home

Author Topic: pistoliers with armor  (Read 3778 times)

Offline judoonplatoon1

• Members
pistoliers with armor
« on: April 19, 2010, 09:50:51 PM »
I believe that where pistoliers are OK they could be improved. Either increase pistol range or give them heavy armor and boost points 23. currently they are always in charging distance with not a good armor save
I'm a soul man

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
Re: pistoliers with armor
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 11:15:52 PM »
I've always thought that pistols having a max range shorter than a man can charge was stupid, likewise with thrown weapons.
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 12:36:42 AM »
Or like a harrying move of galloping forward, shooting and then turning around back the way they came.
I for one welcome our new flying cat overlords.

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 03:39:44 AM »
like the parthian shot move that nomad cavalry get from warhammer ancient battles.  The applicable cavalry can make a normal movement so long as they are not also marching shoot as normal then make another move in any direction after their shooting phase so long as this isn't a charge.  This can effectively give them a 16 inch shooting range without changing any of the other rules, or let them effectively do a drive by shooting as they ride for the back field.
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

Offline judoonplatoon1

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 09:24:54 PM »
that would work well and wouldn't cause a massive change in the rules
I'm a soul man

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 05:02:30 PM »
 :icon_twisted: we could even give them and the outriders both all of the nomad cavalry rules from WAB.  I'd really like that. 
"DEfighter wrote: