home

Author Topic: Mammallia Role Playing Game Thread - Players Only.  (Read 17449 times)

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
Re: Mammallia Role Playing Game Thread - Players Only.
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2016, 09:59:40 PM »
As Boris approaches the wizards tent he hears alot of 'OOOOH's and AHHHH's" as the wizard cat waves a stick around. Every so often a puff of smoke comes up or some fire emerges. It's all very impressive. He reaches behind a young sheeps ear and pulls out a silver coin much to the childs amazement.

After a few tricks he pulls out a deck of cards and asks for a volunteer. (If you wish to volunteer then please roll 3D6 + 1D6 seperately)
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2016, 10:19:53 PM »
Boris watches the catmage with interest. He hasn't seen much magic before. He readily volunteers for the card trick!

[3d6 roll = 4! d6 roll = 2]
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2016, 11:12:03 PM »
Simon watches the cat mage's hands, interested in learning whatever trick he is performing.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2016, 07:54:24 AM »
Billy snickers. 'A cat, actually doing work? This fair does contain its share of wonders!' He slaps Simon on the shoulders. 'Not so glum, my brother! You fought well in the arena, even if the mouse had to finish your work. A truly marvellous warrior that one, despite his size! Feast and celebrate this day and night, for you have earned it- tomorrow after the fair, we shall see if a trip back to Wooltopia strikes our mood.'
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2016, 09:00:37 PM »
The cat makes you pick a card out of his hand. You look at it and show your friends, it's the six of cubs. Afterwards you place it back into his hand and watch as he shuffles it around. He has a bit of small talk and suddenly throws the cards into the air! You watch as they catch fire and burn brightly in the air! As 51 cards burn to the floor his hand shoots out and grabs the last card... it's yours!

You try to work out what he did, [2 + 0 = 2 - Fail] but you're far too excited by the action! It is clearly magic! You look amazed at him as he starts talking about all the great trinkets he could sell people, clearly they're all magical!

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2016, 09:43:02 PM »
Boris applauds enthusiastically! He loves the magic trick. "That was very impressive, friend," he tells the wizard. "I'm interested in buying one of your magical objects if you have something I can afford."

He will look at the magical trinkets.
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2016, 06:51:37 AM »
After the last pig is downed Humphrey removes his beret and performs an elaborate bow to all corners of the arena.

"Well fought chaps, the heroes of truffleton!"

Humphrey leaves the arena with scant regard fkr the fallen pig's, soaking in any praise from the crowd.
"Reckon there's some filthy rats to bash now, eh"
He will head for the bash the rat stall.

I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2016, 07:45:00 AM »
Billy grins, clapping. 'Typical cat, throwing everything on the floor, leaving litter everywhere... But an impressive feat nonetheless, I expect there to be no catcalling or catty remarks this day! Any trincat catch your attention, friend Badger? Feline like buying something? I too am curious about what this wizard is trying to paw off!'
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2016, 11:32:47 AM »
Boris: The cat is only too happy to show you some of his wares. He whips out a trinket, it seems to be a gem planted in a silver frame. "Thisss," he purrs, "will keep you safe from harm. I have enchanted it to ward off only the strongest of blows." his claws spin it round interestingly, then suddenly it disappears! He brings out a ring instead. "Or perhaps you'd like thisss one." The ring is very shiny. "The ring of destruction makes you ever so strong." he flips the ring into the air and catches it. "You'd be unstoppable with my magicks!" With a flourish he brings both out and his eyes widen.

Humphrey: Humphrey approaches the bash the rat stall. The pig is still bellowing until he sees you. Clearly he had been watching the fight. "Ser Mouse!" he declares. "Would a hero of Truffleton care to bash this despicable rat?" he waves the rat towards you. It's actually quite adorably made. "Perhaps you might win one of these children a lovely prize!" There are several children, mostly pigs and sheep, but there is actually a mouse there too. The prizes look pretty rubbish to be fair, but this isn't really a true competition, but it does look surprisingly fun. [If you choose to play the game - which I assume you do - then roll 3D6 and 1D6 separately - if you roll a double let me know]

