home

Author Topic: Discworld – An apology from Photobucket - Not  (Read 82096 times)

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Re: Discworld – Guild of Assassins Company of Gonnes
« Reply #175 on: July 07, 2017, 07:51:40 AM »
Be thankful you're not dealing with 3600 photographs so spread over 11 years, in hundreds of posts including 1 to 50 carefully placed images.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Qrab

• Members
Re: Discworld – Thread closed due to PHOTOBUCKET’s Greed
« Reply #176 on: July 08, 2017, 03:13:17 PM »
I've used pbase.com to host my photos for more than 10 years without an issue. $23/year for 800 MB of space.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #177 on: July 10, 2017, 12:59:01 PM »
 :? :-o :icon_cry: :icon_confused: :icon_question: :| :-) :icon_biggrin: :-D

:icon_lol:  :icon_wink:   :eusa_clap:
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #178 on: July 10, 2017, 01:49:15 PM »
:? :-o :icon_cry: :icon_confused: :icon_question: :| :-) :icon_biggrin: :-D

:icon_lol:  :icon_wink:   :eusa_clap:

Clever URL modification, there.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #179 on: July 10, 2017, 01:55:29 PM »
Not my idea. I just did what someone said to do. If only it was feasible 3600 times over, and could be relied to to last more than a few days (when ph'buck will notice and shut the loophole down.)

Offline JAK

• Members
Re: Discworld – The Daughters of OM
« Reply #180 on: June 11, 2018, 06:30:37 PM »
Last year I asked a number of people about the compatibility of the Sisters of Silence with an Empire army and while all agreed they would work there were no examples of this being done.

Earlier this year I saw a built Lady Greyfax in the local GW window which I liked the look of. The shop manager said she was only available as part of a set, but could be got on Ebay for £18-20. Less than a couple of weeks later GW announced she was to be released as a single figure (I would have thought that he should have known this). Not that this mattered to me as I was fortunate to obtain her for £10 and as the Sisters of Silence were only a couple of £ more bought them as well.

Basically a unit of 2hd swords there were little or no 40K markings on them so it was just a case of finding them proper great swords, some puffy sleeves and building. I looked at illustrations from the Medieval sword manuals and chose a stance that matched the figure’s leg positions to save on conversion work.

Grayfax also received new arms and a head from the Sisters, together with the spare loincloth from that kit which didn’t need much work to make it fit. Her hat brim isn’t really wide enough for a Priest of OM but she doesn’t look as if she’d give anyone the chance to convert.

Like the Gonnes this unit is not mentioned in Discworld but I’m sure Leo Quirm has something to do with them. The theme is going slightly towards Steampunk but still without the availability of black powder and refusing to use wheels and cogs and other common steampunk iconography.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #181 on: June 11, 2018, 11:08:55 PM »
Holy snappin’ conversions!! They are cool😸
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #182 on: June 12, 2018, 01:39:10 AM »
Great job :eusa_clap:

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #183 on: June 13, 2018, 03:36:11 AM »
whoa  :Ohmy:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #184 on: June 13, 2018, 05:47:22 PM »
Impressive. :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #185 on: June 14, 2018, 10:20:30 AM »

Earlier this year I saw a built Lady Greyfax in the local GW window which I liked the look of. The shop manager said she was only available as part of a set, but could be got on Ebay for £18-20. Less than a couple of weeks later GW announced she was to be released as a single figure (I would have thought that he should have known this).

I've known (and still know) a few GW store managers as friends, and they sometimes get shown a few bits about the next few big releases when they meet at Nottingham every few months, but are under strict NDAs about that, and they don't get specific release dates.  And they don't get info until White Dwarf comes out, or the Next Week on Warhammer Community about when something is re-released separately.   In this case, I doubt she would have know if Greyfax was coming out separately from the Gathering Storm box set.

Offline JAK

• Members
Re: Discworld – An apology from Photobucket - Not
« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2021, 07:00:48 PM »
It seems that Photobucket are not satisfied with the changes it has made over the past years to ruin forums and the like and have c***ed things up even more. I don’t know when they did this as they never informed me but their site says current rules for free accounts are that you can only have 250 pictures which can use up to 2.5GB of their server space. I had 400 pictures on their site deposited between 2010 and 2016 and because they had been resized to Forum standards I am taking up an excessive 120.87 MB on their server.

I received an email from them threatening to close my account because I’m using too much storage? 

When I went to my page (something I’ve not done since the start of the problems) all my photos are in a haze and I’m told I have to upgrade before I can see them. I’m not prepared to pay them $60 just so that I can see my own photos so I started to deleted them thinking that if I got down to the free level of 250 they would release the restrictions on my account. They didn’t until I got down to around 150 left which I’m sorry to say means there may no longer be any images at the start of this thread.

The originals of the deleted pictures are on an old PC which is not at my current location so at the present time it is unlikely that any missing images will be reinstated soon.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
Re: Discworld – An apology from Photobucket - Not
« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2021, 07:17:10 PM »
It is a pity, but not entirely unexpected. When they changed their policy, I started to copy my 300 pictures or so to imgur, and reinsert them here. Granted, it took me some time, but it was well worth it.

I do remember getting similar messages, and deleting pictures did not seem to make much difference. If I am not mistaken, 3rd party hosting was allowed up to 25 MB.  Not sure if that is still the case, and do not care. 
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)