home

Author Topic: Dark Stars Game thread IC  (Read 96279 times)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2016, 10:39:09 PM »
Desmond will nod, but keep an eye out for followers. As they head to the hub he'll inspect the shops to see whats for sale, as well as keep an eye out for general information. If he's to be a decent seneschal, he'll need to make some contacts here. Both in the underworld, and the open market.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2016, 03:31:11 PM »
Jace blinks, as if he was lost in a dream and only snapping out of it just now. 'Yes, yes, very well, lead the way.' While traversing the station's halls, the Navigator seems deep in thought, paying no attention to the goods being sold. Whatever trinkets are available are no doubt unsuited for any sort of interplanetary trade, and local business does not seem to concern him as much.

Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2016, 02:04:02 AM »
|Nothing Interesting eh Jace?" Hasarian asks "Can't say I blame you, the real good stuff is in Footfall's core markets. I'm sure we will get a chance to look at the before we leave"

He pauses and looks over his shoulder at you

"Speaking of Footfall, do you lads have any more questions for me as we walk?"

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 02:06:31 AM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2016, 02:21:10 PM »
With no replies Hasarian nods and quickens his pace.

It take you an hour to reach the transport hub, with the crowds as this as they are.

You wait in line to get your pass.

Half an hour later, you take you seat on a private shuttle and you look though the port windows. As you look you can see your destination, The Liege's Court.

"You know" Hasarian says "they sat that the Court in one of the oldest structures in Footfall, the regal transepts and pillared, ornate halls are where the Liege receives those of sufficient importance to warrant a formal welcome. That the Liege’s throne is beauteous alabaster, an ancient masterwork engraved with a hundred scenes of the God-Emperor’s victories, said to have been looted from the wreck of a warship during a long ago war, and equipped with embedded field generators to shield its delicate surface"

Hasariam smiles

"If true, I've seen better" Hasarian leans back in his seat on the shuttle "if you don't have any more questions you might as well take a nap. It will take about two and a half hours to dock"

Player prompt: Now would be a good time too ask some more questions

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2016, 08:37:19 PM »
Desmond gazes at the structure out the window and whistles. "Fancy. Could get real crazy though, sounds like there's going to be an awful lot of... ambitious people in there."

He leans back and cracks his knuckles. "Anything in particular you want us to keep an eye out for bossman?"

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2016, 08:54:59 AM »
'Those of sufficient importance? I was under the impression that Footfall was a rimward facility frequented mostly by merchants and criminals, its power lent to it by those it caters to, not by any official institution of Terra. Exactly where does this "liege" stand in the hierarchy of galactic politics?'
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2016, 11:54:10 AM »
Hasarian strokes his beard "Technically, Footfall is "ruled" by the Liege of Footfall, currently that's Tanthus Moross, as I said before. The Liege is a simple figurehead with no real power. Though I suspect that, should he desire too, that Moross could take over Footfall if he wished. With the friendship of the Tutors, The Slaves Guild I mentioned before, he could muster a large army of Slave Warriors that could dominate Footfall."

Hasarian sits upright

"Speaking of no power, it has just occurred too me that I have not told you the most important law on Footfall, the only law that is" he pauses and looks at each of you with a level stare

"There is an old law, held almost sacrosanct by the powers and people of Footfall. Whenever a Rogue Trader visits Footfall, he rules the station."

He lets another pause fill the air to let it sink in

"However should several visit at once, the most senior Rogue Trader, a nebulous definition, to be sure, rules the station. While Rogue Traders seldom show any interest in actually ruling here, this position of authority, enforced by the raw power of their starships and plentiful armsmen, usually ensures no fool disrupts Footfall's carefully balanced society by messing with them. The Liege foolish enough to ignore this takes his life in his hands"

"That means I may not be the powerhouse here" he says "The very fact of the matter is that Footfall is on a knifes edge. With myself, other Rogue Traders and the power bases all attending this dinner, on the eave of a pronouncement by The Seven, Footfall may be on the brink of civil war, a power grab or even invasion by the outside"

He leans back once again

"I hope you understand now why this Pre-Pronouncement dinner is important. A war between Rogue Traders would be catastrophic too Footfall. Footfall would be destroyed and the Expanse would fall, have no doubt of that. It's the only way in and the only way out."