Billy: The crowd looks at you disgusted from your bad puns.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2016, 11:48:47 AM »
Boris looks at both trinkets with obvious longing. "Those looks wonderful," he says, quietly. He reaches for his money pouch and looks inside it. "I don't know if I have enough money to buy such treasures. How much are you asking? Maybe I can buy one of them."
If I wanted to.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2016, 12:14:13 PM »
The cat seems embarrassed it forgot to mention its price. It clearly isn't that good a salescat. He lowers his voice to a whisper. "Either is worth 5 gold, but for you, the champion of Truffleton, I'll sell one for 20 silver."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2016, 12:23:56 PM »
Boris hesitates for a moment, but can't resist. He can surely find a job later to get more money!

"I'll buy the ring, please," he tells the cat. He hands over the money.
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2016, 12:29:50 PM »
Simon wanders along grumpily, too preoccupied with his own meloncholy to enjoy himself.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2016, 01:29:02 PM »
Billy chuckles. 'No need to get catty now, good people.'

He then turns to the carny cat. 'Pretty trinkets both the of them, but your price is too steep for me.' Billy gives one last look at the ring Boris just bought- no telling how much gratitude a particularly drunk ewe or sow might've shown when offered such a pretty bauble.

'Friends, Simon,' he announces loudly. 'I am off to try my luck at this archery contest. Anyone care to join?'

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2016, 01:40:43 PM »
Humphrey looks slightly disappointed, he was expecting an actual rat to bash. "no real rats eh? shame, the Hero of Truffleton is perfectly equipped to dispatch some of those rotters" Humphrey performs an elaborate spin with his spear
"still, can show the young uns what they can aspire to, isnt that right" He hands his spear and shield to the mouse child to hold and twirls his oiled mousetache, stepping up to the stall to bash those rats!

*3 d6 = 7 (1, 3, 3)
d 6 = 3.

Wow, that generator liked the 3s!*

Pass the machete.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2016, 02:29:24 PM »
Boris: The cat eagerly takes your money before you can change your mind. You're so focused on his ring you miss the chance to look up his sleeve and see anything interesting up there. He loses attention the second the deal is over and goes to other saps customers.

As you put the ring on your little finger (badgers have big hands) you think you can feel something change, but it's not very strong. It could be magic, or it could be just a ring and you imagining it. You can't tell, but you really think it might be.

Humphrey: The young mouse takes the spear and shield with a big grin and excited noises, though the parents stood nearby look concerned that their child is holding a spear. They don't dare question you though. The pig hands you a short stick and moves to the top of a big tube. "Are you ready Ser Mouse?" he shouts down the tube making the children laugh. Humphrey nods and adopts a heroic striking stance. The fake rat rushes down the tube as the pig throws it. Humphrey holds his breath and [7 + 2 Dex - 1 No skill with bludgeon = 8 - Pass - 3 Stunt points Taunt] catches the back end of the toy rat, he immediately begins to taunt the toy! (Up to you what he says) The toy squeeks dramatically and the children cheer! The pig claps - though he looks annoyed someone actually won. "Which would you like?" he points at the rewards. There's a toy wooden sword, a toy wooden spear or a big wheel of cheese!

Billy: The Archery is in full swing. You can see that this morning a fox named Robin won the first rounds. Now it is the second event of the day, three shots to be taken targets 20 metres away. The pig hosting the event is asking for a three silver entry/bow/crossbow rental fee and invites you to have a go. The winner is the person with the best shot and each round wins 30 round is worth 30 silver! There's a long list of mediocre scores so far - the leader is Malcolm with 24 points.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2016, 02:42:31 PM »

"Take that you blaggard!" Humphrey squeaks in triumph, unreasonably excited at having won a fairground game, before smashing the toy several more times into the dirt.
*shouldn't I pay for my turn at the stall?*

"nothing settles the stomach after a day of bloodshed better than some cheese, that's what old Lord Cadogan always used to say"

