home

Author Topic: Warhammer-empire faces  (Read 389658 times)

Offline Merrick

• Members
  • I say!
    • http://www.facebook.com/WinHereWinThereWinWinEverywhere
Re: Warhammer-empire faces
« Reply #525 on: January 20, 2009, 11:24:33 AM »
Fear me, for I am league with the Skaven! I will be your doom!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #526 on: January 20, 2009, 01:23:00 PM »
We had to submit an "artists statement" with our sculpture for a class, and it was supposed to explain the "meaning" of our project. I argued that mine had no meaning, and was told to find something. I thought that was dishonest, so I turned this in instead. I figured I exceed the 100 word minimum, since 1 picture = ... well you get the idea.

I hated when there always had to be a meaning.  It was the same in English.  Can't there ever just be a story or in your case a model without having some great political statement?  Good job! :::cheers:::
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Otaku

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #527 on: January 20, 2009, 01:53:01 PM »

so how many faces has Otaku got in his album now 9-10,000 I think we've gone beyond modeling potential now.

Still fun to show ourselves off though

DH

Way beyond modelling potential... besides, I could never do your fantastic face justice.  You look like a middenlander to me if only your beared was a little longer

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Much Less Dense Than Other Lawyers!
« Reply #528 on: January 20, 2009, 02:52:22 PM »
We had to submit an "artists statement" with our sculpture for a class, and it was supposed to explain the "meaning" of our project. I argued that mine had no meaning, and was told to find something. I thought that was dishonest, so I turned this in instead. I figured I exceed the 100 word minimum, since 1 picture = ... well you get the idea.

:eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
Quote from: Johan Willhelm
Quote from: Dendo Star
Muppets do not have Hatred!
I bet "Animal" has Frenzy . . .

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #529 on: January 20, 2009, 03:48:39 PM »
I hated when there always had to be a meaning.  It was the same in English.  Can't there ever just be a story or in your case a model without having some great political statement?  Good job! :::cheers:::

I was a bitter student. And I agree about the English thing. I've got a similar story for something I did when I was pissed that they made me take my English requirements over again when I transferred from one school to another.

I'm tired of (most) art that tries to be too "deep" or is solely a political or shock-cultural attention-whore statement.

Love the art, hate the artist.  :wink:

Offline Dannyfave

• Members
  • A.K.A Skabilly Takamaster.
« Reply #530 on: January 20, 2009, 04:38:20 PM »
@Der Hurenwiebel....

Why is there foam on your weapon? It seems like that would hamper its effectiveness....

(I fight live steel so had to make that comment)
From feanor fire heart:

"In west virginia why couldnt they have sex ed and drivers ed on the same day?  Because its too much work for the donkey"

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #531 on: January 20, 2009, 10:34:41 PM »

so how many faces has Otaku got in his album now 9-10,000 I think we've gone beyond modeling potential now.

DH

Way beyond modelling potential... besides, I could never do your fantastic face justice.  You look like a middenlander to me if only your beared was a little longer
if my beard gets much longer it gets tangled in my chin strap slider and I HATE THAT (ouch) shaving my right sideburn with an otherwise full beard just looks dorky.

re: to the live steel VS SCA and what I more usually do WMA.  The bars or mesh on the helmet allow head shots and the ratten club as opposed to a blunted sword presents a wider impact cone to the target so lighter armour and heavier blows aren't as contusion making.  I rarely take pictures of the WMA since I'm usually buzy but we use blunted steel swords and saxes with SCA type mass weapons and protective gear, but with a full body target, full weapon use,(pommel strikes and punches etc.) and grappling allowed.  I've done vikes NA and a roman group over here and they just seem like pillow fighting compared to WMA, hell at least SCA has full strength shots and the head as a target even if the weapons are nerfy. 

Mathi, my helmet is a barbarianised Late roman cavalry/ byzantine helmet, I built it about 16 years ago before I got better examples as models.  I'm supposed to be 11th cent Varangian, I left off the splinted lower leg armour for this tournament.  I'm building two new helmets one will be a Gjermundbu with chain aventail,embossed nickle plaques, and bronze eyebrows and oculars.  The other you'll like is a slope brimmed kettle hat with cheekplates in the 14th cent norske style.  I'm also in the process of rebuilding my wisby finger gauntlets,(the leather foundation all rotted) so I can use my cross hilted sword and long axe.  I'll be editing the pics to answer some of your other implied questions.
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline Dannyfave

• Members
  • A.K.A Skabilly Takamaster.
« Reply #532 on: January 20, 2009, 10:38:04 PM »

DH

if my beard gets much longer it gets tangled in my chin strap slider and I HATE THAT (ouch) shaving my right sideburn with an otherwise full beard just looks dorky.

re: to the live steel VS SCA and what I more usually do WMA.  The bars or mesh on the helmet allow head shots and the ratten club as opposed to a blunted sword presents a wider impact cone to the target so lighter armour and heavier blows aren't as contusion making.  I rarely take pictures of the WMA since I'm usually buzy but we use blunted steel swords and saxes with SCA type mass weapons and protective gear, but with a full body target, full weapon use,(pommel strikes and punches etc.) and grappling allowed.  I've done vikes NA and a roman group over here and they just seem like pillow fighting compared to WMA, hell at least SCA has full strength shots and the head as a target even if the weapons are nerfy. 