He smiles once again

"However I doubt it will be that bad" he says "I just though you should now what we are getting in too, but no matter what The Seven's Pronouncement may be, lets keep cool heads aye?"   
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 12:01:51 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2016, 08:11:37 AM »
"My liege" rasps Bane, "in light of these revelations I must advice that we take upmost caution!" Icarus looks around him suspiciously. "This is the perfect opportunity for all sorts of troublemakers and assassins to make their move."
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2016, 05:48:55 PM »
"Oh cool heads, aye aye captain." Desmond responds empathetically. "Nothing but from me. Sounds like it's going to get hectic and that's for sure." He stops talking for a moment and considers what the captain was saying. "This Moross... he can't be to pleased with all these rogue traders around. Sounds like a proud man, doubt he'd like so many powerful people in his home turf. Let alone if there's some ancient rules about them being kings instead of him."

He turns his head a bit to glance at the Captain. "So we're doing our best to safeguard Footfall then?"

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2016, 07:57:08 PM »
Jace smiles at Desmond's question. 'Can't imagine why we would do such a thing. Perhaps our captain is close to having seniority over his fellow rogue traders? If so, this might be a good opportunity for him to... Increase his seniority. Perfect opportunity for all sorts of troublemakers, as Bane points out. And having a strategically positioned space station at your disposal can't be such a terrible thing. Even if it is a cesspool of vile lowlifes.'

He shrugs then, adding 'Merely looking at one of many paths forward, of course, as is my purpose in our endeavour. The choice of which path we take is, as always, the captain's prerogative.'

'As for the babbling of witches; I assure you I shall not lose my composure, or indeed any sleep, over it.'

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2016, 08:13:12 PM »
Desmond chuckles. "Well said Jace. Hectic times like this could lead to all manner of... promotions. All kinds of profit to be had. This has certainly got me interested in what these witches have to say."

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2016, 08:46:46 AM »
"I wager that we could arrange a few... "accidents". Play it cool, create a few opportunities. Make it easier for our ol' captain to grab more power" - Bane smile under his rebreather nastily. "If you wish sir, I can scout the area in advance. Prepare a few nasty surprises..." he murmurs menacingly.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2016, 04:33:19 PM »
Hasarian chuckles

"I don't think that there will be a need for that just yet gentlemen" He says "Keep it in mind once we are off the station though"

He checks his pocket watch

"Do you have any more questions for me?"

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2016, 07:57:02 PM »
'I think I know enough for now.' A hint of a smile appears on his lips. 'Unless you know what manner of cuisine Moross usually serves his guests. I could do with a snack.'

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2016, 01:51:37 AM »
"None from me bossman." Desmond responds leaning back in his seat. "Just looking forward to the show tonight."

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2016, 08:36:17 AM »
"No more questions boss" says Icarus, checking his holsters. "I'm ready for whatever they'll throw at us."

Gneisenau

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2016, 01:52:59 PM »
Hasarian nods and closes his eyes

"Well Jace, the food that nobles supposedly eat here on Footfall can be, well.... you'll see"

With no more questions you settle in for the long wait to dock.

2 and a half hours pass with ease and you finally feel the decking of Moross's private dock under your feet as you disembark from your station shuttle.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2016, 05:13:22 PM »
Desmond waits for Hasarian to step off and follows him out. He looks around and takes in all the sites, being careful to watch for anything that might be suspicious or dangerous.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2016, 05:32:02 PM »
You spot a number of shock-maul armed men paroling the hangar. All are where heavy leathers and looking rather menacing.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2016, 10:49:54 AM »
Bane is looking around as well, marking potential ambush sites, suspicious personell and valid points of escape, should things go south.

Gneisenau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2016, 03:57:57 PM »
Desmond keeps a careful eye and follows the Captain. "Welp that looks like the security. Hopefully their going to be busy actually securing stuff, and not trying to pick a fight like the last wonderful greeting group."

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2016, 04:24:13 PM »
'You handled that rabble well enough,' Jace yawns, 'I am certain now would not be different, should the need arise. Now, will there be an actual servant to lead us to wherever these witches will spill their ramblings, or should I go ahead and assume the reception will be as desultory as everything on this station seems to be? '

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2016, 05:55:10 PM »
"Hummmm..." Hasarian mumbles "Looks like the Tutors slave guard are out in force tonight, Moross must have hired them for security"

Hasarian strokes his beard

"Regardless..." Hasarian trails off a a servo skull floats towards you

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2016, 08:27:57 AM »
"These boys look tough enough... for a kindergarden party" sneers Icarus. "If it comes to it, I should be able to mop the floor with them boss" he adds. He takes a closer look at them and asks Hasarian if there'll be anyone on that party, who should be watched especially closely.

[OOC]: I take a closer look at their armour and weapons. I also try to locate their leader and see if they have comms of any sort.

Gneisenau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2016, 06:48:18 PM »
Desmond smiles and nods, sticking close to the Captain and Bane. Eager to see what the servo skull spits out, but careful to keep a watchful eye on the guards as well.