Pass the machete.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2016, 06:30:52 PM »
Billy bellows at the pig overseeing the archery stand. 'Friend boar! Fetch me your finest bow and your truest arrows! Let Billy the Goat try his hand at your game!' He puts the three coins in the pig's hand, and awaits to be shown which arrows he should put in what target.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2016, 07:13:18 PM »
Simon wanders along behind his brother, letting the grandiose Billy suck up all the attention, and looking for an opportunity to drop a few unattended items into his pockets while Billy serves as an unintentional distraction.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2016, 02:09:41 AM »
As the newest "heros" of Truffleton gradually move off from the fighting area, the Jack watches as the badger and mouse move towards the cat wizard, while the two goats move towards the archery table.  Jack decides to follow the Badger and Mouse to see if he might be needed should the cat wizard be less than what he looks, and Jack stays a decent distance away and on guard so to speak.  He's not particularly impressed by the throwing up of cards in the air until, wow, the burst into flames and the cat pulls out the one Boris picked previously.

Once the goats finish with their round of archery, then Jack thinks he'll head over that way for the next round.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2016, 09:23:18 AM »
Boris is delighted with his new magic ring. When the sun hits it it positively glows with arcane power! Or, at least, with reflected sunlight. He's sure it's going to be very useful.

But, it was quite expensive. He remembers seeing mention of prize for the sheep sheardressing competition, and wonders if he'd be any good at it. He heads over to the sheardressing area and asks whoever's running it what the rules are.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 10:48:18 AM by rufus sparkfire »
If I wanted to.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2016, 09:47:27 AM »
Humphrey: The pig gives you the wheel of cheese and all the children look disappointed that you didn't take the toys. Still, you've got an excellent wheel of smelly yellow cheese to keep, so sod them. [Deduct 1 silver from you for the game.]

Jack: You eye the cat suspiciously but he doesn't seem at all a threat. Infact, he looks like a cat doing magic for children and apparently easily amused badgers and dogs. As he heads over to the archery stand the pig gives him the same talk. [Assuming you're going to play, pay the entry fee and he will hand you a bow]

Billy: the pig takes your cash and hands you a generic bow and three arrows. Clearly he doesn't really have a finest bow, but he makes a show of it anyway. He takes you over to the area and tells you where to stand, then he points at the targets. "Get it in the middle." he tells you needlessly.

Billy holds his breath and takes aim. He looses his first arrow. [Minor action- Aim - +1 : 1+3+5+1 bonus = 10 + 0 Accuracy] He watches at it hits the 5 point ring and vibrates in the wood.

He picks up and aims his second arrow. [Minor action- Aim +1 : 5+6+1+1 bonus = 13 + 0 Accuracy] It hits the 7 point ring and Billy looks smug.

Picking up his final arrow he carefully lifts his bow. [Minor action- Aim + 1 : 3+1+1 = 6 + 0 Accuracy] The final arrow flies at rapid pace and hits the 3 point ring.

The pig runs over to validate the results and counts them out. 15! He declares!

Boris: The sheep sheering competition is run by a very colourful sheep, his wool dyed various shades of blue. He points at the makeshift stage - "The rules are that you clip the volunteer sheeps wool!" he's quite enthusiastic. "We sheep need to be sheered once a year. So we all save up and have this competition! It's quite droll otherwise. It's 2 silvers to enter but if you win, you get 5 gold!" He leans in. "We match you up with a sheep and then you have to sheer them. It's as much about working as a team as it is about deft hands!"

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2016, 10:52:52 AM »
Boris listens carefully to what the sheep tells him. Then he says, "I've never sheared a sheep before, but I'd like to give it a try. I hope I'll be able to do a good job." He pays the two silver.
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2016, 11:03:42 AM »
Humphrey tears a chunk of cheese from the wheel, and hands it the young mouse, winking. "got to keep my squire well fed eh?"

Humphrey retrieves his equipment from the mouse and heads over to the sheep shearing area.

Pass the machete.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2016, 03:35:08 PM »
Billy snorts, clearly not pleased with his results. He didn't really think of himself as a good archer- his type of hunting involved tracking his quarry and then chopping it to pieces, not patiently waiting for a target to cross his sight at twenty paces. But he thought he'd at least be good enough to win a fair contest. Still, no reason to be upset about it.

'It seems the fox remains at the head of the round! I shall raise a glass to his keen eye this night!' He turns to the pig who gave him his bow. 'Tell me, master of bows, when you will host your next round, and I might have three more silver then for your three arrows.'