home

Author Topic: Tango ...  (Read 2385 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Tango ...
« on: November 28, 2019, 03:39:05 PM »
Been delaying starting such a thread for a long time, but here it is.

This is what I want to be doing at this gentlemen's stage of life ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9f0J5ALA70

There are those who could be considered better, although he is very good, obviously doing tango for awhile to be at this skill level.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
Re: Tango ...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 05:57:08 AM »
Had the opportunity to hear this modern tango orchestra play at a milonga here in Boston this evening as they make their only stop here on their U.S. and Canadian tour for 2020 ...

... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yju7e4Gfrk ...

And danced the night away to these guys ... quite the evening. :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 05:52:14 PM »
Had a funny thought. A milonga where everyone's wearing plague doctor masks due to the pandemic. It would look like a stork's ball.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 06:15:30 PM »
Lol. Well my last milonga was the one I attended 10 days or so ago.  No other dancing being done either.  Most events at this point have been canceled anyway.  Luckily for me my new place has a room for hobbies including dance practice.  And other exercise.  And miniature hobbying too!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 11:06:12 PM »
Tango and ballroom dancing, heck all forms of social dancing have come to a significant slow down for most of this past year.  I managed to take some dance exercise classes, but can't take fuller on line lessons without a partner.  The only ballroom was done in front of the Jefferson Memorial with a lady friend at the time, but that has come to an end as well when she decided to hitch up with an old flame.

However, I was day dreaming today and found this popping into view in between other youtube videos ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91qYqw77zBQ

... that couple is one of my all time favorites, although they are no longer dancing thru life together.  In that video they are dancing to a famous Di Sarli tune, and at a dance studio in New York, although they are from France and Italy.

To a non-dancer this can look good, and it is a classical close embrace style being shown here, yet they are doing it well, and to dance this piece of music with someone you can connect, it's a very sexy set of feelings that can be quite exhilarating as it happens.

Midaski would call it vertical tango, and it is the next best thing to horizontal tango that there is. :icon_wink:

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2020, 03:31:56 AM »
If I still used FB I'd post the video from Maryland Day where I danced on stage. I used a photo of the event as part of my dating profile. The picture, showing me dancing with a girl waaayyy taller than me, is what prompted my future wife to message me and the rest is history.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2020, 10:21:43 AM »
Yep, I have a picture on my current dating profile that has me dancing with a lady, can't see her face just mine.  It does get some attention ... lol.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2022, 03:39:28 AM »
With the public health issue of 2020 to 2021, it's been awhile since I've been tango dancing.  But the time is nearing for me to take it up again.

I have been watching tango videos recently, and this next one was particularly good ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvqOlqmJ8IM

It is done to "Una Vez" (One Time) by Osvaldo Pugliese, sung by Alberto Morán.  The dancers are Marta Kubicz and David Samaniego.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2023, 12:54:01 AM »
I have continued to delay my return to dancing tango.  It is getting closer though, very close.

Attended a couple of ballroom dances back in Oct & Dec of 2022.  And I have my eyes set on some Argentine Tango lessons in the Boston area.

It is dancing like this ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5NuyYANRPQ ...

... to Argentina Tango's version of Waltz, called Vals that is inspiring me to return as soon as certain personal and professional items have been completed in the next few months. :icon_cool:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2023, 09:43:29 AM »
A little "milonga" style tango ... in a green dress and green jacket no less, just in time for St. Patty's Day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wNHNcGlPn8