home

Author Topic: The Election  (Read 13514 times)

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
The Election
« on: March 26, 2013, 11:22:38 PM »
Quick reminder to have your vote thread up. Deadline is tonight and whilst most of you have finished they need to be up tonight.

There will be a substantial update afterwards and new developments as the mechanics and story change!
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Silas

• Members
Re: The Election
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 11:29:30 PM »
Wait what!

Could we not have a a bit of warning that we would only have two days to negotiate over votes. I'm still in the middle of negotiating with several people and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 11:46:31 PM »
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=45892.0

There was a thread in the Storyline forum posted at the same time as the update of the fluff with a declaration of the election timetable. It's quoted here for reference.

From the hand of his Holiness Ar Ulric

The time has come to declare a new Emperor. You are summoned to come and vote at Middenheim immediately. With this in mind it is officially declared that there will be a ceasefire to facilitate the journey of all electors. Any attempt to harm or delay an elector will be seen as an act of treason.

Any aggression from this point on will result in excommunication and a declaration of treason.

The vote will be held on Midwinter. (Tuesday 11.59pm is the deadline for votes.)

Ar Ulric.

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 11:49:50 PM »
I swear there wasn't a real life time in it when I read that post...

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 11:50:51 PM »
There was always one there.

It was the entire reason for that thread.

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 11:53:19 PM »
I'm not doubting that there was one. I'm just lambasting my own stupidity at not seeing it.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 11:56:33 PM »
Right. Since apparently a couple of people wrote that they will fill it in 'tonight' and it turns out most of you are American you can have until 23.59pm EST.

It will allow you all time to fill in the forms properly - please do so as I will be using details for the election tomorrow.

There are no more NPC replies however and some were submitted this afternoon or very, very late tonight and won't receive responses.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:59:40 PM by Mogsam »

ReiklanderCaptain

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 12:04:03 AM »
You're not the only one Silas :-/

For some reason I had friday in mind as the end of the turn...

Thankfully I got the most important things done by now...

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 12:29:11 AM »
It's simple, really. We all refuse to be bribed and Kislev kills us all because the Empire is divided. Good thing we Urebachians are holed up in our castle, so we will likely be the last to die. :D

If this campaign has taught me anything:

1) Do not trust women in pants. Hilde...
2) Be nice in all negotiations
3) Attacking people isn't the best way to make friends. Maybe next time Titus would prefer a fruitcake instead of a siege?
Treachery and Greed: Golden Company
Empire of Wolves: Urenbach

Two campaigns. Two factions. Both prove that you can lose a campaign horribly and still have a great time. Behold, the power of RPing!

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 12:37:10 AM »
Attacking people isn't the best way to make friends.

My policy of moving troops to surround someones capital then getting them to declare for my candidate begs to differ. :P

Offline NewGuy

• Members
  • Unrepentant DoW player
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 12:43:40 AM »
She never wore pants!

She was in a skirt the whole time.
I've dumped the plans of using Bretonnians. They suck.

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 12:57:04 AM »
Attacking people isn't the best way to make friends.

My policy of moving troops to surround someones capital then getting them to declare for my candidate begs to differ. :P

That's because you we're nice to us. If Titus/Rusdolf just treated us like a potential ally, we'd have joined the Ducchia Alliance. So let that be a lesson. Defeat an enemy? Treat them well and you will have an ally. Treat them like trash and they will find so done else to ally with.

She never wore pants!

Even in battle? I think not. The pants were our undoing!
And thus my plan to divert all blame away from me and Bork goes according to an. Muwuhahaha!!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 12:59:25 AM by Grumbaki »

Two campaigns. Two factions. Both prove that you can lose a campaign horribly and still have a great time. Behold, the power of RPing!

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 01:02:37 AM »
And thus my plan to divert all blame away from me and Bork goes according to an. Muwuhahaha!!

Right now I'd be satisfied with you drawing blame away from me. I didn't even know that all that stuff was gona happen and yet everyone is blaming me. I control my own faction with an iron fist, not my allied ones.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 01:06:24 AM »
If Titus/Rusdolf just treated us like a potential ally, we'd have joined the Ducchia Alliance. So let that be a lesson. Defeat an enemy? Treat them well and you will have an ally. Treat them like trash and they will find so done else to ally with.
Perhaps this kind of comment is best saved for something other than an announcement thread.  However, it isn't reflective of how things have been perceived in the camp of Von Rusdorf's army leaders.  At the same time, the game is still in play.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 01:24:57 AM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline NewGuy

• Members
  • Unrepentant DoW player
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 01:09:24 AM »

She never wore pants!

Even in battle? I think not. The pants were our undoing!

Have you ever seen the Damsel model?
I've dumped the plans of using Bretonnians. They suck.

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 01:40:53 AM »
If Titus/Rusdolf just treated us like a potential ally, we'd have joined the Ducchia Alliance. So let that be a lesson. Defeat an enemy? Treat them well and you will have an ally. Treat them like trash and they will find so done else to ally with.
Perhaps this kind of comment is best saved for something other than an announcement thread.  However, it isn't reflective of how things have been perceived in the camp of Von Rusdorf's army leaders.  At the same time, the game is still in play.

You mean bragging about your wisdom and telling us to be as smart as you is your idea of playing nice? Odd. Still, as you say, there will be time for this later.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 01:48:00 AM »
It seems there's been a misinterpretation.  Didn't suggest there was time for it later, just that the game is in play, and monday morning quarterbacking isn't likely going to change the results anyway. :icon_wink:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 01:51:21 AM »
 But is the game even still in play? Everyone I've spoken to has put their votes in and thus it's over, one way or the other.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 01:55:25 AM »
We've all been informed somewhere that just because the election was complete, didn't mean the game was over.

As an example, based on my limited knowledge, we might not even obtain a candidate that gains the needed minimum of 10 votes.

And ever since this idea was brewing on W-E quite a ways back, there's been talk of more than just the lead up to the election.

We'll need to wait and see.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 01:56:32 AM »
By the way, this was in the first post of this very thread ...

Quick reminder to have your vote thread up. Deadline is tonight and whilst most of you have finished they need to be up tonight.

There will be a substantial update afterwards and new developments as the mechanics and story change!

:::cheers:::
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 02:25:24 AM by GamesPoet »

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 02:03:13 AM »
O I realise that only the election stage is ending. But it's a big stage and once it's done I don't see why we shouldn't talk freely about it. After all how much relevance will our election deals have in the next stage? (now that I'm asking it's probably a fair bit). Are we even going to have the same faction?

Interesting point on a second round of voting. If everyone votes with their alliances and Hornhousen sits on the fence then we will have a second round. As Altenberg will have 9 votes (it might be ten if 'someone' had listen to my tactical advise), the Duccians will have 7 and Kerpen will have 7.

Edit: Though that does assume everyone did win over all their electors...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 02:08:18 AM by Silas »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 02:17:05 AM »
O I realise that only the election stage is ending. But it's a big stage and once it's done I don't see why we shouldn't talk freely about it. After all how much relevance will our election deals have in the next stage? (now that I'm asking it's probably a fair bit). Are we even going to have the same faction?
There has already been one thread locked and apparently removed regarding this kind of talk.  At least that one was in the General Discussions area, while this one is a GM announcement thread.

The rest, we'll see what happens.

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 02:21:27 AM »
Didn't realise a thread had been removed for this kind of talk. I guss we can engage in it once the results are on.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2013, 07:56:08 AM »
That thread was removed for different reasons.

All votes are in. Fluff goes up tonight.

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 08:54:32 AM »
I missed a tread?   :icon_eek:   Damn, always missing the fun! :icon_cry:
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!