Mathi, my helmet is a barbarianised Late roman cavalry/ byzantine helmet, I built it about 16 years ago before I got better examples as models.  I'm supposed to be 11th cent Varangian, I left off the splinted lower leg armour for this tournament.  I'm building two new helmets one will be a Gjermundbu with chain aventail,embossed nickle plaques, and bronze eyebrows and oculars.  The other you'll like is a slope brimmed kettle hat with cheekplates in the 14th cent norske style.  I'm also in the process of rebuilding my wisby finger gauntlets,(the leather foundation all rotted) so I can use my cross hilted sword and long axe.  I'll be editing the pics to answer some of your other implied questions.

I don't know about all of that official group stuff you are talking about... We just wear helmets and whatever else we can get (I just have a gambeson and everything else is leather armor) but we go full speed and full power... Yeah we get hurt a lot but its realy fun..
From feanor fire heart:

"In west virginia why couldnt they have sex ed and drivers ed on the same day?  Because its too much work for the donkey"

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #533 on: January 21, 2009, 01:12:57 PM »
Danny... You are playing dangerous, for sure. Official stuff, it is simply different societes, WMA is Western martial arts, also known as ARMA or HEMA. I fought last summer with some HEMA folks using blunted steel, and it was really fun. We had not face protections unless the helms themselves where so designed, so we avoided the heads unless we could land a proper cut.

There is one important rule in all fighting, as old as the training with CC weapons:
"No poking the EYE!"

We agreed that you must hit enough to show you had control and could deliver a harder blow, but not all out. So just tapping or poking did nothing, but neither did I deliver fullforce blows or thrust with my spear. If I would deliver full force with my spear, I guarantee inner bleedings!

Same, I feel certain that I can break your lower arm and easily crush your wrist or elbow if I used full force of my blunted sword.
I belive that to have a really good live steel fight, you need full body target, with restrictions about avoiding certain areas such as knews, face and elbow and unprotected heads.
You should strike a bit harder than them vikings do, but not so heard you can cause serious injury. But that is about weapon control. If you have good weapon control, you will be able to break the strokes and thrusts just enough and still swing with almost full speed.
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #534 on: February 04, 2009, 02:25:56 AM »
When the snow hits, the British lose their minds...

:ph34r:

Phil
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
Re:
« Reply #535 on: February 04, 2009, 02:47:21 AM »
Yeah. Thats what caused rufus to post that picture... :roll:
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline offroadfury88

• Members
  • Und die Vögel singen nicht mehr
« Reply #536 on: February 04, 2009, 04:19:10 AM »
Frikin gingers, runnin around in the snow with no shirts. Who do they think they fooling? not me for sure!
Happiness never decreases by being shared.
 -The Buddha

An act of kindness surpasses a thousand prayers
 -Sa'di

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #537 on: February 04, 2009, 04:38:41 AM »
He's a lumberjack and he's okay... :-D
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #538 on: February 04, 2009, 04:46:24 AM »
He sleeps all night and he works all day.   :-D

I would expect no less from our Rufus Sparkfire  :closed-eyes:
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline Dunrik

• Members
  • Alexander von Wolfenberg
« Reply #539 on: February 04, 2009, 06:51:29 AM »
lol Calvin :icon_lol:

Epic pic Rufus :wink:
RIP Rufas/Ironmonger

"You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks."
Napoleon Bonaparte

My blog, http://wolfenbergtimes.blogspot.com/

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #540 on: February 04, 2009, 07:38:08 AM »
well now I know why he's called red
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #541 on: February 04, 2009, 10:41:36 AM »
You haven't changed a bit... I thought the beard was gone ?
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #542 on: February 04, 2009, 11:14:02 AM »
why are yuou topless!
It's fricking cold!
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
  • For the Emperor, the Empire & Sigmar
« Reply #543 on: February 04, 2009, 12:01:05 PM »
Its the invasion of the BEARDLINGS :::cheers:::

Thought I should show myself so all those wishing to petition the assassin's guild know who to look for because of the Solland Rebelion :engel:
Long live the Crown of Solland

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #544 on: February 04, 2009, 12:37:05 PM »
Also, I have no idea what people are talking about in the previous posts.  :icon_confused:

Don't worry about it, this is the back table....
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 11:24:13 PM by . »

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #545 on: February 04, 2009, 12:42:16 PM »
I'm guessing rufus did one of his ninja mod edits, cause I don't see him topless in the snow like everyone is talking about.

not together.

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #546 on: February 04, 2009, 12:44:43 PM »
Damn ! missed the edit...

Good one, Rufus ! You got me (not that that's hard...)

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #547 on: February 04, 2009, 12:45:46 PM »
I'm guessing rufus did one of his ninja mod edits, cause I don't see him topless in the snow like everyone is talking about.

It won't help him. The image of his boy like body in the snow is burned into my lobe...
My hood is my castle...

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #548 on: February 04, 2009, 12:47:26 PM »
Thought I should show myself so all those wishing to petition the assassin's guild know who to look for because of the Solland Rebelion :engel:

Oh yes.  You are done for my good man! :wink:

not together.

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
  • For the Emperor, the Empire & Sigmar
« Reply #549 on: February 04, 2009, 01:58:22 PM »
Your beard could be a little beardier.  :icon_razz:

Hey, I had to shave it off for a wedding 3 weeks ago, it's in the healing stages so far :wink:
Long live the Crown of Solland