
Always nice to see those classic Elves  :eusa_clap:

Here's my last offering of the month, probably.

I decided to paint these guys in Space Suits in hi-vis/hazmat yellow as I don't really envisage doing any zero-G scenarios with the models I've got. I think it worked better than I expected?

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2020, 11:39:07 PM »
I never knew what to do with those particular Tabeletop Games guys, back in the day. I wish I had thought of that. Nicely done!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Borderguy190

• Members
« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2020, 09:10:35 PM »
While I am on, i might as well thrown up April's models. A Wood Elf Forest Dragon and rider, and a pair of great eagles, also for the ever growing wood elves.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2020, 12:19:01 AM »
The shipwreck and graveyard golems look great. How large is the graveyard one?

FWIW, I finished my 10 wardancers plus one extra. Pics to be posted as soon as my entry is published on the OWAC site.

For April I will do what always do in April. Paint giants! To keep going with the wood elves, I will also paint an oldschool ent, which is sort of like a giant for wood elves, I guess. So my lofty goal: 2 giants and 1 ent.

Offline Borderguy190

• Members
« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2020, 02:45:29 AM »
I just measured it ZeroTwentythree. Its 6cm across the front, 7cm deep and 9cm high. The iron gate pieces make it much deeper and taller.

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2020, 08:49:07 AM »
No target for April.

I’m sorry but I’m going to drop out of the Monthly P&S Goals for a bit. This COVID 19 self-isolating thing is getting to me. Normally I wish for more time to model but having 12 hours a day as against the odd half hour here and there isn’t working. I’ve a number of other projects (historical research) and other neglected hobbies that I should do something with and will add some variety to my day. I’ve had eye problems in the past so it will also take the strain off them as well.

I won’t stop painting but without the regular store competitions there will be no incentive to finish one unit before starting the next.  Just before they closed the local GW store started a thing they called a Hobby Quest in which you planned to build and paint 10 units, heroes, bits of scenery etc. which is set to run until September 2021. It just so happens that I had 10 items/units in the planning stage for the Apatoa Pahure Pioneers so I signed up for this Quest.

This then is my modelling target for the next year and a half, at the moment some items are just a name, others a sketch or a pile of bits in a box with only one started on its build.

Hopefully the world will have returned to normal before then but until it does - Stay Safe Everyone.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2020, 09:26:09 AM »
JAK ... stay aware (it can be unpleasant but some info is worth having), make healthy choices, and be connected and supported.  Hope to see ya around here as possible.  Thank you for all you inspirational posting, painting and imagination.  Cheers! GP :icon_cool: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2020, 12:13:57 PM »
Not on my actual list as posted here, but they were on my much longer hand written list.

Portomaggioran sappers. Not sure about their eyes (I tried a new, more naturalistic way) and I might go back to using 'eye liner' so that they look like I painted them!!!!

The Gaffer

The Diggers

The Carriers
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2020, 12:18:39 PM »
Freakin awesome Padre. What a great idea of having sappers 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2020, 04:06:52 PM »
That is awesome.  And I love their look.  Plus your production level is amazing, thanks for all you do here! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Borderguy190

• Members
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2020, 06:35:08 PM »
April goals: A Wood Elf forest dragon and a pair of great eagles. 

Happily in March I was able to paint 10 Empire Swirdsmen and a Reiksguard knight. The swords had to match a unit of 15 I painted many moons ago, and the knight had to match a unit I bought painted off BarterTown.  I was able to pull it off!  Pics when I get a chance.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2020, 12:13:45 PM »
March:
Finished my first 10 Strike Team Fire Warriors for the T'au Sept

Wasn't on my goal list but finished nonetheless
And did the last pieces of work on my 20 Poxwalkers, now with finished bases and rusted weapons

April:
Trying to get the second bunch of 10 fire warriors done and either 1 broadside or a coldstar commander
Plus finishing up 7 Plague Marines (1 already done mostly as a test model, just needs some extra details and base to be done)
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2020, 01:41:55 PM »
Got to work today first today, imagine that, then I will tally last month up and start the new list.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2020, 01:58:22 PM »
I said it on his tau thread but I’ll say it again. Those poxwalkers are crazy great! Tau are masterpieces as usual.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2020, 02:17:51 AM »

My wardancers are up. Grimmer. Darkerer. No frolicking tree huggers here.  :wink:

These are all with double handed weapons. I've got another regiment with dual weapons coming up in a few months.

http://oldworldarmychallenge.blogspot.com/2020/04/zerotwentythrees-march-wood-elves-242.html