home

Author Topic: Hi from a painter and a poor WHF player.  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Archilector_Malaga

• Members
Hi from a painter and a poor WHF player.
« on: March 07, 2023, 02:47:32 PM »
Hi everyone and thanks for accepting me in the group.

First of all I must say I am not very experienced in forums and a bit clumsy, so please bear with me if I make a mistake or post something in the wrong section.

I am a Spanish/British painter based in Belfast. I used to be an Empire (very bad) player and also a collector as I love the Old World's Empire. I sold my Empire army 10 years ago as I wasn't using it and now planning on painting and collecting a new Empire army. I lost all the pics I had from my previous army, but in case you want to take a look at my work, I am on Instagram as archilector78 In case you want to check out my work.

My idea is to post the progress as I start collecting/painting my new Empire army.

I hope you like what you see.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Hi from a painter and a poor WHF player.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 02:50:15 PM »
I'm interested in seeing what you're up to with your new Empire army.  Are you planning to create a new thread for your painting log?
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2023, 03:08:52 PM »
I'm interested in seeing what you're up to with your new Empire army.  Are you planning to create a new thread for your painting log?

Thanks for your reply. I am indeed. I guess there is a section to do so.

I am painting on commission most of the time, but I want to make an effort and get to it asap. :)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2023, 03:27:58 PM »
Ok, so you had the right spot for a painting thread, although an introductory thread like this ... hmmm, maybe that's a good idea for a new area of our forums for folks to introduce themselves.  Will leave it here for the moment, and give this more consideration as to where we might place such items another time.

Wondering what caused the return to painting Empire?

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2023, 03:39:26 PM »
Ok, so you had the right spot for a painting thread, although an introductory thread like this ... hmmm, maybe that's a good idea for a new area of our forums for folks to introduce themselves.  Will leave it here for the moment, and give this more consideration as to where we might place such items another time.

Wondering what caused the return to painting Empire?

My apologies, I am a noob in forums.

That's a good question. There are several reasons:

1. I often miss painting for myself

2. I love painting colourful miniatures and the Empire is a perfect example of a colourful army. I still have to decide which province colour scheme I'd go for this time, as my previous army was Talabecland.

3. I've heard the Old World may be a thing in the near future, so I got a bit hyped up : ))

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2023, 05:31:22 PM »
Great reasons! :icon_biggrin:

Painting is my favorite aspect of the hobby.

Games Workshop has said their are going to  be 4 primary provinces that will be attempting unify the Empire, and the following link goes to a thread on those located in our "The Old World Cometh Again" area ...

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=56078.0

... although that doesn't mean we know the fluff color schemes for these yet.  And my guess is the other provinces still exist, yet are allied under one of four going after the throne.  GW has shown us shields with heraldry on it for the primary 4, and those can be found here on GW's site ...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/11/old-world-development-diary-explore-the-war-torn-lands-of-the-world-that-was/

Rumors seem to be pointing to a release of Warhammer: The Old World for this year, and I'm hoping so. :smile2:

By the way, check out our "Town Guild Hall" area ... lots of threads on different topics for the community there, including poll questions that can be fun to be part of as well. :::cheers:::

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2023, 08:09:32 PM »
For the moment, we've moved your intro thread into the Welcome area. :icon_cool:

And when you're ready, feel free to set up your painting log in the Brush and Palette. :::cheers:::

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2023, 08:50:22 AM »
Great reasons! :icon_biggrin:

Painting is my favorite aspect of the hobby.

Games Workshop has said their are going to  be 4 primary provinces that will be attempting unify the Empire, and the following link goes to a thread on those located in our "The Old World Cometh Again" area ...

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=56078.0

... although that doesn't mean we know the fluff color schemes for these yet.  And my guess is the other provinces still exist, yet are allied under one of four going after the throne.  GW has shown us shields with heraldry on it for the primary 4, and those can be found here on GW's site ...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/11/old-world-development-diary-explore-the-war-torn-lands-of-the-world-that-was/

Rumors seem to be pointing to a release of Warhammer: The Old World for this year, and I'm hoping so. :smile2:

By the way, check out our "Town Guild Hall" area ... lots of threads on different topics for the community there, including poll questions that can be fun to be part of as well. :::cheers:::

Thanks a million for the information! I'll certainly take a look at those links.

Painting is basically what I do, as I have always been very bad at playing.  :-D